We stayed at Cayo Levantado (Villa 11 Room 104) for three weeks end of January into February.Yes the transfer is long, but there are enough reports on TA letting you know in advance and don't let that spoil your holiday. The roads are alot better than they were and enjoy them for what they are...three/four on a moped(that's just what they do, our record so far is three on a moped and a gas canister...take a photo and giggle).
Our room was beautiful, comfortable, clean, well maintained and with a lovely view. Also with the added bonus of being very quiet. The food was generally excellent and the staff service also very good. Special thanks to William and Pedro in the Animations team who gave Claire her Spanish lessons, she really enjoyed them. The Dominicans seem to have a fabulous knack of smiling all the time and it becomes infectious.... we are still smiling...so thank you. Alexis and Stephanie were always very friendly and pleasant and are very good at ensuring you have everything you want/need..so again thank you.
All of the staff were very good and very efficient which always helps add to the quality of your holiday. A real credit to the hotel.
If you are there between latter part of January and end of March the whale watching with Kim Baddell is wonderful we also did a trip with Thomson but they do not come close to the trips we did with Kim. Her professional and calm approach was unsurpassed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 6 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 209 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana