My husband and I were off to Grenada the morning after our wedding and we could not have wished for a more perfect 5 days/6 nights honeymoon. We had chosen Spice Island for the fabulous reviews of a quiet and beautiful place to relax... the place was everything we had imagined and more.
After a long day of travel, we were picked up by Dave Thomas (fabulous cab driver/tour guide for the resort) and greeted at the resort with a glass of their "classic" cocktail - delicious. We considered a room with a private pool, but ended up staying in Sea Grape room (#14). After seeing the property, I really could not imagine staying in any other style room! The room was flawless and always clean (great staff and service), the porch and hammock was perfect for the rainy hours, and we had the sand and ocean right out our door.
We choose to go "all-inclusive" and also splurged on the honeymoon package. The resort set us up with a bottle of champagne, fresh fruit and chocolate, a couples massage and a sunset cruise on the "Shadowfax". The cruise was incredible... music, gorgeous views of Grenada and lots to drink... plus the company was fabulous. The spa at the resort was very nice, but a little hidden. We went back a few days later for a body treatment, which was a good decision since it ended up raining most of that day! The resort also helped us set-up a full-day excursion with Dave Thomas around Grenada. We first stopped at Concord Falls (bring your bathing suit! there is a room to change) and stopped for tours at the nutmeg factory, Rivers rum distillery and Chocolate Factory. Dave was a great tour guide and we enjoyed having lunch with him at the yummy restaurant at the Chocolate Factory. The Chocolate Factory was especially great, but I wish they would have warned us about the biting flies by the monkey cages in the rainforest! We counted at least 50 bites on both of our legs after the trip... thankfully they were not terribly itchy, but bring bug spray to avoid looking like you have chicken pox!
Back to the resort: INCREDIBLE. The food was out of this world and 5-star for every single meal. With the all-inclusive, we had fun ordering an appetizer, soup/salad, entree and dessert for both lunch and dinner for a few days! Three loud cheers for the servers and chef who knew our names by the 2nd meal and treated us to the best meals of our lives. The menu changed every night. Some of our favorite items included: cucumber juice (breakfast), callalou soup, and the smoke salmon risotto with kingfish. Our stomachs are growling remembering everything! An added special thanks to bartender Wilton for introducing us to "Liquid Sunshine"... the most delicious and beautiful poolside drink! Finally, the other visitors made the stay so enjoyable and were great company at the meals and around the pool.
The ONLY negative we have is not staying long enough to be invited to one of the cocktail hours at the Sir Royston's home. Also, we took a chance visiting during the rainy season and unfortunately experienced 2 full days of rain. Nothing anyone can do about mother nature... we enjoyed renting movies from the front desk those days.
You must visit Spice Island!!! Simply a 5-star gorgeous resort with a prime location and superior management. We cannot wait to visit again in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Beach Hotel
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.