My 86 year old mom, my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our week (March 2 - 9) here. The hotel is intimate and first class. The service was efficient yet very friendly, with many people knowing our names. At the coktail party, one of the staff even remembered my daughter's nut allergy and informed her of which dishes she could eat. Our room was spotless and comfortable with all the luxuries including top line toiletries, wireless, DVD and good sized tv, a modern roomy washroom (that featured grohe appliances, two sinks, a deep jacuzzi tub and a separate terrific shower), both a fan and AC (that ran quietly without draft), a safe (could have been a tinge larger) and plenty of room to sit down. Not that we spent that much time inside. The beach was at our doorstep and at least one tour (we made our own) is a must. Most evenings there was music from one of the local bands (we heard calypso, reggae and steel drums as well as more mainstream) to accompany delicious multi course meals. The chef was happy to accommodate requests. We opted for the all inclusive (a first for us) and enjoyed it (we could not eat that much food or sip that many drinks - though we tried). It was nice to meet Sir and Lady Hopkins and their grown children. The family has done much for the Grenada and Grenadians - this is also evident in how he runs this resort.
A few observations:
For some reason, there were not many young adult guests at the hotel the week we were there. Maybe it was the timing. My daughter did not mind - she had to study anyway.
The current can be stronger than you realize and it can make a ridge to step up onto under the water. We gave my mom a hand and had no problems.
The gift shop was very nice but expensive.
The pina coladas and other rum drinks were refreshing.
Nice gifts for those who had to stay home (and work) are packets of spices (from Laura's or any of the food stores) and island rum (from one of the distileries or stores). Remember to bring zip lock bags and bottle protectors for when you pack them (not in hand luggage). If you don't have a connecting flight, you can buy duty free at the airport.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
We usually make all our own arrangements (except Tibet and Mongolia) but did the comparison and a package won. We booked this trip as an Air Canada package through Uniglobe Travel (Marcia Walford). The Grenadian representatives (Wistell and Marielle) at St. James Travel and Tours) were also very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish