“Well Rested” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $350 Air Credit!
Ranked #21 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
New Jersey
“Well Rested”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Had to settle back into my normal chaos of a life before writing my review about our Punta Cana vacation and want to thank everyone at the NOW resort for being EXCELLENTE! Special thanks to Angel and Marcelino for being very attentive and making sure we had a great stay. It was very clear you really care about your customers. To Wilki, Osvaldo, “Primo” David and everyone at Carnival Café, you all are wonderful. To Daniella, thank you for bringing us drinks on the beach. The entire staff at this resort was pleasant and friendly and took care of every need.
We were on the beach every day and enjoyed every minute of it. Although we didn’t part take in any of the events with the Entertainment Team, they did put on a good show and it looked as though those who did, had a great time.
The food was average but I would have liked that more Dominican style food served. We ate a several restaurants but found they were hit or miss and just decided that a quick bite in the Café was good enough. We did have breakfast in Castaways and had the Dominican Breakfast and we loved it.
The grounds of the resort were kept immaculate, as were the Beaches.
Here are a few things I would recommend:
1) Have the staff trying to sell vacation packages only a specific location not right outside the café. We had someone stop to talk to us every other day and really how many other ways is there to say No Thank You
2) See if you can get the city to do something about those men standing out on the beach next door to the resort. They would approach you every time you go to the ocean and it’s unsettling after a couple of times. I understand they need business but enough.
3) Add more Dominican dishes to the Café menu.
Other than those items, which are minimal, this resort has everything for everyone. We recommend this resort.

• Stayed September 2013
Hotel Manager N, Gerente at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear njtrvlngrl

Greetings from the sunny Punta Cana, and thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay in our establishment.

On behalf of our entire personnel, we feel very pleasant that you enjoyed all the hotel facilities at all.

Your comments are very important to increase the hotel value getting the best recognition as the best hotel in Punta Cana as well.

We really appreciate if you can join us once again and it will be perfect if we can meet you personally as well, in that happens, do not hesitate to contact us any time.

yours faithfully

5,884 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,547)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My family and I spent 4 wonderful days at this resort. We planned a surprise birthday getaway for my mother-in-law. She was very surprised and extremely happy to have everyone together for her birthday. The staff was amazingly kind and friendly and took care of us from the minute we walked through the door to the minute we got to the airport - every step of the way. We even had waiters that kept tables for us. This was the kind of vacation where you just "show up". Special shout out to the wonderful people we met - Marlena, Antonio (concierge), Wilton & company (Mama Juana - Tapi Tapi LOL!), Francisco, Antonio (Beach Bartender) & Santiago. If I forgot anyone, please forgive me, you all do a wonderful job. These people made the trip even more memorable. My mother-in-law had a wonderful birthday night we know she will never forget. Everyone had a blast and we will definitely return. I highly recommend this resort if you really want to have a great vacation. Thank you to everyone at Now Larimar! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hotel Manager N, Gerente at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear LisaG52977

Thank you for took your time for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay in Now Larimar Punta Cana.

I have no words to express our most sincere grattitude for every lovely comment that you kindly posted about the service quality and the high recogniton that you show about the profesionalism attitude of our collaborators.

On the other hand, it will be an honor if I can meet you personally for a next time, if that happens, do not hesitate to contact me any time.

Have a great time

Warm regards

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just arrived from a 7 night stay for my friend's destination wedding Sept. 13-20, 2013. This place was amazing! The beach is awesome, the resort was so clean, the food was spectacular, the service was amazing, and the entertainment team (Brenny!, Sujey!,Hans, Jose, Kitty, Ramon, Barbie, Joanny,Grambua , J Nilson, Richard, Terremoto, Chocolate) were Excellenteee!!
The entertainment team is very talented and their performances are spectacular (Already miss it). They were always making sure everyone was having fun and dancing to the beautiful Spanish music.The restaurants were very good with excellent service. The beach desk has a couple very good staff members (Joel and Danielle) that were teaching sailing and scuba diving. They were very kind and continuously kept impressing me throughout the trip.This place is highly recommended for a visit and I would go again for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mina F

We really appreciate if you can join us once again and I will love it to see you again as well, if that happens, do not hesitate to contact us any time.

yours faithfully

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My girlfriends and I spent our 1st time in the Dominican Republic at NOW Larimar. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The resort was beautiful as well as the staff. Luis our concierge, checked on us frequently to ensure our satisfaction and quickly fixed any problem or concern we had. I would like to give a special thanks to waiters Fray, Osvaldo, both Kelvin's and David (our waiters in Spice and Carnival Buffet). They were very attentive and excellent waitstaff while dining. The food selection was grand in variety and I didn't eat one single thing that I did not like. Eddie Murphey from the Entertainment Team was by far my favorite. He was extremely funny and kept the crowd engaged. I would also like to thank Williams Ponce of the Entertain Team for teaching me and my gf's how to Bachoeta and Salsa, HE WAS AWESOME!! The only dislikes I have for the resort would be the consistent problems we had with our commode backing up. We had to call 3-4 times during our 5 day stay. Also, we had trouble locking our room door because the switch would not turn. One night around 9pm we called for face towels and were told they were not available and to call back in the morning. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Our room was an ocean view room, which overlooked the main pool area and had a partial ocean view. The garden view rooms (most, if not all) require a golf cart ride (chauffeured) or a long walk to get to the pool area, which is then still a long walk to the beach. Our only room complaint was the hard bed, which seems to be everywhere in the Caribbean. We had a jacuzzi tub and large shower in the bath, a stocked mini-fridge, a desk, small table and 2 chairs, dresser with TV (which we never even tried to turn on), and a safe in the room. We were very pleased with the room.

The food was good. There were many options for dining. We did find the French to be the best (we tried japanese, american, mexican, but we were not able to eat at the Italian restaurant.) But I thought the best desserts were at the Carnival Buffet! And the best breakfast was at Windows (the name of the Italian restaurant in the morning). We had the "romantic dinner" option for an additional charge and found that to be very good and enjoyable.

We did utilize the spa, and although I thought it was overpriced, we did enjoy it. FYI, one person may book a massage or treatment at the spa, but both spouses may go and participate in the "hydrotherapy" for that one price. Maybe that is a special going on right now??? Not sure.

We booked through Vacations Express with the help of a travel agent and had no problems with transfers, flights, or check-in.

The service was incredible. Everyone worked very hard to make our stay enjoyable. I would especially like to mention Rosemary at the front desk, Pablo at the pool bar, entertainment folks Jose, Evans, and Ysabel. And especially our bellman Ismael, who greeted us each day with a smile and was able to answer all our questions and attended all our needs.

I would definitely recommend Now Larimar. We had a wonderful week.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Pattycake1170

Thank you so much for sharing your valuable feedback about your recent stay in Now Larimar Punta Cana.

It is very heart warming that you had a great time in our establishment, and It will be great if you join once again as one of our privilege guests in a near future, If that happens, do not hesitate to contact us any time, where we will be pleased to give you our warmest service and attentions.

Now Larimar Punta Cana Resort & Spa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel August time . We were hesitant on where we should go in the Dominican but we were extremely happy that we chose Now Larimar. The rooms are very nice & the service is great. When there is a problem the staff would be happy to the help. The entertainment is amazing. The entertainment team is brilliant . Special thanks to Mozart Jackson , Karen , ysabel and Jose . They really made our holiday special !

• Stayed August 2013
South Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

After spending twelve fun filled days it was time to leave. My thanks to the entertainment staff
Evans, Eddie Murphy, Mickey Mouse, José and all the rest. The hostess Erika who greeted
us every day with hugs and made us feel special. The wait staff, my little buddy who made my
morning cappuccino. Our waiter.Edy de los Sontos and Eddie appeared every morning with a smile. After a busy day at the pool we were met by Ygris who served us white wine and rum
cream. We will return in 2014 for at least two weeks. I wish to thank all the staff for a great
time

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!