It was expensive to get from the Santo Domingo airport to the hotel, but I'm glad we took a taxi service. I would have been scared to death and confused if we tried to rent a car ourselves. The hotel was very nice- great buffet. I didn't think the service in the Seafood Restaurant was very good. There aren't any heated spas, which I was kind of disappointed about. The hotel has reasonable prices for the souvenirs- I actually paid more when I went into town (and it was not worth the hassle of dealing with locals trying to walk us around!) Whale watching with Kim was incredible- very knowledgable and friendly. NOT a trip for anyone who gets sea sick/motion sickness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services Main pool with Jacuzzi surrounded by a sun terrace 3 beachside hydromassage tubs Loungers, sun umbrellas and towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Water activity centre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Wedding gazebo Buffet-style main restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Cocktail Lounge Chill Out zone 1 snack bar Sports facilities: gym Pueblo Principe: Shopping and Leisure Mall with local craft stores, live music, shows, stores, bars and disco. Rooms 295 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with Sea View, Superior Junior Suite and Club Golden Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Terrace WiFi (additional charge) Junior Suite: sitting area, sofa-bed and ironing set Club Golden Junior Suites (See page 18 Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Park Mini Club for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service (additional charge) Other services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Bus stop opposite the hotel Auditorium for corporate meetings Panoramic lifts Personalised menus (for celiacs, diabetics, etc.) Available on request Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa Samana