“Just relax and enjoy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #14 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Just relax and enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I just returned from a 5-day stay at Now Larimar and had a great time. The staff were super friendly, and greeted you with an Hola! at every turn.

- I had an Ocean View room- A bit deceiving, as you barely get a glimpse of the ocean. But the location to the pool and main building was perfect. The rooms were clean and well maintained. I enjoyed the balcony and the Jacuzzi tub in the room. I didn't upgrade to the Preferred Club, in fact I was never asked to. But, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. The Con: The bed is hard as a rock.

- Food- This was the biggest minus for me. Plenty of options, but the meals were fair to poor. The rib-eye at Bluewater Grill was pretty good. Reserve dinner at Spice, The Hibachi Grill was the best meal I had at the resort. But the reservations fill up days in advance, so be sure to make that a priority when you arrive at the hotel.

- Activities- The Entertainment Team made sure there was plenty to do on the beach, at the pool, and for kids throughout the day. I enjoyed the Magic Show and the dancing and music at the night show on the plaza. The con: the hip hop music in the opening act of the Variety Show was full of profanity and not kid friendly- and was accompanied by a risqué dance,

- Pools were amazing. The swim up bars were very cool, and the water was amazing. Free towels, plenty of lounge chairs, even lounge chairs inside the pool. They didn't feel overcrowded at all. Con: There is a Jacuzzi next to the pool, but it is not a hot tub, the water was always cold. More of a small pool with bubbles.

- Resort credits-- I went to claim my $200 resort credits, and quickly realized this was going to be a Timeshare push when he told me that I needed my husband with me to pick up the coupons. I declined--a few dollars off at the spa didn't seem worth a 2-hour timeshare pitch. Don't bother.

Room Tip: No major difference between Ocean View and Poolside. The rooms were very spacious and well maintain...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Resident Manage... A, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear lovely1922,

Greetings from the sunny Punta Cana, and thank you to share your comments about your recent stay in our establishment. On behalf of our entire personnel, we feel very pleasant that you enjoyed all the hotel facilities at all. Your comments are very important to increase the hotel value getting the best recognition as the best hotel in Punta Cana as well. We really appreciate if you can join us once again and it will be perfect if we can meet you personally as well, in that case do not hesitate to contact us any time.

Be well

6,356 people have reviewed this hotel

2038
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,720)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had no issues checking in or checking out. Personnel were friendly. The grounds were clean and well kept. The pools are large with plenty of chairs. The room on the other hand, was really bad. It had a heavy musty smell and very humid feel. Their remedy for the smell was some jasmine incense which was so bad I preferred the "heavy musty". The AC cooled the room but did not dry it. I had a swimsuit hanging inside for three days that never dried.
We were on the first floor with zero privacy from other guests and each other. The only way to get light into the room was to have the curtains open to the patio which gives everyone a direct look into the bathroom because there's no divider to the bathroom! - it's wide open with only a glass door separating the toilet. Yes, the bathroom did have a solid door on the side which we never used because it doesn't block anything (????).
We had a Jacuzzi in the room which they obviously discourage you from using. The spout to fill the tub is very small coupled with the low water pressure makes it a 3 hour fill time (and I'm not kidding). We never used it.
The food at the restaurants for diner was suitable. Lunch and breakfast options are very limited with only buffets available. If you want to eat a la carte, you need to upgrade at a cost. This gives the resort a very "exclusive" feel as you will see signs everywhere for "preferred" members only. Make sure to include this ahead of time if you prefer a fresher meal.
Probably the most disappointing to me were the resort salesmen parked strategically on the grounds, usually outside the restaurants. We found it tough to go anywhere without someone trying to "give" you something for "free". Some would take no for an answer while others were very aggressive (this is not acceptable to me when I'm there to relax).
In regards to the entertainment, it was ok but be prepared if you don't like being pressured to go up on stage as a "volunteer". The prelude to every show includes an exercise with guests from the audience which is fine if they would respect a simple "no" (some times they don't).
Overall, I found the cleanliness ok and the grounds were nice but I wouldn't go back due to the negative comments I stated. I'm sure they have rooms with privacy, just make sure you check it before booking.

Room Tip: Stay above the ground floor if you like privacy and inquire a room layout if you like the bathroom s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tripad321,

Receive cordial greetings from the entire personnel of Now Larimar Punta Cana. We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your unfortunately unpleasant stay with us.

Before we begin we would like to express our most sincere apologizes for every inconvenience you have encountered during your stay here at Now Larimar Punta Cana. We regret not being able to meet the expectations you had before arriving at our luxury Resort Now Larimar Punta Cana.

Concerning the issues that you encountered at your arrival, we do apologize if you felt hard time about the room conditions and location as well. We wished to fix these issues on time, we ensure that in collaboration with our housekeeper manager, we have taken the proper actions to improve the quality of our service in the future.

About the tips, actually our collaborators understand that the tip is a good will gesture, however we appreciate your feedback at the respect and we will iimprove our training seasons through of our Human Resources department.

Once again, we hope you accept our apologies and we would like to invite you to be our privilege guests and visit our Resort once again in order to persuade you of our excellent service quality in the future.

There is always room for improvement and feedback of our clients play a key role to show us where we have to make an extra effort to serve our valued clients better. We deeply regret that in your particular case we were not able to satisfy and surpass your vacation expectations this time.

However, we do not want to lose you as our valued customer and we hope to be given a second chance to recover your trust into our establishment where we would consider to offer our best benefits and facilities in our establishment as well..

We are looking forward to hearing from you in the future

Sincerely

kells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just a quick review to say that we had an astounding time here for 12 days in april 2013. From the moment we arrived at the airport till the moment we left everything was first class. food and drinkswas amazing, staff was so helpful and courteous especially Jolia, Victor, Abel, Rose Leddy, Mercedes and Maria ( and this was only the staff dealing we me). All the entertainment crew was amazing and so professional. This resort also caters for young families and is very safe and clean. We were sad to leave on the last day and will be back in the near future.
Paddy and Lilian (irish couple)

Room Tip: the preferred club is amazing and would recommen this!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Resident Manage... A, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Patrick C,

Greetings from the sunny Punta Cana, we feel very thrilled for your lovely feedback about your recent stay wiith us, we appreciatted every single word of grattitud to our collaborators, they make the difference in all our guests holidays, they do a hard job with the only goal to meet all the guests expectations. Also we realized that you enjoyed all our benefits at all in our luxury hotel Now Larimar Punta Cana, so it will be great to meet you personally once again, in that case, do not hesitate to contact us any time.

be well.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had a great time at Now Larimar in Punta Cana. Went for my sister's college graduation and my fathers 50th birthday. The staff is excellent around the resort. If you go make sure you stop by and see Kelvin at 'The mix bar' at the pool. Best bartender that they have! Make sure that you get your dinner reservations for the Asian restaurant as early as possible because it can be frequently booked. Also make sure if you are traveling with men, that they have slacks or long pants along because all of the restaurant besides the buffet require them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tyler S

Recieve cordial greetings from Now Larimar Punta Cana, On behalf of our entire personnel we feel very pleasant to have met your expectations during your recent stay in our establishment. Your comments are very important to increase the hotel value, through of them we can get the best recognition as the best hotel in Punta Cana. we love if you visit us once again in the future, in that case do not hesitate to contact us any time.

be well

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I just returned from the now larimar from our stay being June 12 -18. Excellente! As we were learned as a very confident phrase all the employees used. It was that too. The service and facilities were great. I traveled with my two kids (20 & 23). Also, my cousin and her daughter and plus her daughter came with me. The kids program was good but just not enough kids in it. I guess the time of year. Our bar tenders were wonderful and especially Mauricio, what a charming young man. Two thumbs up for such a spectacular employee. also, David in the buffet. We will never forget the morning buffet because it was my daughters bday and they sang and made music by using silverware to her. Woke up everyone in the room. It was a blast! We will return.

Room Tip: Stay next to the ocean there is another building not so close that has the capers restaurant in it I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pam C,

be well.

Tel. +1 809-221-4646 Ext. 7513 Fax. + 1 809-
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just came back from our trip to Punta Cana. A group of 12 of us stayed at the Now Larimer. The resort is very nice in appearance and always looked clean and tidy. We had some trouble at check in,there were 6 rooms for the group and two of the rooms got a complimentary upgrade, but the other four did not. So, if the other four rooms did not spend $350 (week) more for a preferred pool view room we would have been in two totally different areas of a large resort. So, after some very lengthy discussion and being told that we should just be happy for the people in those two upgraded rooms, we all spent the money and upgraded our rooms. The rooms were clean and in pretty good shape except we could not call out on our phone and the mini bar refrigerator did not work most of the time. Also there was no consistency in what the preferred rooms were given. Some of the rooms had nice couches and coffee table and a table and chairs as well as a desk and chair. Some just had a desk and a table and a chair. Two of the six rooms got robes and slippers, but not the other four. Two of the rooms were delivered champagne, the others got nothing. We were told by some of the staff that we all should of had bottles of rum in our room....we never got anything. And let me mention the mosquitos...we were on the ground floor and the mosquitos were absolutely terrible. One night my husband got twelve bites around his ankles. No one in the group left without a lot of mosquito bites. The mattress was nothing luxurious but was ok. Another reviewer mentioned not being able to get bottles of water, we had not problem with that. They were very accommodating when asked for bottles of water. The staff overall was extremely nice and kind.
If you like night swimming...forget about it. The pools, which are very beautiful by the way, close at 7 pm, and they won't let you in the ocean either. Which is a real shame because it is so wonderful out in the evening. So, on the days we did excursions, came back, showered and then ate,, we could not do any swimming. Bummer!
Now lets talk about the food. Overall it was very disappointing for a four star resort. We were there 8 days. The food was pretty much the same all week, there is no variety at the buffets. Now don't get me wrong there were a few really good things....We would highly recommend that as soon as you get there you make a reservation in Spice for the hibachi dinner. It was absolutely wonderful and entertaining too. The Mexican food was ok but the service was so slow. We ate in the Bluewater Grill twice because we really liked their food the best. But the Italian restaurant had good food and the best wait staff ever, we really enjoyed going there.
Please remember to take pepto bismol or immodium, because no matter how hard you try, at some point you are going to have stomach and bowel issues. And, they pretty much tell all Americans that.
The alcohol drinks are strong...there is no watering down of the drinks there. But I think all the mixed drinks tasted like coconut.
If you are a preferred guest go the lounge in the 1100 series of rooms building. Stephanie and Carmen are absolutely wonderful! They are so nice and kind and helpful!
The entertainment staff is great. They are so happy and energetic all the time. They made things lots of fun.

Overall the resort was average. We had a wonderful time, but we would probably try our luck at a different resort if we were to visit again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on ground floor. Too many mosquitos.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just returned from a 5d/4n anniversary celebration in which I took my 5-year old twins. This was my 5th time staying at an AMR resort, and this was by far the worse experience I had. First all, my room was supposed to be ready by 3p, but was not ready til 4. Then I paid for an upgrade with a pool view, only I couldn't see any of the pools! Tried lunch at the Buffet, and the service was horrific. You have to literally flag someone down to order drinks. Breakfast was worse. The orders were screwed up, service was slow and inattentive, the eggs and bacon did not appear well-cooked, and the decor can use touch up in the furniture and ceiling, where paint is observed coming off. But it got worse: The Blue Water Grill was the WORSE dining experience of the 40+ years of living! It was an hour wait to sit, then another hour to get our meals (which we had to send back due to my wife's rib-eye being delivered medium rare when she specified on three occasions she wanted it well done). The worse was my baked potato, which I requested cheese and bacon bits. They delivered my ribs with the cheese and bacon on the ribs! After seating us, the waiter NEVER came to check on us. Finally, requesting beach towels was comical. By noon, there were no towels and each time you went to check the staff uttered "20 minutes". This went on for 4 1/2 hours. The next day the same occurred, but only for 1 1/2 hours. The resort is beautiful, but the service is amateur, at best. I would recommend Dreams Punta Cana if you desire to go to an AMR resort in Punta Cana and you have kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Isaac25,

Receive cordial greetings from the entire personnel of Now Larimar Punta Cana.

I would like to thank you for choosing our Now Larimar Punta Cana Hotel for your holidays and I will also like to thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay with us.

I would like to express my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay here at Now Larimar Punta Cana.

Regarding some of the issues that you encountered whilst in our hotel I would like to remark that most of them were due to the fact that the hotel was at its top capacity and even though everyone strives in providing our guests with the best and fastest service it becomes really hard to please everyone on a timely manner.

Concerning the unfortunate facts occurred at the check in, we feel very upset about the issues mentioned by yourself, we have just to analyze with the personnel involved and we have taken the proper actions to work inmediatelly in the improvement areas. we do apologize for every inconvenience which you encountered upon arrival and we ensure that we will do the effort to do the best to improve the quaility of our service.

Concerning your comments about the food, we regret if the quality of our products did not meet your expectations, currently we are working with our Executive chef in a new tasting program, which give as an oportunity to improve our products so we can increase our hotel value

Me and my entire team; we have been able to seriously improve our guest service; there is always room for improvement and feedback of our clients play a key role to show us where we have to make an extra effort to serve our valued clients better.

We deeply regret that in your particular case we were not able to satisfy and surpass your vacation expectations this time. However, we do not want to lose you as our valued customer and we hope to be given a second chance to recover the trust into our establishment.

I thank you once again for giving me the opportunity to make up for this issues and I hope that you honour us soon with another stay in our resort.

sincerely

e-concierge.nolpc@nowresorts.com

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!