“Hate to say it....but it was average for me.” 3 of 5 stars

The Carenage. St. Georges, St. George's, Grenada
473 435 7058
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in St. George's
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view
Richmond, Virginia
“Hate to say it....but it was average for me.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

With it's reputation I would have thought an 8pm arrvial would have a lively crowd....but no one was there except for us.

The juice of the day was really good, but the food seemed just average. The banana dessert was an amateur display...w/ a half scoop of ice cream. I was really looking for a wow factor overall...but it didn't happen.

Nice view of the harbor.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Over-rated! (AND over-priced!)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Saw all the reviews and decided to stop in for lunch on the first day of our vacation to Grenada.
The restaurant was quiet and in the midst of a paint job, but we got seated right by the water, so no worries (The painters were working inside the restaurant).

Honestly, the food was just okay. I ordered fish and ratatouille, and my husband tried the mango shrimp. Came with red beans and rice. After all the great reviews, I was disappointed. The food just didn't taste that great. Perhaps I should have ordered the infamous Crabback? :)

Maybe the owners got complacent and aren't trying as hard as they used to?

There are definitely better restaurants in Grenada where the food is yummier and the value is great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
cambridge
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The location is superb and the view, if you get a bay view table, is incredible.

The restaurant is casual and fun with a warm welcome and great family service. The food is very good and the portion size is generous. The eponymous crabback is delicious, as was the goat curry I had. Couldn't really fault the food for proper Grenadian cuisine.

Perhaps a little too informal for an evening meal but great fun and tastes for a lunch whilst in St George's

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
hongkong
“Good carribean cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went there last night for dinner. Restaurant is just beside the sea.so you have a good view of the port.
The menu is not that extensive , we tried few carribean dishes, all of them are quite good with lots of spices ,although its a bit pricy,there are many guests signed their name in the ceiling and beams,
Service is attentive and warm,I asked the waiter their signature dish is crabback, I didn't try as the crab is a bit too small in my opinion.
Recommended for those while they are visiting st, George .

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fremont, Utah
“Really enjoyed our lunch here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were there for lunch -- the food was excellent with a ton of unique options I'd never had before. I loved the BB's Crabback appetizer and the rest of our meal was spot on too. The patio seating was great. We added our graffiti to the wall. A perfect island meal!

• Visited April 2013