We stayed in aSeagrape suite which must provide some of the best holiday accommodation in the world. They comrise a bathroom with oversize spa bath and separate shower, a very large bedroom, a sitting area with television , an outside covered area and a patio. And only a few steps away is the vast spread of Grand Anse beach.
As well as being superbly situated by the beach, the hotel is only a couple of hundred yards from a shopping mall which has a supermarket and a bank as well as outfitters and a few other shops. A short distance further is a pharmacy and some other shops. There are also some nice walks to be taken from the hotel, and if you wish to visit St Georges the local bus leaves from the end of the road.
The staff are pleasant, friendly and helpful. The bar is good and generally well stocked. The food is very good and certainly reflects the wide range of spices and vegetables available on the island.
To us the one down side was the wines available as part of the all-inclusive package. Although many people were guzzling large quantities, presumably because it was "free", the wines appeared to have been bought with low cost being the only desired attribute - we saw the same wines in the local supermarket and they were the cheapest by a fair margin. A pity, as the rest of the hotel's provisiom was very good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish