Just returned from a fantastic 2 week break at this hotel, my girlfriend and I had the most amazing time. The setting and scenery is beautiful and immediately gets you into the mood for a relaxing enjoyable break. We were allocated a beach villa which was a nice surprise, there were 2 pools available and a bar which was more than adequate for the amount of people in the area. I notice a previous review that refers to these rooms as the '2000's rooms' and states that the need to take the shuttle everywhere. Firstly, the hill to the main building was not the mountain it has been described as, admittedly I did on occasion get the shuttle but that was mainly due to the laid back mood this beautiful place had transported me to rather than fear of heart attack!! Just to note, the shuttle bus literally arrives 2 minutes after asking the security guy to radio for it......hardly a significant inconvenience (if at all). The beach villas are great and the relaxed atmosphere around the pools proved the perfect place to enjoy a drink together and chat with other guests depending on your mood.
How anyone can complain about being located here is beyond me and we found that it was in fact the best place to be.
The staff throughout were very attentive and friendly, they really made everyone feel welcome and we were amazed at how hard everyone works, from the guy making omelettes at breakfast, to the gardeners and bar staff.
All in all we absolutely loved this hotel and the area, the 3 and a half hour transfer was a bit of a killer but well worth it! It came as no surprise to me to hear that a lot of people we spoke to had been to this hotel once or twice previously and had returned due to the high standards throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Chill Out zone 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana