My boyfriend and I just recently stayed at the Grand Bahia Cayacoa in Samana Dominican Republic between May 24th - 31st, and we had an amazing stay!
To begin, Danny at the front desk was amazing in promptly setting us up with the perfect room. We stayed in room 210 (which he suggested) and it was central to all important locations, including the beach, the pool, the buffet, and the lobby. We had read reviews that there was to be lots of walking on this resort, but thanks to our room placement we never had to take the shuttle anywhere. Everything was in short walking distance! (By short I mean literally twenty steps). What's more, Danny was always happy to greet us in the morning, and help us with anything we needed - he was professional while maintaining a personable character, which I really appreciated.
I recommend this resort primarily for couples as the nightlife and "party atmosphere" wasn't extraordinarily prominent. We're young (22) so we were expecting some kind of party vibe at an all inclusive resort, but this is NOT that kind of resort. The pool area was quiet and relaxing, and the activities were fun but calm, mainly things like darts and mini-golf - not like the drinking games I've played at other resorts. Though it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, it was not a let down at all. We had an awesome time relaxing in the sun, playing ping-pong or volleyball, and just catching up on some R&R. Still a great time - just a different kind of vacation.
That being said, Manuel and Victor at the lobby bar KNOW how to party! They were so awesome at reading the vibe at the bar, and knowing how to pick us up! We spent a lot of time with two other couples who raved about these two and how they made the quiet lobby bar a place to party - they weren't kidding! These two were awesome! Samuel and Davison at the pool bar were much the same - very good at getting the party started in a quiet environment.
We had our photos professionally taken on the resort grounds and the beach, which was nice but a little time consuming (about an hour and a half). You don't have to pay for the service of taking the photos, that's free. You only pay for the photos you want and if you don't want any, you don't pay a cent! Take advantage of the service, but be aware of the amount of time it takes! Merlin took our photos and he was awesome (he studied photography in school and it shows). We got some beautiful shots. However, they are expensive (ten dollars a photo) and they will want to try and up-sell you. My advice, choose three to five nice photos. We also got to take a photo with a monkey (Louisa - the cutest creature ever). Do it and buy it! You don't get to hold a monkey every day!
Weather wise, we had been nervous about rain as the forecast had called for thunderstorms everyday. SUN SUN SUN SUN SUN every single day. It rained TWO out of the SEVEN days and only for 15 minutes each time! So pleasantly surprised.
Finally, the food. My boyfriend and I are both Italian, and we fit the stereotypical bill of hard to please food wise. We're spoiled at home with fresh cooked meals daily, so we were not expecting to be impressed by the food on the resort ... BUT WE WERE! The food in the buffet is excellent! Very tasty and always fresh. All three a la cartes were amazing! Including the Italian food! We were never disappointed or left hungry.
Overall this resort proved to be a scenic, relaxing, and beautiful place to stay. We had such an awesome time and it was greatly due to the amazing staff. We were asked if we would travel back again, and we undoubtably agreed that we would in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Chill Out zone 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana