Have just returned from the Spice Island Resort, home on 7/5/13. Have we any quibbles? Just one :- Please do not put bathroom scales in room!!! Cruel. We had a fabulous time and we are under 70. Not just under 70! We stayed for 15 nights and found almost everything to our liking. Almost? The younger element, 8-40 somethings thought all inclusive means drink till you drop and include every one else in your pleasure. Drunk and brainless by 5.00 pm is not everyones idea of a great holiday. On the plus side :- Yes there is some room for improvement and this Autumn there will be a major refurbishment of the areas some have complained about. Dining room and bar and many of the rooms and the Spa. We found the meals to be excellent but then we do not eat till we drop. The best of all is that Sir Royston and his family are very hands on and the staff are probably the best we have met in any Caribbean resort. To date we have visited the area annually over the past 15 years. Yes we will be returning next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish