A 2 week family holiday to celebrate my 60th birthday we wanted somewhere to suit 5 adults 2 children age 10 and 8. Having visited the West Indies many times, we wanted an Island to be a 1st for all of us, a small resort, the Spice Island Hotel Grenada was our choice. Having stayed at the Sofitel Gatwick the night before, and took the advantage of BA's twilight check in, we walked straight through and boarded the plane on my 60th day!!! which was great fun, but without a badge or ballon in sight!!!! We flew BA's World Traveller Plus, all I will say it does not compare with Virgin's Premium Ecomony. The holiday was booked through Elegant Resorts, who we have used before and cannot fault. On arrival we were met by their excellent rep Anne, taken by three 4x4s !! the 10 mins journey to Spice Island. Arrival was so welcoming and speedy just what you want after a long flight. All being tired the troops decended to our Sea Grape suite, we requested from the restaurant room service, the menu from the evening meal was delivered by a team of staff, and the lovely Patricia who remained to assist us, it was this type of service that we knew we had made the right choice.. The Sea Grape 21 and Oleander rooms were beautiful, kept spotless by a great team. Garden areas, walkways, pool the same. We decided to take half board, this suited us all. The children could choose either from their own menu, or ours, if given minimal notice they could request something different. Nothing was too much trouble for this Hotel, their customer service was 1st class. We requested 3 picnics during our stay, one being a picnic on another beach Morne Rouge Bay (BBC beach) very nearby a perfect small bay we had the beach to our selves. We snorkelled and found 2 beautiful large star fish along with surprisingly many fishes for the GranKids to squeal over. A Catamaran trip, (Shadowfax would have been our 1st choice but we were told the cat was in dry dock) so we chose through Spice a 1/2 day with First Impressions, snacks/drinks/punch! two snorkelling bays, which included the underwater statues, a unique site, saw lots of fish, including large parrots, the gkids just loved it, our grandaughter 8 was concerned about the depth, but with snorkelling jackets from Aquanauts (just in case) a firm hand to hold she loved it. The children by the end of the holiday perfected snorkelling, even off Grand Anse just down from Spice was an area where we saw many fish, a harmless sting ray came right into shore and caused quite a stir. We managed to tick off quite a few from our chart. The children visited Aquanauts for the canoes, etc they could not have been more helpful. We took light lunches either at Spice or a walk to Umbrellas just up from Spice. BBs, very accomodating with the Gkids excellent lunch fun place to visit. Mandoo's tour of the Island was just another highlight, we took some bananas from breakfast, I had my fingers crossed that the Gkids would see the mona monkeys and they did. Mandoo placed a banana on my daughters head and this rather large monkey jumped on her and took it off!!! All happened so quick never really thought about Elf and Safety!! Mandoo made the trip so interesting he is very passionate about Grenada. Like most places, beach vendors, a polite no is accepted, My Gson had many chats with the famous "Alvin" who made him a necklace, we had no hesitation purchasing it from him, along with a spice charm from another character, and a visit to the vendor's market, to us its part of our holiday having a barter and a chat, right or wrong its our choice. We used the Spa and enjoyed our treatments we understand this area, along with others are being renovated during a short closure there is a need for some up dating. Entertainment was low key every other evening, but was professional and for us enjoyable, so from Sir Roystons home cocktail party ,to dancing with the staff including the GM and his lovely wife, just added to what was a "Perfect holiday for Us" Fabian, Sharon, Stephen, Cortley, Swanie, Patricia, Winston, Karen, Wilton, Nicolson, to name a few, we feel all staff were a credited to the hotel. This hotel helped us with many request from England and during our stay, we would not hesitate in recommending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish