“Third visit and even better” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection

You added Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection to your Saves list
Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Isla de Cayo Levantado | Bahia de Samana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #1 of 57 Hotels in Samana Province
Montreal, Canada
“Third visit and even better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We traveled to Cayo Levantado for our third time from November 22 to December 13
And the level of service and friendliness of the staff are still very much exceptional
We were very happy so see some of the same staff has previous years …and for them to recognize us made our Holiday very special. Made us feel like we were part of their family and at home
We had a small problem with our room upon arriving but the next day Frantz moved us in Villa 11 and that was perfect Thank you Frantz

This year we had Alexis ( Management assistant ) very visible, walking around every day always checking to make sure you were enjoying your holiday. He is a lovely person to talk and to ask questions because he is very knowledgeable about everything. He found many ways to accommodate us with some of our requests
He says he just loves his job and it shows
Thank you so very much for everything Alexis

The staff working at this resort will try to resolve any problem that you could have…and then some…
Many other resorts could learn from Cayo Levantado. The staff and management’s take pride to really to make us happy

We travel 2 to 3 times a year and usually we do not go back to the same places but for Cayo Levantado is an exception so we keep coming back to this well maintained hotel and gardens, beautiful island and rooms... 5 * PARADISE !!!

Special thank you to Jose-Luis, Augustin, Eduardo and Elias that offer outstanding professional service at the restaurants and buffet
We found this year that the food was even better than previous years
The staff and management are really customer focus and they are real professional at what they do

Would like to thank Walky at the lobby bar always ready to serve us with a smile
We got great service at the main buffet by Bernardina ( efficient and fast little waitress)
We also got great service at the beach buffet by Rosario (she is a hard and devoted waitress )
And also thank you to Miguel at the beach bar / towels/pool …what a lovely person always ready to serve people with a big smile

Thank you to all the staff at the " Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado" !!!

Hope to see you soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Víctor L, Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear joseguin:

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your stay at the Cayo Levantado. In the name of the Hotel Management, we want to thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel when choosing a place for your vacations.
We are very satisfied to read that we could ensure you again a wonderful holiday. As you have experienced trhee times in Bahia Principe we are committed to provide the best service, to offer a nice product, and to be settled in one of the best paradises around the world.
We are already waiting for your next visit.
Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
  • Polish first
Abergele, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed at this hotel over Christmas , everything has been said before , location,food,service,staff they are all excellent ( except maybe the Italian restaurant , what's going on with the food in there) we travel the world extensively staying in all sorts of accommodation and never write reviews but I felt I had to , for an all inclusive this is by far the best we have stayed in for the price,do not hesitate booking this hotel you will not regret it. I just have one warning regarding the timeshare salesmen who wait in the lobby offering free gifts from the hotel which turns into a sales pitch , so beware.Other than that perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Víctor L, Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Lexusrx:

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your experience at the Cayo Levantado Hotel. In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for you holidays.
We are very happy to read that you had a memorable stay thanks to the friendliness of our staff members, the beauty and the cleanness of our premises and facilities, and the good work of our staff. In Bahia Principe we are committed to ensure a memorable holiday to our beloved guest. On the other hand, I have shared your suggestions and comments with our headquarter related to the salesman.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again. Please, do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having traveled to many all-inclusive destinations some of which are in other parts of the Dominican Republic, GBP @ Cayo Levantado far exceeded our expectations ! The experience was completely relaxing. The service was exemplary, the food was spectacular for an "all-inclusive", the staff was friendly and very helpful. The Junior suite was spacious, clean and
well appointed. Pools are clean, beaches are decent and there was no feeling of crowding.
They say the hotel was 100% booked yet you would never know it. Hats off to Alexis ( Head of concierge), who was omnipresent with a smile and kind words to share. Hello to Tony (Food and Bev. Manager) and Elias who worked tirelessly in the main dining room. Thanks to Manuel (Head Chef) for his tasty creations. For those who are wondering about specialty restaurants, Don Pablo is a must ! Needless to say there are many options for your vacation dollar,we will be returning to Cayo Levantado SOON ! GO, ENJOY, you won't be disappointed.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Snownobueno:

I would like to thank you for writing a review about your experience at the Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Hotel. In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel while choosing a place to enjoy your holidays.
It is a satisfaction for us to acknowledge that you had a wonderful visit to our hotel facilities thanks to the friendliness of our staff members and the variety of our gastronomy and beverages. In Bahia Principe those aspects are part of our main target, and we work hard to turn them into our strengths. We appreciate your nice words about Alexis, Tony, Elias and Manuel our Cheff; we have shared your comments with them.
We are looking forward to welcome you next time, please contact us before your arrival.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We decided to go to Cayo Levantado for our honeymoon because we were looking for complete relaxation and luxury, and we certainly got it with this hotel. Despite all of the fantastic reviews and beautiful pics on the website, I was still slightly apprehensive about what it would be like when we got there, but my doubts were completely blown away when we arrived - from the instant we arrived at the mini reception everything was so much better than I could have imagined, and my worries just melted away.

Arrival

We arrived late (at midnight) due to a 3-hour delay in London, but the check-in was very quick and smooth with our rooms already allocated – all we had to do was collect our wristband and complete a short form while they transferred our bags from the coach to the boat.

Once we got to the island, the hotel had kindly laid out a small buffet for us so that we could get a drink and bite of supper if we wanted to (it normally closes at 10.30pm). We then hopped in the golf buggy to take us to our room (6104 in villa 6) where the driver carried our bags into the room.

Room

The rest of our stay certainly lived up to the first impressions... the room was gorgeous, with an extremely spacious and comfortable bed. Brits note - when it says kingsize, this is not UK kingsize... it's between a UK super kingsize and emperor (6ft 6in). It was completely worth paying extra for the Junior Suite Superior upgrade, to get the enormous terrace with comfortable seating, huge room and additional seating inside, guaranteed shared bed not separate etc.

The maid service was really good if a little random (mini bar not always fully stocked, sometimes a night-time chocolate, sometimes not etc) but saying that, she did come three times a day so it's not a big gripe!! I really appreciated the evening towel change service so that we would have a fresh dry towel for the morning after a pre-dinner shower, as they didn't dry with the A/C on.

The buffet food was excellent quality and there was a huge range of options. There were never any queues and anything running low or empty was replenished very promptly. I have to say massive thanks to Manuel the Executive Chef who came out and told me what options were gluten free, and even cooked me mussels specially on my first night & offered the same service for any other meal. As it turned out, I didn't need it as I could work out from what he told me that 90% of the foods most nights were gluten free anyway which was a big relief!

I have to also thank the chef, although I didn't get his name unfortunately, who cooked me shrimps and vegetables specially on the Oriental night - the only night not good for people with coeliac disease!! They were not only enormous, but also beautifully cooked and absolutely delicious.

We actually decided not to make any a la carte reservations in our second week because we
preferred not to be tied to a specific mealtime and the buffet was so good in its own right.

The three a la carte restaurants were all lovely as well - I recommend Don Pablo, which had a really special, relaxed & romantic feel about it. My favourite a la carte meal was also from that restaurant, the Prince & Princesa - steak and lobster. Service was excellent in all three restaurants although I found it a little funny that in Mediterraneo and Portofino I could talk to the waiting staff and agree on my gluten free options, however in the higher-class Don Pablo I was given no options for soup, starter or dessert and told "we will bring you something gluten free"!

The only negative things I experienced about the waiting staff was that I really felt as if some of them were angling for tips the later it became in our stay. Most of the Americans and Canadians were tipping for every drink, and not discreetly either, which is spoiling it for people who might want to just tip at the end of their stay, or for the very best service as we do. Also for some staff who are beginning to expect a tip every time, it seems. I expected better from a company that advertises that all local tips are included on its own website.

On the other end of the attentiveness spectrum, the staff have obviously been trained to clear away plates as quickly as possible, but this means they always remove an empty plate even when other diners haven't finished - very poor etiquette. They were so keen that on a number of occasions, they would ask if I was finished and try to take my plate while I was still chewing my last mouthful, or had put my cutlery down (angled to show I wasn't finished) to take a drink. This became very very annoying and I hope the management take this on board so it doesn't happen on our next trip!

Because, despite the niggles above, we had the best holiday we have ever been on, and we even signed up to the Privilege Club as we’ll definitely be returning, especially once First Choice start flying into Samana airport. The weather was beautifully warm, the beaches are lovely, we never had a problem getting a lounger on the beach or by any of the pools, the quality & range of food and drinks was unbelievable for all inclusive. I was really impressed by the international drinks brands that were included: 5 or 6 brands of vodka, Drambuie, Disaronno, half a dozen rums including premium Bacardis, etc etc. We really felt that we had not paid enough for the quality and service that we found on this holiday.

The staff that we encountered - reception, bellboys, waiters, maids, entertainment staff etc were on the whole extremely helpful and lovely, with a few special characters who made us smile. We loved the beach and poolside waiter service from the bars, and the hotel facilities & grounds were top class.

I particularly enjoyed the comfortable loungers under the gazebos at the quiet pool, which was the ultimate in relaxation for me. I don’t know why the BP website says they provide “Towels for the pool the day of your arrival” – all towels are provided so don’t make the same mistake as us & take a heavy beach towel each!!

Being on the island gave the resort a really special ‘exclusive’ desert island feel, and I can’t wait until we get the chance to go back. Unlike loveshotsunnydays, we didn't get any special treatment for being on honeymoon (we also met other guests who had also been given a bottle of cava in their minibar, which would have been nice), but hopefully we will do as Privilege club members!

Room Tip: All rooms in villa 6 are junior suite superiors with a full sea view, and are not far from the main...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Víctor L, Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Catriona R:

We are very happy to read that you had a memorable stay in your honeymoon,thanks to the friendliness of our staff members, the beauty and the cleanness of our premises and facilities, the good work of our staff. In Bahia Principe Hotels one of our guiding principles is to serve a unique gastronomy. we are committed to ensure a memorable holiday to our beloved guest. On the other hand, I have shared your suggestions and comments with our Food and Beverages Manager to avoid disgusting situations in the future and to improve our standards.
We have shared your nice words with Manuel aour executive cheff and he is very glad you have been satisfied.
Heathfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If your getting married look no further for your honeymoon. If its peace and tranquility in paradise this place has it all. Beautiful maintained gardens, picturesque sunrises and sunsets, lovely beaches, very friendly and helpful staff, great choice of food. Everything truly is 5*+.
We received a very warm welcome and also a warm farewell. Special thanks to Alexis, always had a cheery word and made sure you were getting the most from your stay, also Edward in the restaurant and Martin at the beach, the service we received especially from you guys really made our break complete.

Room Tip: Junior suite excellent furnishings and very peacefull
Dear 526 Pauls:

I would like to thank for writing a comment on Tripadvisor about your experience at Cayo Levantado Hotel. In the name of the Hotel Management, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your honeymoon; we congratulate you and wish you the best.
We are very happy to read that this memorable occasion was very special as it is supposed to be. In Bahia Principe Hotels one of our guiding principles is to serve a unique gastronomy.
We will be happy to celebrate with you your first anniversary, please write us a mail before your arrival,
With kindest regards,
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a wonderful and relaxing vacation here at the resort. We stayed December 6- 13th 2013. We had private transportation from the airport to the hotel.

Our room (3102) was beautiful and spacious. We had a beautiful view as well. The service was excellent. The people were so nice and friendly. Would gladly go back to this resort.

I sent an email prior to our arrival. I had sprained my ankle a few weeks before and asked if our our room could be close to the main building. They were able to accomadate all of my requests. Hope to return next year.
Thanks Alexis Estruga Gimeno & staff
Danielle and Pierre

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Víctor L, Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Danielle P:

Port Hope, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Only have one thing to say... is... this place is PARADISE!!!!!!!!!! We have been to the Dominican many, many times and this Resort is by far the best! The accomadations, the staff, the scenery, the location, the food, the drink are all top notch!

Room Tip: Choose to stay in a villa rather than the main building...the veiws are spectactular!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Víctor L, Manager at Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Brenda R:
In the name of Bahia Principe Hotel Management, I would like to thank you for your loyalty When choosing a hotel for your holidays and for posting your experience.
In Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado we are Committed to Provide an excellent service through a high qualified team. We hope to welcome you soon, please contact us before your arrival,
With best regards,

Been to Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection? Share your experiences!