“Convenient & Friendly!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 23 hotels in St. George's
Chicago
“Convenient & Friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Convenient to airport, beach, food, shopping, diving, etc. Staff very friendly and helpful with anything you need. Very easy to get on a tour for any of the many things you may want to do. This is within walking distance to the Spiceland Mall - grocery store, hardware store, food court, shopping, etc.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Macarana building. It's the closest to street level, so if stairs are a challenge...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
flambosm, General Manager at The Flamboyant Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. We are happy that our location was ideal for you. And our friendly and helpful staff were able to satisfy your needs.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Flamboyant Hotel once again.

480 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed one night in low season. Room was great with splendid views over the sea. Had some problems with the lock but they'll probably fix it. Beach was great and the bar and restaurant was good although service was a bit slow. Breakfast was very bland. WiFi was good. About 1 km Walking distance to main road where buses to St George's ply. The walk from the beach to the accomodation area is VERY steep so if your mobility is imparied you should not stay here. I wanted to rate this place a "4" but slow service and bad breakfast made it a "3", almost a 4. I can recommend staying here, though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for not providing you with faster service in our restaurant. We will review our breakfast offerings once again. And our maintenance team has taken care of the problem with the lock.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel once again.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Where to go when you're feeling somewhat jaded and in need of total restoration? If you're thinking about a trip to the Caribbean, and if the idea of Grenada floats your boat, then this is the place for you. I've been living in the Caribbean for a few months now, and my mission while I'm in this part of the world is to experience as many of the islands as possible. Grenada is my most recent discovery and I know that this is one of those islands that I'm going to be revisiting again and again. But this review is about a hotel rather than the island itself, and so I'm going to address the hotel. First off, the customer service and care at the Flamboyant is first rate. Every single member go staff will go out of their way to ensure that your stay is as great an experience as you could hope for. I stayed there for 4 nights recently and it was the best short break I have had in a very long time. And I'm not saying this because of the free rum punch voucher that every guest receives! My room was a standard, with a view of Grand Anse bay. Truthfully, standard hotel rooms around the world are much of a sameness. Mine was spacious, with a huge comfortable bed, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, an iron and ironing board, hot water in the shower, a working TV (though I didn't actually watch any programmes), and mercifully, an air conditioning unit that worked as it was supposed to - and silently! Best of all, I had an excellent view of the spectacular Grand Anse bay from my spacious balcony! This is a big hotel, spread out on a hilltop overlooking the bay. There are several blocks, each named after a musical genre. I was in Merengue, Room 10. Very quiet and never heard a peep from my neighbours. Daily room cleaning service by really friendly housekeeping staff. The dining facilities are situated at the bottom of a steep hill. Personally I enjoyed the opportunity for some exercise but if steep stairs are beyond you, there is a complimentary golf buggy service to shuttle you around the resort. The bars and restaurant are located in a prime spot at the end/start of the world famous Grand Anse bay beach, almost two miles of golden sand beaches. I'm into walking as exercise so began and ended each day with a walk along this beach, really enjoying the sights of little boats moored on the beach, local families and visitors all enjoying early morning or sunset bathing in the warm seas. The only downside are the vendors who will phone their vendor buddies to alert them to your presence once they have made a sale. But they aren't too numerous and will generally respect your desire to be left alone. The pool area looked very clean, and it was never particularly full, though bear in mind, I stayed during the low season. I loved the resident tortoises and I was pleased to see some local children also enjoying them from a safe distance. There are several bars and dining areas to choose from, all situated on or very near to the beach. Bar staff will serve your rum punches or Cariba beers at your sun lounger with a warm smile. Food was generally good and plentiful which is just about all I require as I'm not much of a foodie) and I was pleased to see that the chef made use of local produce. Room service was generally good, though took over an hour to arrive one night - my only real complaint, especially as I was starving! Nothing is too much trouble for them. I travelled with an extremely demanding companion and I have to say that I was so very impressed by the way that staff met her demands with equanimity. I didn't explore the offered entertainment but there seemed to be a good variety - I enjoyed the disco at a distance, from my room..

Overall, this represented excellent value for money. It is, as I said, a sprawling large hotel, yet possibly again because it was low season, I hardly ever felt hemmed in by other guests - in fact, I hardly ever saw other guests!

This is so much of a chilling out space that you will be hard pushed to move. But you should and you must. The town of St. George is about 20 minutes walk away. You could get a taxi but why bother as it's such a beautiful walk. I believe that you can also get a bus which runs near to the hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure that you room faces onto Grand Anse Bay...excellent views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
flambosm, Manager at The Flamboyant Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate the time and effort you made to share your thoughts with us. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable vacation. Credit must be given to our staff. I sincerely apologise for the delay you had in the delivery of your room service. Your feedback was shared with the staff as is customary for us to do so, and corrective action taken in order to handle room service on a busy night.
It was a pleasure serving you both, and we look forward to having you with us in the near future.
Colleyville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Perfect location. Close to the mall and on a beautiful beach. The views from the rooms were incredible with balconies. The ac was incredible after a day on the beach and the walk up to the room. The rooms were rather dated, but comfortable and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We chose the Flamboyant because it was cheaper than the alternatives. Without a budget option, the dream of a holiday on Grenada would have had to wait. The bedroom part of our room was attractive and comfy and was cleaned to a good standard every day. The aircon was a bit noisy but worked well. I'd have appreciated slightly thicker curtains - it was very bright in the room once the sun had risen at about 6:00am. Mostly though, we slept well and were undisturbed by any noise from outside or other rooms.
Something splendidly egalitarian about The Flamboyant is that every room has a lovely view of Grand Anse bay, although ours did also feature a close up view of some heavy duty electrical wires that run along the road outside.
The bathroom was a bit scruffy, but acceptable. We'd booked a room with a Kitchenette, hoping to make our spending money go further by having a couple of self catering days. We did succeed in this, but the oven was of a type that poses a test of initiative to a Brit under the age of 70 and the electric flex from the fridge was draped accross a metal sink, passing near the taps - slightly alarming to those of us who have heard that electrcity, metal and water in proximity might not be wise.
The continental breakfast came into the category of ok, but could be better. Lovely tropical fruits and good service, but cereal that looked like the dregs from the bottom of the packet every day and an uninspiring selection of cakes. Evening meals in the Beachside Terrace were lovely. It's a very attractive restaurant with a good, fairly priced menu and helpful, friendly (albeit it sometimes slow) service.
Service is how the Flamboyant tries to impress. We were given a thoughtful gift for our wedding anniversary which showed that they'd looked at what we'd been ordering to have with dinner, so I have no hesitation in saying that all the staff at the Flamboyant are lovely and that if any of you are reading this, Thank you. Big hug to you all.
A minor issue on the last day, was that it would have been nice to have been offered a late check out. Two hours sitting at reception in tropical heat?
Overall. we had a very happy holiday at the Flamboyant. Grenada is very special. Grand Anse and Morne rouge beaches are turqouise watered, white sanded perfection. We had read some grumpy comments about vendors before going and yes, you can expect to be approaced about 3 times a day on average, but a respectul 'No thank you' will work.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This idyllic island in the southern Caribbean has many beautiful hideaways… Grand Anse is my favorite… Just a short ride away from St. George's, this breathtaking property feels like it's on a deserted island… Our room was many steps up high giving us a breathtaking view of the bay, and just down below was the fun party beach with canoes to take out.. Thanks to the kitchenette in the room we had plenty of supplies as well… I will definitely be back to stay at the Flamboyant!

Stayed June 2014
Soton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a week in a room with a kitchenette. The room was very dated and desperately needs redecorating esp the bathroom where there were lines of mould in the tiles. However the views from the balcony were amazing and we loved eating dinner there. The beach is perfect however the numerous traders selling stuff are really annoying, and they all sit on a bench at the end of the hotel beach or on a tree the other end, this made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Overall the hotel is in a lovely and convenient location and we would come back, esp if they updated the rooms.

Stayed June 2014

Been to The Flamboyant Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!