“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lexus Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. George's
Lexus Inn
You added Lexus Inn to your Saves list
Belmont, St. George's 2222, Grenada   |
Ranked #14 of 19 St. George's B&B and Inns
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 10 days with a friend finishing up school on the island. The small apartment style rooms have a breathtaking view of the ocean, but there are some notable limitations - we never had hot water as for the first 5 days we were there the element was burnt in the tank and once repaired kept blowing the fuse if used while running the air conditioner (and not running the a/c was not an option!); no hot plate or microwave; no toilet paper provided; bathroom window was broken open so this made keeping the rest of the place cool a challenge.
The owner was very nice and apologetic but the wifi promised upon booking never worked the entire duration of our stay and the restaurant was almost never open.
I didn't have any issues with rodents or cockroaches, however if you didn't clean up leftover food properly ants were a problem.
For my first visit to Grenada I was a bit surprised that my friend, who had lived there for two years, had booked us here but after a few days it was obvious that this is not a place that caters to tourists and frankly, unless you are a certain level of wealthy and can afford a stay at a resort like the Spice Island Resort or Mt. Cinnamon, anywhere you rent short term at a rate this cheap (50$ USD/night) is going to have its limitations.

It's a beautiful island with a lovely locals. Depending on your travel style, you may have everything you need to enjoy yourself at this hotel. I think it's important for me to note that we had laptops, iPhones, etc among our baggage and nothing was stolen and we never once felt unsafe during our stay.

Rooms were cleaned three times a week and towels and sheets were also changed.

*N.B. When you arrive in Grenada you must give immigration the address where you are staying - the trick? There are no addresses in Grenada, you should be able to provide a hotel name or the name and town name of whoever you are staying with otherwise you may be denied entry (my friend forgot this and I had to wait until the entire plane was processed before going out to meet them with the customs officer to prove I wasn't lying).

Also, beware bringing in electronics like computers and iPhones, they may tax you to bring them into the country and it can get pricey.

• Stayed March 2013
mcferdows, General Manager at Lexus Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Customer(s):

As the new general manager for this business, I would like to say I am very sorry each of you have had a negative experience. People should be able to enjoy their trip and not deal with any of these problems.

Please note that during the last many years this property was RENTED to others since I was living and working in the US and was unable to manage the property myself.

Unfortunately, many of the comments are unfair in the sense that it talks about the owner while the owner was not on site and had rented the business. For example, in one comment it points out that the owner was always drinking and drunk while I don't even drink alcoholic beverages and I had rented this property at the time.

All excuses aside, from this point on I will be managing this property myself and will ensure these issues are eliminated. Please note that I have already taken a few steps to ensure the comfort and security of our guests. For example, I now have a security guard at this property and starting from 2014 I have staffed the office in a way that we can provide better service.

Owner & General Manager

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Fernando, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

1st night, a rat ran through the living room. you could imagine the commotion as we tried to kill this poor little animal ( where am from rats, cockroaches, mice are a no no)
There were no cooking utensils although a kiychette is part of the accomodation, no knives, bowls pots etc and also no gas for the stove
cockroaches in the closet, change of towel and cleaning of rooms only when requested

i would not recommend this place for its 70US per night price tag

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Customer,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any/all issues you have experienced. This property was leased and managed by others in the past. From this point on we will take responsibility and address and/all issues.

Grenada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went to Ocean Front restaurant for dinner .. service really needs improvement. Very disorganized. My father was let down three times. At the beginning the waitress told him that no wild meat was available, so he ordered something else. The waitress returned the second time to inform that the chef had just removed the meat from the freezer and it will take a while to grill. So in the end, this other lady came out (I assume she's the restaurant manager) and she told him what's there to offer ... and when she mentioned lambie, the waitress apparently never knew there was lambie available (communication was not present).

Dinner was enjoyable. I had chicken kebab with vegetable rice and salad. I also enjoyed the karaoke segment. A nice place to dine but their service really needs to be more organized.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PA, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Grenada still remains one of the most beautiful island of the Caribbean. I would encourage everyone to visit Grenada. Put it on one of your list of island to visit. BUT PLEASE DO NOT VISIT Lexus Inn Grenada.

Here is my story…. I was literally robbed while I was asleep in my room. YES someone took all my money from my bag while I was asleep in my room. When I told the manager about the problem the following day he said this kind of things don’t happen here. However, when I told the locals my story without mentioning where I encountered the problem, the first thing they ask me is if I was staying at the Lexus Inn. The local police also confirmed there was another incident the same night at Lexus Inn.

The manager showed no kind of remorse about the issue. I had to call the police myself. I had to file the report and management did not even bother giving any input.

Personally I believe this was an inside job done by someone with a key to the apartment. Here is why…the front door is at ground level and the back is 3 floors from the ground. There was no way someone could have climbed over the balcony to get in from the back. There was no sign of breaking and entering.

Worse yet management did not offer anything for my troubles.

Here is the foot note:

I am taking time to write this review because my story could have ended quite differently. Remember I was in my room asleep while someone was taking my money from my bag a few feet away.

Don’t stay at Lexus Inn Grenada not even overnight.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

There was a rowdy private party on when I arrived in the evening so no dinner service available. No breakfast the next morning either. The owner worked his way through wine and beer from morning until night, which may explain why the rooms are pretty bad - I should never have looked under the bed. The potential is there: super clifftop views over the ocean and lovely sunsets and room layout with kitchenette, dining area and balconies should work. But this place needs a facelift, some cleaning and new management badly - it wasn't even that cheap. The single saving grace was the friendly receptionist, Nympha, who tried to make things pleasant in difficult circumstances, recommending where I could eat, etc.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife and I arrived at the Lexus Inn at 6:00AM on a Friday morning. The office was closed and the manager was surprised to see us even though we made arrangements to come early. As he showed us the room he consistently apologized for several things. Wires were hanging from the ceiling and the place was dingy. Not all the lights worked and the key to the balcony door did not work (we had to figure out a makeshift way to lock it). The toilet was not cleaned and the bathroom door did not close. The manager told us that if we did not like the room we could have another one. Friday evening I realized that the room did not have hot water. Saturday AM I informed the front desk of the issue. They said that they would have it fixed. Saturday night we had no hot water and I asked for another room. They said that one was not available and I asked for a discount for the days without hot water. I was told that the manager was out of town and will not be back until we leave so a discount could not be authorized. The lady at the front desk then asked us if we wanted to pay our balance (we already paid for 2 nights). We left Sunday morning to avoid paying for more days without hot water. The place is in a nice location and has potential but needs a lot of work.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Lexus Inn? Share your experiences!