This was our second trip to Spice Island and we enjoyed it just as much, if not more than the first time we travelled there.
This time we took out children 12 and 18 (who were told well in advance that it would be swimming, lounging, reading, eating followed by more of the same). They too enjoyed their stay.
The staff remembered us and those who were new or did not meet us last time were quick to know our names and acknowledge us.
We stayed in adjoining Sea Grape Suites (5&6) which were on the opposite side to our last stay, they were just as good, just as clean and just as well appointed.
We absolutely loved our stay again this time, the mini bar staff were quick to respond to my request for the mini bar. It was topped up daily and the ice topped up twice daily.
Our daughter (12) spent most of the time in the pool and used the kids club, although as it was out of term time there weren't many children there. Each night she took a DVD from reception back to the room after dinner to watch while we had a couple of post dinner drinks in the bar.
The food as usual was fantastic, there wasn't a night any of us were unable to have something we liked from the menu, likewise for lunch and breakfast, we only once had afternoon tea and that was one of the days we missed lunch through being out on a tour of the island. Out daughter was able to utilise the children's menu as well as the option of the full menu.
I cannot comment much on the previous reviews saying the place was boring or that the alcohol was given with contempt - but only to say - this was clearly not the 18-30 holiday they were expecting. There is entertainment but it is low key and unobtrusive and is not on every night, the food and the alcohol sufficed us (and we are Scottish!) but this resort is not one for lively nightlife and drunken daylife, it is a place to come, relax and unwind in an elegant manor. We are in our mid (low mid) 30s and completely enjoyed the relaxation and elegance this resort offers.
There are beach vendors who do pass by, a polite no thank you usually suffices, some do stop to chat but out of politeness, resort patrons are encouraged to go to the local market along the beach to buy from the beach vendors.
The gym is well equipped and was well used on our trip, also the water sports centre at the edge of the resort was well geared up for snorkelling and sailing.
Cant wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish