Or fourth visit to Spice Island, so you know we like it! On this visit we were impressed by how many others had stayed before, and how many "first timers" were already planning to come back.Why the popularity? I think there are four reasons
Position. From the hotel you step directly onto the two-and-a-half miles of Grande Anse Beach. In adition there are several gentle walks available from the hotel to places such as Quarentine Point and Mourne Rouge. Across the road is a shopping mall with a supermarket, a bank and a pharmacy in addition to smaller local shops. If you want to get to the capital, St Geoges, the number one bus takes you there from the road end.
The rooms. We stayed in a Seagrape Suite which has a bathroom with a jacuzzi bath and a shower, a large bedroom with lots of storage space, a lounge area with a TV and DVD player, a covered patio and an outside patio equipped with loungers and a hammock
The food. The food here has steadily improved over the years and is now first-class (though it's easy to eat too much). The house wines are better than they were, and the bar is well stoked and has good bar staff, The service in the restaurant is good.
The staff. As with any hotel the staff have an enormous importance when it comes to enjoyment.We found them welcoming and efficient, and it's probably noteable that several have been there since we first went in 2006. The Hopkins family, who own the hotel,are ever present, which ensures everone is on their toes.
Any drawbacks? The entertainment is of mixed quality, and if you want to be in the bar drinking noisily until the early hours of the morning this is not the place for you - the bar shuts at 11pm, and is often empty well before that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Re-Imagined. Owned and operated by Sir Royston Hopkin, KCMG and Family, this 64 suite Spice Island Beach Resort recreates its original elegance with a modern flair on Grenada’s breathtaking Grand Anse Beach. Sixteen hundred feet of powder white sand captivatingly frames 32 beachfront suites featuring indoor living rooms, breezy exterior terraces and private rock gardens. Graceful architecture complemented by new colours and exquisite furnishings make this award-winning resort even more exclusive. Presiding over these golden sands are the Cinnamon and Saffron Suites. Unmatched in elegance each of these One Bedroom Suites captures the spice scented breezes with lazy hammocks on private patios. Custom-furnished, and available as two bedrooms when booked with a Sea Grape Beach Suite, this is a beach lover’s dream. Seventeen additional pool suites have their own private swimming pools and gardens steps away from the ocean. The Royal Collection, Luxury Almond and Anthurium Pool suites are all private oasis that offer the guest an intimate experience like no other. All suites are equipped with modern luxuries like Flat Screen Televisions, Italian Frette™ Linen, Molton Brown® amenities and ensuite bathrooms featuring whirlpool tubs and double vanities it is little wonder that this tranquil haven continues to be a treasured secret amongst the travel elite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Spice Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Island Beach Hotel St. George`s
- Spice Island Grenada
- Hotel Spice Island Beach
- Spice Island Beach Resort Grenada/Saint George Parish