he title of this review was shamelessly stolen from a couple we met at the resort, and I think it sums Spice Island up perfectly. Myself and my fiancee arrived at the resort ( we were getting married there) to be offered an immediate upgrade as our Seagrape suite wasnt quite ready. Although the upgrade was several tiers above what we originally we booked, we wanted to be on the beach, which these fabulous suites are. We waited less than 30 mins for the room to be ready, but I immediately thought this is a place that cares about it's guests.
Needless to say the 2 weeks we had at the resort were wonderful. The wedding was super and we are really glad we chose this resort to get married, the staff were very attentive and helpful and it all went very smoothly and exceeded our expectations.
As for the hotel itself it must have one the best locations on the island, it is right on the beach. The beach itself is public, which I agree with , but its never busy. Food was very good breakfast you can eat as much as you like have a freshly cooked breakfast, lunch very much traditional food, all lovely local produce ( dont think I have ever eaten such a variety of fish).
Dinner was more geared toward fine dining and delicious also. I am guessing the chef may have been a pasty chef at some point , as the desserts on many occasions were delicious. I have eaten in many Michelin star restaurants and while the food isnt quite up there, and it doesnt need to be, it is certainly heading in that direction.
Finally , the one thing about Spice Island, and you can read this in the other reviews , that sets it aside from other establishments, is the level of service and staff. Nothing is too much trouble, always happy to help, and being addressed by my name every day was also a nice touch. Organisations die or fail by their people, and the staff at Spice Island are probably the best hotel staff I have ever encountered anywhere, a merry Xmas to all.
( I would recommend this hotel to couples/honeymooners , very relaxing and peaceful, as is the island of Grenada itself)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish