We decided to spend just a few days over New Years with our college age kids and wanted to go somewhere we hadn't been before. Our agent recommended Grenada and this resort so we signed on.
10 minute ride from the airport with fast immigration and luggage unloading.
Impeccably friendly service. The type that is hard to find in the Caribbean. Folks knew our name within a day. Every request was fulfilled. I read a few reviews that referenced slow service. We've been almost everywhere in the Caribbean and while its clear that the sense of urgency is different here, the service speed is more than acceptable. The food is excellent. The beach is very clean and the water is fantastic. The all-inclusive option truly is. Meals, premium liquors and wines at no charge. Only the wine list costs extra. The food is excellent and imaginative. One single restaurant in a large open area. Casual at breakfast, fine at lunch and elegant at dinner. Locals are friendly (and often use the same beach as they are all public..but they respect the privacy of the beachfront suites and leave you to your own space). Unlike many islands we've frequented, the local population is friendly and has more of a "isn't it a great day for all of us to be at the beach" attitude.
The things to know:
Not much to do on the island. You come here to relax, lay on the beach and eat and drink. Nothing else. We did a short evening cruise in the harbor arranged by the hotel and it was very pleasant (beware of the rum punch though..very strong!).
The resort is small and nice..but the far end (units 1,2,3 and 4) are near an apartment building and a dive shop that has a lot of local activity and sound during the day. It didn't bother us, but I can see others being put off paying this much for a beachfront suite that borders an areas that is active. If so, ask for beach units of #5 or higher. The enclosed suites with pools weren't available so we took a beachfront one. Having been here now, I'd recommend the beach. Pass on the more expensive pool equipped suites as they are off of the beach.
In the end, it's a long way to go to a very nice beach, small but very nice resort with very friendly people and not much to do. That was our goal and we were satisfied.
We'd return..but for a trip of 3-5 days max.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish