We stayed here from Jan. 5th-12th and had an amazing and very relaxing time! One week was definitely not long enough! We stayed in villa 12, which we had received an upgrade to (Thank you Alexis!) and were very impressed, the views from our balcony were beautiful and the rooms are Huge! The grounds are Very well kept and are beautiful. The main building, the villas and all the areas of the resort are very well kept and everything is spotless. There was never a lack of chairs by the pools or beach (even at the public beach there are tons) and there are plenty of towels available to pick up whenever you want a fresh one.
The private beach and both pools have wonderful service – Although all of the servers were great, Miguel and Fernando (at the beach) and Luis (pool bar) really stood out! You never have to get up to get a drink as they were there with another before you even had to ask.
The public beach is also really nice; we went in the morning once and again another day in the afternoon. It is busier in the afternoon (some days) as cruise ships port nearby. There are lots of little restaurants to grab a drink or some food (not included) and there are also some shops. FYI – some of the items offered in the shop are cheaper, even with bartering, at the shops in the resort.
We tried all 3 of the a la cartes, which you can book between 9-5, once you arrive – for the whole week – no getting up early each day to reserve a table for that evening! Our favourite was the Mediterranean restaurant. All three had wonderful service and a lot of entrée choices. The rest of our time here we ate at the buffet which has a different theme every night and there are always lots of choices. There is also a smaller buffet, near the beach, available for lunch.
There is nightly entertainment, which was entertaining! Don’t expect a broadway show, but they work hard to put on the performance and we found it entertaining.
We have both been to a fair amount of resorts and found the service here to be excellent; the best we have had in any resort! The staff here are absolutely wonderful. We did not encounter anyone on the staff who didn’t speak some English, but feel that when you go to another country you should at least attempt some words in the language spoken there (it’s appreciated by the staff and a good way to learn a few new words/phrases!)
We would highly recommend this resort and wouldn’t hesitate to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 pools 3 Jacuzzis with bar Large sun terrace and gardens with loungers and sun umbrellas Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 1 tennis court Motorised water sports (additional charge) Store Heliport WiFi access in the lobby (free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Main buffet-style restaurant and 3 speciality restaurants 6 Bars Cocktail Lounge Snack-bar Wedding gazebo Rooms 209 rooms including 5 types Superior, Junior Suite, Superior Junior Suite, Deluxe Junior Suite and Beach Villas. Superior Junior Suites, Deluxe Junior Suites and Beach Villas are larger than the Junior Suite and Superior. Room facilities: King size four poster bed Air conditioning Ceiling fan Sitting area with desk Balcony or terrace Fully-equipped marble bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, separate shower, bidet, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Telephone in bathroom Don Pablo Collection amenities Bathrobe and slippers Radio alarm clock with iPod docking station Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen satellite TV Safe Mini-bar with alcoholic drinks Wifi Coffee-making facilities Ironing set 24 hour room service Evening downturn service Outdoor Jacuzzi (Deluxe Junior Suites) Butler service Pillow menu Aroma menu Beach Villas: Seafront location with outdoor Jacuzzi, pillow menu available on request, baggage unpacking and ironing service, laundry service (optional) Other services Medical and pharmacy service (additional charge for both) Stores in the hotel Heliport and private boat (available on request for an additional charge) Mainland reception and transfer by boat (included in the booking fee) Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel
- Cayo Levantado Samana
- Cayo Levantado Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
- Cayo Levantado Hotel Samana