My friend and I stayed in the Premier and we were really nervous because of all the bad reviews. I had nothing to worry about. I just want to say that overall the hotel was wonderful. I understand why some people had their issues, but it really was a wonderful and relaxing vacation. I would go back in a heartbeat.
The grounds were so beautiful and clean. The staff there worked very hard to keep it that way. With 7,000 people at the entire resort, you would be surprised how well it was maintained. We were nervous because of high season, but being at the premier felt like it was our own private resort. We never had a hard time finding a spot by the pool. We had a lovely lobby that we hung out in everyday and everything was so close! After checking out all the sections, we concluded that the Premier really was the best section. Most private.
With being on the ground floor, I was terribly worried about security (I even brought my own piece of wood to put to jam the sliding door) – but the sliding door has a pin that you stick in that prevents you from opening it and it has a lock on the handle. I didn’t have to use my stick it at all ;)
We loved the drinks (so yummy). On the rainy days, we enjoyed the lobby and satellite TV in our room. Otherwise we just read and relaxed. There were a ton of activities to do (pool exercises, dance lessons, pool volley ball, ping pong) so you can’t get bored.
The food was delicious and a great variety. Of course there is something for everyone so you won’t love it all, but there was enough of a variety to go last the week. We did 3 out of 4 a la cartes: Italian (yummy), Mediterranean/Seafood (not good) and the Steakhouse (fabulous!). Take advantage of the snack bars. Their food is really good and you have more variety (calamari was fabulous!).
- I really wish that they had room service. Sometimes you just felt like sitting on the balcony and eating something small rather than inside at the buffet.
- Coffee service outside of the buffet didn't start until 10:00am (My friend is a coffee-first-thing-in-the-morning kind of girl and even though we had a coffee maker in the room, a good coffee was needed.
- Beach was lovely, nicely shaded, but it was crowded with chairs which took away from the waterfront.
- Service -- You have to keep in mind that people run on Caribbean time. I have seen this a few times but forgot, everything moves very slowly! The service was not good-- however, the people are so nice. All of the staff member were so kind, but it was a bit chaotic and sometimes we didn't get our drinks in the buffet (or service at all-- I had to grab my own fork and knife!). But the people were so friendly so you have to learn to relax a bit and have patience.
- The nightlife! Okay -- I know I am getting older, but when you are on vacation, it is hard to fill in the time. The karaoke bar didn’t open until 10 pm and the disco didn’t open until midnight - so we just couldn’t relax all day and stay up for that – good luck to those who can.
- The premier is the furthest away from the beach – but with the train that was no big deal and things are closer than you think.
Premier is the way to go. Get something in the 40, 41, 42 and that has a view of the pool (more nois...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.