We started our "Island Hopping" by spending a week here over Christmas-(just got back 2 weeks ago hence the delayed report)
A small (64 rooms) very well run hotel specialising in looking after you on an individual basis. Excellent staff where nothing was too much trouble. A really good selection of local food using local fresh ingredients but cooked and presented in an "international fashion"
The room-you must get a beach front room-was great-the "ski in ski out" beach access is a must. The sea is clear and warm with a lovely sandy beach starting from only a few feet from your own terrace. You can also take a good three mile round trip walk (or run) along the beach-it is very safe.
All of the staff without exception were fantastic-which is a credit to Brian The General Manager who leads by example by being out there all the time.
Only word of advice-arrive by an international carrier and DO NOT use LIAT-the local airline which is a disaster.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Beach Hotel
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.