We have just returned from a 15 day trip to Grenada
we stayed at the blue horizons garden resort and loved every minute of it
on arrival our heavy bag was taken from the cab to our apt we were in number 4 and it was clean and tidy close to the pool and restaurant .
We felt totally safe at all times the grounds are permanently patrolled by a security guard and they do their job well ours soon ejected a sponsorship scammer who was reported to him.
on the second night the aircon broke down at about 8pm and after a call to reception it was fixed within the hour.
All the staff there are helpful and friendly and Mr Hopkin the boss is never very far away
The grounds are very well kept and the pool bar and area around it is very clean and tidy.
It is a short walk past the police station and through sister resort Spice Island to the beautiful white sand grand anse beach where you can use the sun loungers with brown cushions on them but not the blue cushions the blue ones are reserved for spice island guests
The sea is crystal clear and warm and very safe to swim in there is a permanent lifeguard station halfway along it and not very far out are some reefs that have some brightly coloured fish about them.
Whilst we were swimming a spotted eagle ray swam right by us and gave us an amazing display of its beauty .
There are a number of sellers who travel up and down the beach but they are all very polite and a firm no thank you will get you an ok have a nice holiday reply.
A short walk past the small shopping centre up to the roundabout where you can catch a no1 bus into St Georges We went up to the fort there and were guided around by a really nice person who was full of information about Grenada and it was freely given.
Those who like shopping may get a little disappointed there are not many malls there and the ones that are have lots of empty shops in them their economy is suffering badly we think
As in my review of Antigua I strongly advise anyone going there to source some Bens 100 insect repellent my wife was bitten badly on the second night when she sat outside waiting for the aircon man and she forgot to spray with bens in all the 15 days there I was bitten once on my elbow so that says a lot for the product and some other people on the island we spoke to had other types and were still being bitten.
best value for money eatery was the umbrellas beach bar
best food I ate was at the dodgy dock
best cocktail I had was a mudslide at blue horizons
worst eating atmosphere I had was at surprisingly the aquarium and it really wasn't that bad at all it just didn't suit me.
We were made very welcome at the blue horizons and would certainly stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on the picturesque South West Coast of Grenada, in 6 1/4 acres of beautiful tropical gardens. The world-renowned Grand Anse beach is only 300 yards from the resort and just 4 miles from the airport, with the colourful and vibrant capital of St. George is only 5 miles away. We offer you quiet comfort and individual privacy in 32 One Bedroom and Studio self catering accommodations, a friendly staff, and one of Grenada's finest restaurants, La Belle Creole. Swim in our freshwater pool, enjoy a cool drink at the poolside bar, or relax in the lounge with a good book. We are Green Globe Certified and home to 27 species of birds and 49 moths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Blue Horizons Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizons Garden Hotel St. George`s
- Blue Horizons Garden Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish