We stayed just one weekend, and had largely wanted to be left alone, which is what Jill, the proprietress, allowed for us. Because of space availability, we were upgraded to the two-bedroom air-conditioned apartment.
The good - Full kitchen, dining room, and the A/C worked very well. The construction of the house was very solid, the materials used were of high quality, which is somewhat atypical in Grenada comparing other experiences. The view was stupendous, both from the room (with a balcony that looked out onto the private beach and ocean) and from the jetty. The tennis court also looked to be in good repair. There always seemed to be a nice breeze coming in from the sea (sometimes very stiff).
Points of improvement - The facility and furnishings looked like they hadn't been upgraded since the 1960s. The stove is natural gas and you have to light it up with a match. Although there were tons of cookware and cutlery, I couldn't find any condiments. There was a salt shaker and pepper shaker, but the salt shaker had a disgusting brown crust on it. Although solidly built, it appears there were large cracks somewhere, because we encountered a small gecko and some large creepy crawlies, which I thought was quaint but caused my partner to go into a tiffy. One small complaint was only Jill had access to the snorkel gear, tennis equipment, DVD/book collection, and when she was not in the office, we could not get access to the equipment. So a slight drag as it required some advanced planning to get the equipment.
Location - east side of the island. The private beach is gorgeous and very big, and there's almost nobody (or sometimes literally nobody) else there. The jetty is solidly constructed and one can snorkel off of it. The location is very remote though. About a 15-20 minute drive into the Grand Anse area for civilization. There are four eateries that I counted in Lance Aux Epines, and I think only one is open on Sunday, and none of them are really within walking distance (unless you count the private University Club, if you are a guest who has access there). There is no food provided and no restaurant on the premises.
Overall, great relaxing stay, if you don't mind going back in time a bit and possibly skipping a meal (Sunday lunch) due to accessibility issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Self-catering beachfront cottages and apartments located on a quiet tree-shaded beach in Lance aux Epines with a panoramic view of the ocean and mountains. Swimming pool, tennis court and jetty giving access to the coral reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, West Indies and Hotels.com so you can book your Coral Cove Cottages & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Cove Cottages And Apartments
- Coral Cove Cottages & Apartments Hotel St. George`s
- Coral Cove Hotel Apartments
- Coral Cove Resort Apartments
- Coral Cove Cottages & Apartments Grenada/Saint George Parish