“Exceptional Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #14 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The property is quite beautiful and nicely maintained. The food ran from very good to OK. Capers restaurant was the best that we experienced and visited them 3 times for breakfast and twice for dinner great service starting with the hostess. The beach was a bit of a trip but we didn't care about that. We were offered an upgrade from the garden area but refused it, and have no regrets. The entertainment was great and Moments bar was casual and inviting. We were especially impressed with the staff who all seemed to enjoy their work. Special thanks to Ygris for her warm and personal service, also Rhadame's, a great bartender...these people extended themselves to the limit to make our good time even better. See you next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel Manager N, Gerente at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Carl C

Greetings from the sunny Punta Cana, and thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay in our establishment.

On behalf of our entire personnel, we feel very pleasant that you enjoyed all the hotel facilities at all.

Your comments are very important to increase the hotel value getting the best recognition as the best hotel in Punta Cana as well.

We really appreciate if you can join us once again and it will be perfect if we can meet you personally as well, in that happens, do not hesitate to contact us any time.

yours faithfully

6,354 people have reviewed this hotel

2039
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,717)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went to this resort for my wedding anniversary and birthday. They did a great job welcoming my husband and I with a banner on the room when we arrived. Then we were harassed into going to a 2 hour sales presentation for a vacation club, which totally caught us off guard. They need to understand I'm on vacation, my time is valuable and not to mention I paid to stay at this resort. They offered you 100. 00 to go to the spa but they dont tell you the massage is over two hundred dollars. The food was okay, the presentation was better than it tasted at the buffet. I liked the buffet at the pool and I liked all the restaurants except the Mexican, it was horrible. I loved spice. I also had ants in my room. If it wasnt for David, Annly and Ogledy at carnival the rating would have been lower, they made my vacation great. Also they need to train the staff not to beg for tips its annoying.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Kimberly B

I regret if you felt disturbed from the Unlimited Vacation concierges, I assure that they tried at all times that you enjoyed the best attentions during your stay, that’s why they insisted to inform you about all the special amenities and facilities that you would have been able to enjoy if you were decided to contract this special vacation package.

I do not want to excuse them and I do apologize if their manners were not sophisticated at the time to explain you this special package. I have reviewed the fact with the Unlimited Vacation Club chief and we will make sure that this situation never happens again to other guests in the establishment.

On the other hand, I am deeply concern about your remark of the Tamarindo restaurant; in fact, I am reviewing personally every day the tasting and the variety of the product shown in all the restaurants, in order to determine with the Foods & Beverage Chief and the Executive Chief, the proper actions to improve immediately the tasting and the food presentation, introducing new methods of cooking and a better food selection as well

On the other hand, I would like to thank you for your kindly feedbak, which give us the opportunity to analyse our improvement areas, so we can increase the hotel quality and value.

I am deeply concerned that these inconveniences had diminished the high expectations that you had before you arriving to our hotel and I hope that you don’t lose faith in our Now Larimar Punta Cana Hotel.

I do apologize once again for this unpleasant experience and I would like to tell you that if you decide to give us a second opportunity returning to the hotel we will make sure to give you our warmest service and attentions.

I appreciate your kindness and patience regarding this matter and I look forward to giving you a warm welcome back very soon.

Yours faithfully,

Now Larimar Punta Cana Resort
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We just came back on Monday from a 7 day trip to Now Larimar Punta cana. I have only the best things to say about our vacation. To start our flight was a direct flight which was great, we didn't have to waste any time sitting around at the airports. When we arrived to the hotel, we were quickly greeted by Champagne to start your vacation off right! We stayed at the garden view part of the hotel. and it was like its own private oasis!! When we arrived at the front desk there, we again were able to sip on champagne and gave us and they took us to our room. The room was great! Private stall for the toilet, and shower. we had a bathtub/hot tub on our deck and a amazing view of the pool there. The garden view was soooo peaceful. there was never any crowds at the pool and screaming kids (besides our last day that took up our seats at the swim up bar- we ended up just jumping over to another pool at the main lobby) We met amazing couples and My favorite bartender Jorge was an absolute best that the garden view pool. our cups were never empty and was always all smiles and very welcoming every morning! Also Jonathan aka A-rod was awesome too, taking care of us pool side with lunches daily!!. The main lobby was nice, every one was super friendly and our main contact Ricardo was awesome, always there to help us out with any questions we had, and also helped us take the tour of the secret's part of the hotel, which if we had extra money around i'd totally would sign up for. any who. everyone was very nice and saying Hola to us.. the staff was amazing !! We walked a lot from the garden view to the main lobby.. its only a 4 min walk! please don't think that when reading other review its so far away. there is always a golf cart waiting for you to be picked up and if there isn't one there right when you walk out its a few min wait , if that, to get one. regardless its nice to take a walk and view the grounds.
The food was amazing.. you will not go hungry or tired of the food. Since we traveled in a low season, the only time I think is the best time to travel, the restaurants we not all open every day. they changed off. So in the main square you daily had two main restaurants and the buffet open. You received a news letter in your room every night for what's coming up for the next day. and that's where you see the restaurants that were opened at that time... we ate at every one at least once. and the French restaurant Mecure was our favorite ! We ate every morning at Capres for breakfast. it was quite, less crowded and you have better service there than the buffet. the Mexican restaurant had very good food. however the service was a bit slow. But we didn't really mind, we had tons to talk about and listen too. also the blue water grill- steak house- food was amazing just took a little longer to get our meals out to us. but we had a big group of friends we went with and time went fast. Spice - if they were opened every day we would have ate there daily! :) the hibachi tables are what you need reservations for. that's the only thing. but the restaurant it self is open for dinning. and they have a sushi bar. which we had a full meal at the hibachi, and then turned around to the sushi bar and had another huge meal of sushi!! we never had to wait long to be seated at any of the restaurants. if you get there earlier you will get seated faster and if you go after 830ish you will get seated fast as well.. its just like any restaurant you go to, sometimes you have to get on a waiting list. its not the end of the world.. there are awesome shoppes to visit and look at. and the square always had something going on... the entertainment team was great! we never made it up past 9-10 to watch the shows, we heard they were amazing. we did however catch the circus show on Saturday... that was amazing!!!!!!!! and the boys from the team that would play beach baseball made it very amusing to watch as well! you def.will not get bored at this resort. there is always something fun to do or watch. I forgot to mention the beach grill.. this is like a outside buffet right on the beach and the food was great!!! we always had to stop and grab a bite to eat.
The beaches were always maintained and beautiful... we had a couple complain in our orientations that the beaches were dirty of seaweed lol.. we are on a island.. and a beach what do you expected! lol the whole orientation group could not believe they said that.. but those are the type of ppl you will see write comments that are negative and silly, so you need to take everything with a grain of salt.. ITS A BEACH!
Our rooms were cleaned every day! I believe her name was Gerty? she was in the garden view part... she took care of us daily!
Now I read right before I came down about tipping.. I am glad I did, b/c these ppl work so hard and to show that you appreciate them by tipping them.. we always took care of our bartender at the pool. and daily left something small for house keeping- since they pick up your mess everyday- and the servers , they bust there butts to make sure you have a smile on your face even though you are so full!
We had one night at the night club.. they had great music and the entertainment team was up there dancing and getting everyone to move. We only made it there one night. ! wish we did it more.

This is an amazing hotel and it was really hard leaving on our last day. I will def. come back here again!

Room Tip: we stayed at the Garden view. we chose not to upgrade into the main part. it was always sunny and qu...
Taylorsville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

No amount of words can express the service we received from Marcelino. He made sure we were perfectly satisfied. He is a genuine person, not one to put on airs. If you want a great experience, then you must book at NOW Larimar the Preferred Club. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The Preferred Club - definitely....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Manager N, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Suzanne G

Your comments are very important to increase the hotel value getting the best recognition as the best hotel in Punta Cana as well, on the other hand I assure that Marcelino feel very thrilled about your high recognition to him too

We really appreciate if you can join us once again and I will love it to see you again as well, if that happens, do not hesitate to contact us any time.

yours faithfully

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here because the reviews we fair and stayed at a sister resort and had an amazing experience. This was not the case here.
Our room smelled so bad and when we moved it smelled again. The service was horrible... We don't drink booze so it not like we were asking for drinks all the time. At dinner or at the buffet we were waiting a good 10 minutes before anyone would give us a drink then another 5-10 for someone to take our order. At the buffet our food would be finished before we could get a water. The food was bad, bad too. Risotto was crunchy and no squid ink, soups lack luster the hen was dry, ravioli canned to name a few. At the Asian place the waiter (when he finally got there) told us my husband couldn't order sushi unless he ate at the bar, and if he did he couldn't order off the regular menu or we coudlnt sit together (not how it was done at the Sister resort). Ridiculous. The entertainment team is fun but some of the younger guys were pushy and kind of rude. They had they attitude that they were the "cool kids" and the resort would fail miserably without them... everyone is replaceable. On the positive side the beach was gorgeous but I am sure you could get it any of the places in this price range. We were only there for three days. First time I lost weight on vacation.
Franklin was great and got my husband nachos once, that was nice. Anilly was great too but she was there all the time in every restaurant hostessing. I hope they appreciate her.
Also something to consider they advertise Castaways as restaurant but do not state it is for Preferred customers only. Also Preferred customers get to eat first when there is a wait. Another thing not listed. I know this because I experienced both. The last day we got preferred status in restaurants getting sat before others in front of us.
If they reorganized the staff (leadership), hired a new chef, and cleaned the must smell from air conditioning ducts rooms I would recommend this place because the grounds are beautiful.

Room Tip: Definitely book any room other than a Garden View. Ask for a room with no must smell. Its bad guys...
Carmichaels, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have stayed at Now Larimar 2 years in a row for vacation. This resort is PARADISE!! One of the reasons we went back was due to Davis our concierge. We requested him again this year as our concierge & will continue to do so!! We had preferred club ocean front suite & was perfect. Was really impressed with the size of rooms & size of master bathroom. Upon our arrival there was a welcome back banner on our door, balloons inside, a bottle of champagne & budweiser on ice, & a fruit plate. Davis & staff also had hot tub filled & flower petals in it. Thank you Davis & staff for arranging that. The girls in the new preffered club lounge were always there if we needed anything. Davis also came in on his day off to bring me a birthday cake the resort had made. Davis is remarkable at his job, He always greeted everyone when we seen him & knew all his guests in preffered club. You could not ask for a better employee then him!! Another reason we went back was Junior P. & Mercedes at preffered club swim up bar. Junior P. & Mercedes make the best drinks & are always so cheerful & always have smiles on thier faces. This year we also met Domingo & Jose at swim up bar & they took care of whatever we needed. All of the staff there always greeted us no matter where we were on the resort. All of the staff working, cleaning & even painting to make it such a beautiful place to stay. The alcoholic drinks & food are amazing. We had room service 1st night there. Dinners' were at Tamarindo, Mecure & Capers,& was delicious. Love the grilled chicken at Barefoot grill too. We ate at Carnival, & Castaways as well & so much food to choose from buffet or menu. We are trying to get friends to join us there next year. We look forward to being there again next year at your beautiful resort!! Please keep up the great jobs that each of you do to make this such a wonderful place to stay!!! Can not wait to be back there :)

Dear Janice B,

Receive cordial greetings on behalf of our entire personnel, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us and at the same time I regret that you did not enjoy your stay in the Now Larimar Punta Cana hotel.

I have just analysed every point that you kindly reported in a constructive manner about the unfortunate facts occurred during your stay in the establishment and I must admit that I am extremely sorry if you felt disturbed about the uncomfortable situations that you encountered as well.

Concerning the issues that you had about the room conditions upon arrival, I do apologize if you felt hard time wasting your relax time to get a room according to your expectations, I must admit that is not the proper manner to enjoy a vacations. I have just to review the matter with my Front Desk chief and we will make sure that this uncomfortable situation never happens again to another guest in the future.

On the other hand, I am deeply concern about your remark of the food; in fact, I am reviewing personally every day the tasting and the variety of the product shown in all the restaurants, in order to determine with the Foods & Beverage Chief and the Executive Chief, the proper actions to improve immediately the tasting and the food presentation, introducing new methods of cooking and a better food selection as well.

Once again, I hope that you kindly accept my apologies about the unfortunate facts that did not allow you to enjoy your stay plentiful; I would like to think that somehow you can change your mind about our resort and I hope that you visit us again. If that happens, I will be pleased to give you our warmest service and attentions.

Thank you again for your comments and we are looking forward to hear from you in a near future

Yours faithfully

Now Larimar Punta Cana Resort & Spa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I loved everything about this place, the view, staff, hospitality, and custom service. 100% satisfied. The resort was clean, fun, lots of entertainment, wonderful fresh food, great drink. The maids cleaned the rooms very often and were very kind. Loved my stay here would go back again in a heart beat.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Shannagall

Greetings and thank you for sharing you valuable feedback about your fantastic experience in Now Larimar Punta Cana.

We appreciate your confidence in our Brand and It will be an honor if you decide to visit us once again, where we will be pleased to give you our warmest service and attentions.

have a great time an be well

Now Larimar Punta Cana Resort & Spa

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!