Going to a place I love, to a hotel I know with lots of activities to fill my time...what could go wrong for a person travelling alone?.... The hotel (Le Source) was closed down 10 days before my departure, to my horror. I booked the Calabash on the recommendation of British Airways. Upon arrival I was greeted by Annisha, one of the most personable receptionists I've ever met. She showed me to my room and made sure I felt comfortable. She even ensured I wasn't dining alone on my first evening but with Sally from the spa. My room was spacious, clean & close to the main facility with all the usual appliances & gadgets I've become used to getting (it was nice not being a singleton relegated to the outer edges of the resort). The food in the Gary Rhodes restaurant was lovely & the staff clearly take pride in their service. I had a couple of treatments with Sally at the spa...well what can I say - this lady has some moves. She was, without doubt, the single individual who totally turned around what could have been a lonely, boring holiday (compared to what I had expected) into one of the most comfortable & relaxed holidays I've had. I played tennis, swam in the sea & pool, used the gym and enjoyed my treatments. I made some great friends & I want to say thank you to Lilian & her staff for doing their absolute best to help me enjoy my time. If you're travelling alone & looking for some r&r then you will feel safe and looked after at the Calabash. No wild evenings but you don't need to go far from the resort for some dancing & fun....one last mention is to Mark at the beach restaurant - banana crumbles to die for, I enjoyed all his lunches without exception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the Caribbean island of Grenada, known worldwide for its exceptional natural beauty, long white sand beaches and turquoise sea, is the luxury boutique hotel, Calabash. The Calabash Hotel combines five star service and luxury within a relaxed & intimate environment to create the ultimate Caribbean escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Calabash Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Calabash Hotel
- Calabash Hotel St Georges
- Calabash Hotel Grenada/Saint George Parish