This is our third holiday here at Spice Island. Having just read the review "under 40 don't stay here" I can only reply by saying that we stayed at the hotel on the same week as the group of 8 people concerned and if they were between the ages of 33 to 40 then they should have acted accordingly. I am well under 70 and still have a lot of fun within but my idea of fun is not drinking so much that I get louder and louder, upsetting other guests in the restaurant. Not standing in the sea with a drink in each hand leaving the empty beer cans on the otherwise pristine beach and not behaving like teenagers on a night out without parents. If you want that sort of a vacation on Grenada then please book Sandals resort due to open in December.
Rant over - we stayed two weeks here in an Almond pool suite which has been every bit as good as our last visits. The staff are wonderful and know you by name after just a few hours. They are not intrusive but always there to help if needed. Our room is always spotless and I have slept like a baby every night in our lovely big bed adorned with frette linen sheets, cool and comfortable. If I were to moan about anything it would be lovely to have softer towels in the bathroom but that is being really picky as the towels are plentiful and always replaced twice a day including the beach towels.
Our private pool has been serviced daily and is a real treat to cool off in the afternoon sun.
The restaurant is lovely with sea breezes blowing through and the food is very good but as with any restaurant if one eats there for two consecutive weeks one does get a little bored with the food. The menu is very good, interesting choices and not repetitive but on a two week holiday who would blame you for trying out a couple of the local restaurants just for a change of scene. The lunch menu is also excellent with at least three daily specials.
To sum up Spice Island Beach Resort makes a superb choice for holidaying on Grenada whatever age you are. We have made many friends here during our holiday all different ages and nationalities. The setting on Grand Anse beach could not be bettered in my opinion and we will certainly be returning in future years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish