We discovered this beach resort while trying to book a caribbean holiday with virgin holidays, we wanted an island that was going to have fairly good weather for the time of the year and less likely to be affected by the hurricane season being towards the end of October. We were very pleased with our choice, on arrival at the airport in Grenada we were met by the virgin rep, a very nice lady who had lived on the island for about 27 years named Joanna. She welcomed my wife and i arranged to meet up with us at the hotel the next day and put us in an air conditioned taxi to the resort which was about 10 mins away. Once we got to the resort everything was 1st class! from the bell hop to the receptionist who booked us in and arranged for our luggage to be taken to our suite as all the rooms were suites. Ours was a very large air conditioned room with what i believe was a queen sized bed, 2 reclining chairs and all the bedroom furniture you could need and yet still very spacious. The bathroom was something else, it was the size of a bedroom in some hotels! it had a large jacuzzi bath, a purpose built wet room which could easily take more than 2 people and a towelling area where one could hold a little soiree.
Breakfast was buffet style freshly baked pastries with some of the menu prepared to specification from the kitchen. Dinner was a la carte with 5 dishes of fine dining, we did not have lunch at the resort as we were on half board basis, the only criticism i have is that we had to pay for soft drinks that we had with our dinner, would have understood being charge for alcoholic drinks! Its probably best to go on an all inclusive basis if you were into drinking as you would get unlimited premium alcoholic beverages included in the package. In all though the holiday was not cheap, you get what you pay for! and this was a quality holiday at a top end resort.
PS: there were lots of activities that were available off the resort on the island that could be booked through sunsation which was affiliated with the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish