We just spent a relaxing 11 nights at the Blue Horizons Garden Resort. We opted for a B&B option, and would recommend the tasty nutmeg and cinnamon pancakes and fruit plate. Staff at breakfast were friendly, but depending who was working, sometimes the service could be a little slow and/or things got forgotten.
The accommodation was very comfortable and spacious, and was cleaned every day. It was very useful to have a kitchen area, as when we weren't exploring the island, we could come back and have lunch under the shade of the veranda (the nearby supermarket is quite expensive, as we found food to generally be). There were loads of birds in the garden to watch, including the apparently elusive dove - which we saw quite a lot of! The only downside of not having the kitchen in a separate room, was the fridge could be rather noisy at night.
The pool area was often quiet and a nice fruit punch could be bought from the poolside bar! There was a BBQ there, but we never saw it used - it would have been a nice option one evening or weekend lunchtime.
We ate at the hotel's restaurant on two evenings - the food was good and compared to other hotel restaurants in the area, more reasonably priced.
Grand Anse beach is a short walk away, and is lovely and very uncrowded. We very much enjoyed Umbrellas for tasty, reasonably priced 'bar food' which is just along the beach.
The hotel organised 4 day car hire and we would recommend exploring the island - particularly the East coast and the national park.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay, and we would definitely recommend it to others.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizons Garden Hotel St. George`s
- Blue Horizons Garden Hotel
- Blue Horizons Garden Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort is located on the picturesque South West Coast of Grenada, in 6 1/4 acres of beautiful tropical gardens. The world-renowned Grand Anse beach is only 300 yards from the resort and just 4 miles from the airport, with the colourful and vibrant capital of St. George is only 5 miles away. We offer you luxurious self catering accommodations in two different categories, a friendly staff, and one of Grenada's finest restaurants, La Belle Creole. Swim in our freshwater pool, enjoy a cool drink at the poolside bar, or relax in the lounge with a good book. We are Green Globe Certified and home to 21 species of birds and 49 moths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Venere, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Expedia so you can book your Blue Horizons Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.