We stayed at the Spice Island this summer and my daughters have been asking since when we are going back. We had a Seagrape Suite, which was perfect for us as they open almost straight out onto the beach. This means you can paddle/swim and make sandcastles without having to lug a load of stuff from your room. The food in the restaurant was fabulous in my opinion, although my husband thought it was too fussy at times and the children's menu didn't change which was a shame (but having said that, they could order from the grown up one so that was fine). We were half board as we aren't big drinkers and I think that worked out best (we couldn't have eaten or drunk anything like enough to justify all inclusive !) My only gripe (which I did know about to be fair) was that as one of our daughters is under 5 we couldn't eat dinner in the main restaurant. I thought this would be fine, but its not really great when you are the only people not doing so !
The beach is lovely, the snorkelling good (better some days than others apparently) and the trip we did round the island on a dull day was very interesting. There isn't that much else to do however, so you need to be a beach/pool lover really. Our girls went to the kids club a few times which they enjoyed, although personally I would have liked a bit less Wii and a bit more getting out and about, but they liked it, so who am I to complain !
We all had a great holiday overal though and would recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Beach Hotel
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Orbitz so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.