“Paradise island” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection

Save Saved
You added Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Isla de Cayo Levantado | Bahia de Samana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 57 hotels in Samana Province
“Paradise island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks over the new year which was an amazing night with great entertainment great food and flowing champagne ,the hotel is beautiful set in a gorgeous location with stunning beaches and warm clear water great for snorkelling which we did every day there's plenty to do with watersport activities tennis gym or you can just relax and soak up the views , the staff can't do enough for you always topping up drinks if you want it and always smiling if you want a fantastic place to holiday then book here it's that good we have booked our wedding here in April can't wait

• Stayed December 2012
Víctor L, Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Beaglesausage:

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Cayo Levantado. In the name of the Hotel Management, we want to thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel when choosing a place for your vacations.
We are very satisfied to read that we could ensure you again a wonderful holiday. As you have experienced in Bahia Principe we are committed to provide the best service and to be settled in one of the best paradises around the world.
We are already waiting for your next visit.
Kind regards,

2,689 people have reviewed this hotel

1927
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Polish first
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from this unique location and we can say that we have fully charged our batteries (till the next vacation in August :-))

I was there with my wife looking for a peaceful place to rest and nothing else. No other activities or excursions, we wanted just to rest on the beach or pools and we gladly did it.

The reviews were all true. Wonderful place with its very welcoming staff looking to accommodate you better.

We booked a junior suite (I was told that this kind of room is found only in the main building). We wanted a room in the villa 6 or 7 but for this we had to arrive first to see if there are available places (superior junior suites). We were very surprised to see that we got a room in the villa 6 with its beautiful view (we emailed in advance to Alexis – we didn’t have the possibility to meet him in person).
Thanks a lot for this Alexis and your team! The room, bathroom, balcony are huge and maintained clean every day.There was a small water leaking from the air conditioning in the first day which was immediately repaired.

The way to the buffets was very pleasant every day helping us to burn some calories (the restaurant buffet from the beach is closer due to the used shortcut).

The buffet was offering a good variety of tasty food, delicious fruits (the best mango I ever ate) and desserts. Also at the beach buffet you can find a lot of choices including grilled fish. We were only 1 time to Don Pablo restaurant and the served food was sufficient for the evening :-) (not needed to go to the buffet after).

The pools were very well kept and clean (we preferred the upper one in the afternoons which was the cleanest).

It rained almost every day but this was in the afternoons or during the nights and this was not a problem at all. it was humid in this period and preferred to use the A/C.

We were never bothered by the guys from Privilege club as I read many times they did to other guests.

We are so glad to choose this resort for the first trip to Dominican Republic and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MariusR:

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your experience at the Cayo Levantado Hotel. In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for you holidays.
We are very happy to read that you had a memorable stay thanks to the friendliness of our staff members, the beauty and the cleanness of our premises and facilities, and the good work of our staff. In Bahia Principe we are committed to ensure a memorable holiday to our beloved guest.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again. Please, do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
Sincerely yours,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

there isn't much else to say about this resort except fabulous I have just got home from my 4th time there this time I was there for my wedding everything was so perfect thanks to samona wedding coordinator it was a perfect wedding I would recommend this hotel to anyone there is some people who deserve a big hello, first of is walkie who works at the lobby bar who recognised us straight away it was just like going home the welcome we got from him then there is micky and Eduardo who would bring our drinks to us at night while we were just sitting out side and there was 19 people all together and they would all ways get the drinks correct I was in villa 7 and would like to thank are cleaner who always had a smile on his face and kept our room so clean the only thing really was they would run out of white wine and most of us woman drank only wine so some night we couldn't get a drink and the men would run out of there drinks like jack daniels and other shorts that they drank so if the hotel could order more than they think they need then this problem wouldn't happen but apart from this it really is my dream vacation and we will be back next June 2014 hope to still see Alexi there he is a very nice man who was even at the boat to wave us all off so to all my family at cayo levantado see you soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lesley-mo:

In the name of Bahia Principe Hotel Management, I would like to thank you for your loyalty when choosing a hotel for your holidays and for posting your experience.
In Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado we are committed to provide an excellent service through a high qualified team. I have shared your nice words with Eduardo, Mickey and Alexis, so they are very happy.
We hope to welcome you soon, please contact us before your arrival,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just returned, stayed between June 22nd & 29th. I knew it was going to be special the night I arrived when I was welcomed with a smile and a warm moist towel getting off the boat. A drink was handed to me as I entered the lobby and at 10PM a basket of fruit was delivered to my villa. This resort is nothing short of sensational. The grounds are immaculate. The gardens are amazing, everywhere you look is breathtaking. The staff work very hard to keep it that way, the people working there - all of them, are terrific at what they do. There are 2 main pool areas, both very different and both areas are amazing with amazing views, very relaxing and peaceful. They will even bring you drinks at pool side or beach side. And people, for heavens sake, give them a dollar tip or 50 pesos, it won't kill you. The hotel has a beautiful private beach with plenty of chairs all over the place, no rush to run down at 6AM to put your towels down. The public beach is also very beautiful and you can do some shopping at the same time while you are there. It's completely safe, I was there a couple of times, once at 6AM and once in the afternoon, worth a visit for sure. My villa was huge and spotless with a huge deck outside that had a table, chairs and a Jacuzzi tub. The inside also had a Jacuzzi tub, the room was clean and very pleasant although I pretty much just slept there. I was out at the crack of dawn pretty much taking pictures and remained outdoors as much as I could to enjoy the scenery. The food was excellent, no complaints. The chicken in the DR tastes so good compared to Canada. I could have eaten chicken & rice for 7 days and I think I might have? There is a special place in my heart for Orquídea and Armando who served me my afternoon and evening drinks all week. I love you guys, great service and great company you were both, thank you very much. I could go on and on here. Needless to say I will no doubt return, and this as soon as I possibly can. Wonderful job people. ALL of you, keep up the great work and I love to see those smiles. See you all soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Maestro2002:

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your experience at the Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel. In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel while choosing a place to enjoy your holidays.
It is a satisfaction for us to acknowledge that you had a wonderful visit to our hotel facilities thanks to the friendliness of our staff members and the variety of our gastronomy and beverages. In Bahia Principe those aspects are part of our main target, and we work hard to turn them into our strengths. We appreciate your nice words about Armando; we have shared your comments with them.
We are looking forward to welcome you next time, please contact us before your arrival.
Sincerely yours,
rct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It has been 2 years since my family and I (8 adults 1 child) stayed at this wonderful hotel. Although we've toure North ans South America, Asia, The Carribbean and Europe, I had never had the yearning to return to any one particular place until I went to Cayo Levantado. The rooms, the attitudes of every member of staff, every facility, the location---- excellent!!!
I am very disappointed that this year it is 'Adults Only' for now as a family we are being deprived. I hope that the hotel will change its ideas soon, because we all want to return as a family.
congratulations to every member of staff,
Gillian Edwards

I could not choose the year 2011 because it was not within your choice range, maybe you could allow people to record each of their past holidays

Room Tip: We had the superior suites
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Víctor L, Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear gemini25551:

I have shared your comments related to become in an only adults hotel with our sales department.
In case you decide to repeat with us I recomend you Grand Bahía Príncipe Portillo 5* in Las Terrenas desigend for families or Luxury Bahía Príncipe Esmeralda 5*GL in Punta Cana.
In case Bahía Príncipe decides to allow children in the hotel, we will let you know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent 2 weeks here and we couldn't of asked for anything more perfect. We got married on the beach in the gazebo, the weather was perfect and there was a slight breeze which cooled us down. Simona our wedding co-ordinator did a fantastic job, we had an amazing day. Lots of yummy champagne and the photographer got some great shots. The hotel, grounds and villas were lovely and kept clean and tidy. The food was lovely and the service exceptional (we'd like to mention Miguel who was fantastic) and we mostly enjoyed the Don Pablo restaurant which is where we also had our wedding dinner. The beach was gorgeous as were the pools peaceful and clean. Walky who works in the lobby bar was great fun and really friendly,we enjoyed a few afternoons trying out the cocktails with him and loved it. What a great guy :-) We only spent 2 weeks here but could have easily stayed for another 2, we were sad to leave. We 100% recommend here and we're definatly going to re-book to come back. Thank you for a great time

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jodi G:

I would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Cayo Levantado Hotel. In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your wedding; we congratulate you and wish you the best.
We are very happy to read that this memorable occasion was very special as it is supposed to be. In Bahia Principe Hotels one of our guiding principles is to serve a unique gastronomy.
We will be happy to celebrate with you your first anniversary, please write us a mail before your arrival,
With kindest regards,
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have to emphasize that this place made me realize it really depends on your vacation style and that the little things really matter. If you are anything like my boyfriend and I in that you like to sleep in and relax, not keep up to scheduled times on your own vacation (after all, you're paying the resort, the staff should work their times around YOU), this place probably isn't for you.

Don't get me wrong, the island was beautiful and very well maintained. Lovely beaches both private and public. The food was good and rooms are very nice and clean. Even the television channel selection was good for those days that are rainy or nights you wish to spend indoors relaxing.

In terms of food quality, cleanliness , rooms it definitely is a 5 star resort. However, we found it was the little things, particularly compared to another 5 star resort we were recently at, that really makes a difference in the type of vacation you're looking for.

Whereas the other resort we had recently stayed at did not require food reservations and there was always at least 1 restaurant open in all hours of the day, this place only offered a buffet for breakfast and lunch, which btw were only in time intervals. So if you missed breakfast because you wanted to sleep in and relax in the mornings, you had to make sure you caught the lunch interval which was only 1pm to 3pm.

And if you missed that, and couldn`t wait until dinner at 7pm, room service selection wasn`t that impressive, especially the late night menu. Also, when we did order, it took them over an hour and half despite the stated time frame of 45 minutes.

Furthermore, it was another chore to make reservations at the only other 3 restaurants that were only available for dinner, and those places only allowed you to order 1 serving of each course. This was so unlike the other all inclusive 5-star resort we were at, and that place had less rooms than this one and 7 restaurants which you could order unlimited food.

In addition, towel service at the beach would run out by 1pm or 2pm... those are still prime times for people to come to the beach! Also, during the day, the public beach charged for any drinks you wanted until 11pm. The bar at the lobby closed at 11pm. So we were told most people had drinks in the lobby until 11pm and would go to the public beach afterwards if they wanted drinks. It was all just a lot of rules (albeit they were small considerations) but still... this is supposed to be a vacation, not a chore.

We certainly made the most of our vacation and we certainly enjoyed our time here. I still would recommend this place but I just emphasize that these little things you should consider if you think they would make your stay a bit more inconvenient against your vacation style before you just make a booking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tamychen:

In the name of Bahia Principe Hotel Management, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your holidays and to have posted your experience.
It has been a shame to not reach your expectations with the meal timetable. We hve noticed your comments to our Headquarter.
In case you decide to come back, please contact us before your arrival, and you will see our capacity of becoming better.
With best regards,

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!