We spent New Year at Spice Island having not been to the Caribbean for 10 years & the reason being is that the Indian Ocean part of the world is so much nicer - however we decided to give the Caribbean another go. We stayed in the Sea Grape Suites directly on the beach, which were nice but as others have said, stay away from nos: 1 - 4 , they are too near a very ugly dive / water sport building.
The food at Spice Island was good but sometimes the staff ( female) in "Olivers" were bordering on the point of being rude & in contrast the male waiting staff were fantastic. The one thing that bothers me & it also happens in the States,is the clearing of the table when not everyone has finished their meal , maybe I am particular, but this to me is bad manners & poor training.
One thing to note - do not be in a hurry for lunch or afternoon tea , as this can take anything up to 50 minutes to arrive , even if the restaurant is not busy. The cocktails & drinks are all of excellent quality & the all inclusive package is good value here , if you fancy trying out different drinks.
The hotel has the feel of a colonial home & is very well kept , in particular the gardens & pathways around the property. The spa was disappointing compared to Maldives etc, and was more like a typical beauty salon rather than a spa - they could do a lot with this stand-alone building & create a really nice space.
If you like luxury with a british feel , then this is the place for you, however if you like the more diverse - try the other side of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish