As guests of sister resort Blue Horizons we were allowed to use the facilities at Spice Island.
The property is immaculate, with a tiny pool but right on the beach.
There's an excellent book library and good,free internent just off reception.
We were,however,surprised at how soulless the bar area appeared to be - staff weren't particularly friendly and it had the atmopshere of a retirement home.
It's probably why we met so many Spice Island guests further down the beach enjoying a much better time at Umbrellas.
Certainly when my wife sparked up a cigarette while enjoying a drink by the pool, unaware that there is no smoking allowed ANYWHERE on the resort, we didn't expect a barman to come rushing over and shouting loudly for her to put it out. A small bit of discretion wouldn't have gone amiss.
Also, trying to pay for a drink at the bar with cash appears to throw everyone into a panic, involving hand-written invoices, trips to reception with the cash and generally a ten minute wait to get some change.
Overall while Spice Island looks fabulous there didn't appear to us to be enough to warrant a stay there at high-end prices.
Your parents would probably like it though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish