The hotel is very much boutique style with 64 suites and a health spa. First impressions came with the genuinely warm welcome we received on arrival followed by the walk through the beautiful gardens to our Seagrape beachfront suite. The suite itself was one of the largest we have encountered in our travels and was immaculate with extremely effective airconditioning if required. Each suite came with two sunbeds and a hammock, negating any rush round to find spare ones, complimeted by a super vista of the sea and beach. There were additional sunshades and beds along the beach which were generally free when the benefit of the soothing Caribbean breeze was required! Only one small criticism here was that the privacy hedging between adjoining beach suites was a little sparse but with occupancy around only 50% due to global economic stress this was not a big issue, however.
The sandy beach is of high quality but not all of the 2.5 miles length looks as attractive as the southern end of the beach where Spice Island is located. Further up the beach is part of the campus of St George's Uni along with a rather questionable massage parlour. That said this didn't impact on our enjoyment. One point to bear in mind all beaches are public and as such one encounters beach hawkers although they are not persistent given the high profile security presence along the beach.
The is a secluded swimming pool area which looks particularly attractive although we tended to confine ourself to the beach. It must be said that during our stay the sea was a little rough for some of the time rendering it little unsuitable for small children.
Ours was and all inclusive package for a fortnight and the quality of the food was extremely high as was the generosity in pouring drinks when required! Breakfast and lunch was very informal although dinner was slightly more formal (smart-casual) but we like that atmosphere.
Despite the slow nature of travel to top end market holiday destinations the management of Spice Island Resort and adamant that the high standards they set will not be compromised in search of high density occupancy .
Indeed the highlight of our stay was the invite to Spice Island owner Sir Royston Hopkin's magnificent house at True Blue point for a cocktail party to watch the sunset at the bottom of his back garden!
All in all a great holiday destinations whereby by and large all the staff worked hard to provide us with an extremely enjoyable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish