“Great Resort, Excelent Service” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Grand Bahia Principe Premier to your Saves list
Grand Bahia Principe Premier
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Crta. Arena Gorda-Macao, Seccion Baigua-Higuey | Playa Bavaro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Ranked #39 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Kingston, Canada
“Great Resort, Excelent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed in the Premier area on our first visit to this resort(Jan 2006) and wanted to stay there again, but our booking agent only had the Bavaro in their offerings, so at check in we asked if we could change our booking to the Premier. When the clerk, at the Bavaro front desk, heard that we had stayed at the resort before he immediately changed our wrist bands to ones that indicated that we were repeat customers and said, if we would wait until later in the afternoon, they would find us a room in the Premier area. We agreed to wait and had lunch in the buffet.

That evening we found that the Premier buffet was very crowded and the lobby had been set up for Russian vacationers who were in the majority staying in that area. For the rest of our stay we used Bavaro buffet and lounge where the the servers came to know us and gave us royal treatment. In the lounge Ana and her girls made sure we were well looked after. Some of the girls serving us were Udelki, Maira, Yaritza, Brenda, Berkis, Joana, Carmen and Gilda, The staff in the buffet(we did not get all of their names) always ensured we had a nice table and saw to our needs.

Our suite in building 41 was always kept clean and tidy and the maids provided us with different decorations each day. Even Santos, their support man became very friendly and helped the maids to make our stay very enjoyable.

In all we had an excellent vacation so we have decided to return with our family. We have booked four suites and will be arriving with the West Jet flight out of Toronto on the 28th of April 2013. Again our agent does not offer Premier area so it would be great if could get four suites together on the second or third floor of a building near 41.

We are looking forward to seeing all our friends at Gran Bahia Principe.

Sincerely;

Margot and Lou
Kreamer

Room Tip: If you can afford Esmeralda or Ambar(adults only) they are the latest additions. After that the Haci...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Premier, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Margot and Lou,

As a repeater client your opinion is very important to us. It represents a challenge, an opportunity to improve our services, and maintain the magic that makes our dear customers choose for their holiday destination this paradise called Dominican Republic.

You are welcome to contact us for your next visit with your family to our Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Resort in order to prepare all the details to provide you an unforgettable experience.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Warm greetings,

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at grand bahia principe premiere resort from April 8 to April 15. It started off a little rocky but met our expectations mid trip. Here is my honest review as follows.
Staff:
Staff at front desk were terrible and I am a pretty easy going person. Check in was disorganized and we were shuffled around. We booked with apple vacations so we had a separate check in and rooms were not ready until 4 30 or so.
Waiters bar staff maides and everyone else were amazing! Especially our maid in building 53. Our card wasn't working to turn on power so we called down and nobody showed up so I went to lobby. They were rude and tolde to go to our roomm and call. I was not impressed. Make sure you shut patio door too or air will not work. Place a plastic card behind door to keep power on while you are put because you only get 2 keys. Eventually they sent 2 people up to our room.
Food:
Food was alright for all inclusive resort. Romaine lettuce is hard to come by for salads, but everyday is a different theme and breakfasts were my favorite part. We ate in premiere las dalias restaurant for most meals but they have a snack bar with buffet and you can order off the menu as well. We booked our al a cartes by email one week prior so we were able to eat at steak( garden grill) , Japanese, and seafood( Mediterranean ) . I would advise emailing prior to book as they fill up quick. Steak and seafood were good.
Pools and beach:
We liked the pool in premiere but we also tried pool by the beach( too busy). Pools and beach were really clean, go early to reserve chairs with shade. The beach is beautiful, very rough and crowded. We went really early one day just to check it out but we prefer the pools.
Grounds and rooms:
Grounds were manicured daily and he staff is always working hard, and compared to other resorts grounds are beautiful. This place is HUGE, so be prepared to walk or take trollies which come around every 5 min. I was lost the first day. I enjoyed the variety of the landscapes and lobbies. We hung out in bavaro and premiere lobbies before shows and brought some games to play. We bought a wifi card 7 days for 45 bucks. It is worth it if you want to surf in room or at pools. Don't loose card because u will need to log on every couple hours on aptilo wireless. Free wifi in lobby too. Rooms are dated but served the purpose. There was only 2 plugs and it was low lighting. There are plenty of shops in bavaro but we bargained and gave half of what they asked.
Overall we had a good time and would return. If you have kids this place has a great waterpark !

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.

We also are very pleased you enjoyed the all-inclusive program which includes a wide range of food and beverages.

It’s our sincere hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future in any of our Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Regards from Dominican Republic,

Spring Lake, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at Gran Bahia Premier from April 1-8, 2013. The resort is absolutely beautiful and so well maintained. Rooms were very clean and updated and cleaned every day, please leave a tip daily as the maids work very hard for very little pay. We went to the beach and beach pool every day, that's where all the action is and afternoon entertainment. We loved our bartenders down there, especially German! We took very good care of them and they showed much appreciation and treated us like royalty, our frozen drinks were made special with fresh fruit. Same as the maids, these guys work hard and don't get paid a lot of money so be generous, trust me it goes a long way! Tip: bring large cups with you, as the drinks are served in small cups and you will need to refill quickly. Pedro, in guest services was great in helping us get dinner reservations at places that were booked.....once again a tip goes a long way! Buffets were very good, different dinner themes every night, we loved Sante Fe for dinner and also Garden Grill (Steak House). The Italian restaurant was just ok, not what we are used to when going to Italian restaurant. We couldn't wait to go to Japanese and have Hibachi but was disappointed, not nearly as good as what we are used to at home. The only negative comment I have is that the resort is too big and didn't like having to take the shuttle every where, especially to the beach. I would have rather giving up a little bit of the luxury of Premier to be closer to the beach. We took our sons (12 and 15) Zip Lining and they loved it, my husband also took them on 1/2 day Deep Sea Fishing trip but unfortunately it was very rough and they got seasick but they still said it was a great day! I had a massage at the spa and it was wonderful, I highly recommend one. We will definitely be returning to see our new friends at Gran Bahia!!

Room Tip: Request to be close to the beach if you want to be by the day action, taking the shuttle is a pain i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Premier, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Jenn,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor and for mentioning our absolutely beautiful premises, very clean rooms and good buffets. It is delightful to read that you enjoyed a great vacation in our Grand Bahia Principe Premier and to know that you acknowledge the service provided by German and Pedro.

You are welcome to contact us for your next visit.

Regards from Punta Cana!

Oka, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent a week (March 31-April 6, 2013) at The Gran Bahia Premier resort. I wasn't quite sure at first which hotel I wanted to be at, there are 5 hotels on the resort...Do I upgrade to Royal Golden ? to I go closer to the Beach ? do I go to Ambar ? I wasn't quite sure...I decided to stay and I was quite satisfied..there are a total of 6000 people on the resort ..HUGE ! but every hotel has it's own pool, and buffet..It all made sense ...The rooms are spotless, the towels and sheets are changed everyday ! they have a very hard working professional staff...when it comes to tips it is all up to you BUT think of this... they make 0.40 cents and hour, they work 16 hour days, they work for 15 days straight and get 3 days off...the evening shows are excellent ! the best one for me is the Michael Jackson Show on monday night it is Fantastic ! the food is quite good at the buffet and at the A La carte restaurants.

Room Tip: all rooms are basically the same it all depends on how close you would like to be to the beach
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Premier, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention your comments about your stay in our Hotel, and for mentioning our well-kept premises, very hard working professional staff, excellent Michael Jackson show, and good food.

We hope to cater you once again at Grand Bahia Principe Premier to experience the hospitality of our people, the quality of our services and facilities.

Best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro March 29 - April 4, 2013
I came here with my adult daughter after she had been doing volunteer work in the western side of the country for two months (Barahona). Started off with not so good weather. Checked into the room and saw one bed for both of us (didn't expect to see that). It was late so decided not to change and wait until the morning. The next morning went to the front desk to see about changing rooms and was told to come back at 1:00. We were down at the beach at 1:00 and so I was late going back to the front desk and was told that there was no room available and to come back tomorrow so had to sleep on the couch a second night at prices that should have been given better treatment. The next day when I was sure to be at the front desk on time I could tell that there was some confusion about me needing to change rooms and was rushed to a new room before the cleaning lady was even finished (bed not made, floors still wet, and bathroom not clean) they had us wait in the lobby at the premiere section until we were able to go into the room. After that, realized that the section we were at (Premier in the front of the resort) was seldom driven to and even less often to our room beyond the lobby. That being said after a few days for reasons out of the resorts control I fell and sprained my ankle and was not ever driven to my section of the resort even with a sprained ankle. Made me feel like a second class citizen. They did make up some for the less than great service by upgrading my buffet selection from only at the Premier section to include the Bavaro and Punta Cana sections of the resort. I would highly recommend that they have more areas marked to be careful where you step because my sprained ankle happened because of having to step up into a truck were there was uneven ground and my ankle slipped because of the unevenness of the road, the section where water runs, and the sidewalk near the front lobby. If someone really wanted to they could sue the company for failure to clearly mark areas.
Aside from those negative comments as to the grounds, they were very nice and well maintained. The three buffet areas were nice and good food only negative thing was, needing to look in the morning for bananas. I was not informed before getting to the resort that the a la carte restaurants were booked early and so we didn't have ideal times for the three places we did go to but it was very good food when we did go. I would recommend to reserve them before you arrive.
As to the beach we had gone a few years ago to Punta Cana and I thought the sand was much more of a white color sand were we stayed and this time the sand was more like a tan color for this resort. It was well maintained with plenty of chairs on the beach but had to search for chairs near the pool close to the beach.
As to the room, it was nice after we did receive the correct one. And the common areas are very nice.
One other thing that should be considered in the price for your stay should be a free shuttle service to and from the airport (PUJ). That was one more added cost I wasn't expecting to pay.

Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Please allow us to inform you that whenever any inconvenience happens to any of our guests, our Guest Service department gets in touch with him/her in order to assist them and reiterate ourselves at their disposal for anything they may need. In this case, we would like to present our most sincere apologies for the situation experienced.

Kindest regards,

Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Bavaro section from March 2o to March 30. The resort, the grounds, the pool and beach are immaculate and the service at the buffet and pool were excellent. I did take a bad fall and want to thank Sergio Bustomonte and Pedro Perez for coming to my aid. They took me to the resort doctor for bandaging and it was suggested that I go to the hospital for xrays. I did not want to leave the resort but Sergio assured me that Pedro would go with us and stay with us. Pedro was wonderful. He made us feel at ease and was so caring. Sergio and Pedro also made arrangements to move us to the first floor without us asking. Pedro kept calling and checking to see how I was doing. Pedro is a great man who I will always be grateful to. I also want to thank the girls in public relations - Premier. They were very helpful. An extra thank you to Noemi Lorenzo who answered all our questions and concerns. She is a very nice sweet girl and very kind. We hope to visit Gran Bahia again to enjoy another vacation (without a fall) and to visit with our new friends who we will never forget - Sergio, Pedro and Noemi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel and for acknowledging Sergio, Pedro and Noemi. They will be motivated with such nice comments and to know that they created a difference in a guest experience.

Please feel free to contact us for a future stay in order to prepare all the details before arrival, and make your next visit the most unforgettable experience in the Caribbean.

Warm greetings,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro in the premier Junior Suite.The place is so big.
The suites were big with nice batherooms and very clean. The premier section is next to the entrance of the resort furthest from the beach but closest to the Mini Golf and Aqua Parc.The Aquaparc is great for the kids.There are trolleys available regularly to go to the lobby the buffet and the beach. The buffet was different everyday and the variety of food available excellent.
The staff on the resort are friendly and very helpful.The nightly shows were of a very high standard
We had a great time at The Grand Bahia Principe. If you don't mind being far from the beach and are travelling with children the Premier Section is great.

Room Tip: The room in the Villas 52 and 53 are closest to the Aquaparc. Rooms on the ground floor are great if...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Customer Servic... B, Customer Service at Grand Bahia Principe Premier, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your holidays thanks to our rich gastronomy as well as the good service from our employees. At Bahia Principe our goal is to make your stay become an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for your comments and looking forward to seeing you soon in our Grand Bahia Principe Premier!

Best regards,

Grand Bahía Príncipe Bávaro Resort

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Premier? Share your experiences!