Wonderful location on Grand Anse Beach and very friendly and helpful staff.
As far as accommodation is concerned the choice of suite is a matter of personal preference.
Our original choice when we first booked with Virgin Holidays Hip Hotels was a Sea Grape suite directly on the beach.We needed to bring forward the timing of our holiday.There were no Sea Grape Suites available for the revised dates so we chose an Anthurium Suite.
We were extremely happy with the revised choice which on balance we preferred to the Sea Grape Suites partly because of the additional privacy and additional tranquillity and partly because of the overall layout and facilities of the Anthurium Suites.
The only disappointment was the food which fell short of and did not live up to the great expectations generated by reading the reviews on TA ( or live up to the comparison of the food at an all inclusive hotel on a different Caribbean island a couple of years ago.) The standard of food was very variable - some highs but too many lows.We are familiar with the whole spectrum of food from basic pub fare through to fine dining and love to sample the local food abroad.Too often we found that the chef's " creations " were a mismatch of conflicting tastes and flavours which masked somewhat the fish or meat which we were supposed to be eating.
The lunch menu hardly changed at all during our stay and whilst there were specials each day the description of the specials delivered verbally by the restaurant staff sometimes did not accurately describe the dish.
For the most part the service was prompt and attentive but at times was amazingly slow even for the Caribbean and on many occasions we had to ask again when our order or request did not arrive.
Despite the slight disappointments referred to above we did have a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday in very acceptable accommodation in a superb location .
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Beach Hotel
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.