“lovely resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
Fredericton, Canada
“lovely resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

we stayed a week at the Now resort in late February and went a little apprehensive that it wouldn't be as lovely as the website. Concerns were cast aside very quickly! Check-in was quick and the staff quickly got us to our room - which was lovely! We had difficulty getting the ceiling fan to work in the room and when we called, maintenance was at the door within 5 minutes! Great service! We went to the specialty restaurants four times (Mexican twice) and were pleased with both the food and service. We have been to resorts in the past where the buffet was hit and miss - not so here! The food variety was very good as was the quality. The staff here was exceptional (of particular mention would be Lizandro, Leudy and Gabriel). We spent most of the week on the beach and were pleased with the service here too - from Louis Antonio, who would remember our typical drink orders, to the spa staff that would give complementary neck and shoulder massages on the beach! It was truly a relaxing and enjoyable week. My only negative comment would be the 'Unlimited' staff that would engage you in conversation, trying to get you to sign up for info sessions on time shares. Individuals outside of the buffet area told us they could assist us in getting around the resort (which was, we thought valuable information on our first morning) only to find out they wanted us to attend a 'breakfast meeting' - not impressed. We finally realized their name tags read 'Unlimited' so we avoided them. Apart from that, the week was wonderful and by far, the best resort we have been to. We would definitely consider a return visit here! Thank you to a superb staff!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Resident Manage... A, Gerente at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Up_North_Lady

Greetings from Now Larimar Resorts.

First of all, thank you so much for trust on us and shared your appreciated feedback about your recent stay with us.
On behalf of the Now Larimar team we feel through your words that we improve every day our service valuated through our quality system service
And supported for the excellent job by our collaborators who trying to do the best work, through a warm smile and a outstanding service.
We feel so happy to know that the wedding evet will be great, in Now larimar Punta Cana our main objective is the complete satisfaction of all our customers.
Regarding our restaurants facilities and activities, we realized that the food and service was according to your expectative and we appreciate your point with that too.
So , we love if you join us once again and meet you personally, in that case do not hesitate to contact us in advance to try satisfy any request you may have.
You may have.

E-Concierge Manager Now Larimar Punta Cana Resort & Spa
e-concierge.nolpc@nowresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,856)
  • Polish first
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this resort and I would recommend it, however I have stayed at many just as nice places for less money. If your not into kids stay next door at Secrets which is adults only and you can still use everything at this resort....wish I would have done in hindsight. The Lobby Bar staff is the best... At the pool bar if you don't have a dollar it will take awhile to get a drink... About that swim-up bar...not so good for old people like me...only one area with steps and it is at the opposite end of the pool. Easy enough to get in...but I needed a couple of my strapping son-in-laws to pull me out if I didn't want to wade clear to the other end and walk back...not a pretty picture...and I was not the only one. As this was a wedding trip we had all ages...the kids loved the explores club and beach. We had a handicap person and a couple elderly folks. Hard for them to get around, alot of walking with no bench or something to take a break and not handicap accessible in some key areas...but we had enough folks and managed...the help also would be there to assist...service in the restraurants top notch. The buffet is OK typical fare for AI resorts. I really liked you did not need reservations for the specialty restaurants. Some were excellent like the Japanese, Blue Water Grill, Mexican was pretty good, the Italian had a fantastic salad bar but terrible entree for 3/4 of us. I will definetly go back to Punta Cana again but would more likey stay at the RUI again where I stayed last time but would depend on the price. And, almost forgot about the annoying people trying to get you buy a timeshare...even if they say that is not what it is...it is. At check-in...do not let these people grab you...go directly to the bellman who will take your bags to your room for you.. We had a couple newbies with us that sucked in to a tour before they ever got to their room...don't know about you but after a long day of traveling I want my room and beverage and not a tour! The wedding planner was great and everything on that day was perfection!

Room Tip: If you like to be close to things and sit on balcony and watch peoplle, make sure you get a room in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

we had a beautiful relaxing 3 week stay at the larimar,staff all very good,always plenty going on if you want to get involved {we just chilled} food in buffet restaurant was excellent plenty to choose from.The beach was big and beautiful,you need to get up early if you want a hut for shade when it gets to hot in the afternoon.The only disapointment was because we was there for 3 weeks the shows were the same on week 2 and 3 if they did a 2 week program it would be perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Meadows201

In Now Larimar we strive continuously every day to improve our benefits and facilities, your comments help us to increase the hotel value.
Concerning the little issue about the shows, we expect in the future reorganzied themwith more chair longs so we can create a comfortable atmosphere.
About our Beach grill restaurant, we understand and appreciate your feedback and we will try to improve this facility with face to the future.
We realized that the thematic restaurants, were according to your expectative and we appreciate your additional suggestions to help us with the intention to improve our facilities.
We appreciate if you join us once again and meet your personally, in that case do not hesitate to contact us anytime to satisfy any request you may have.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

There were six of us traveling together and we all agreed this was one of the best vacations we have had. None of us wanted to go home and we all are planning a return trip in the future. The food was very good, the entertainment very good. The beach was great and everyone was very nice and accommodating. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Resident Manage... A, Gerente at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Shezalee,Greetings from Now Larimar Resorts Punta Cana and thank you so much for shared your valuable feedback, about your recent stay with us.
We realized you enjoyed your vacations with your friends and for us is a truly pleasure to know it.
We realized that the thematic restaurants, were according to your expectative.
it will be fabolous if you join us once again and meet your personally, in that case do not hesitate to contact us anytime to satisfy any request you may have.

Fredericton, NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just got back from a week at this resort, and I can't say a negative thing about it! This was a family trip with my husband and 2-6yr olds, my parents, sister and brother-in-law, and it was the perfect resort for everyone. We all had quiet garden-view rooms on the ground floor, which was great as we could just walk out to the pool and to the Capers restaurant. It is a quieter area of the resort, but it does have it's own pool and swim-up bar that is less busy than the main pool. We used this pool after a day at the beach before we would go for dinner, as it was close and would entertain the kids for a bit without us having to pack up a lot of things to take with us.

For people who complained that it was "too far away" from the main resort, it was less than a 10 minute walk away when walking with little kids. The golf carts were always available when needed and could take you directly to the beach if you wanted. When we stay there again, we will request the same area, as it's nice to get away from all of the activity when you've got young kids at the end of the day. Housekeeping was also great, no complaints and we did get turn down service each night. My kids loved the little chocolates, and if you happened to leave a shirt on the bed, it would be nicely arranged upon your return.

The service was amazing, with everyone being so accommodating and pleasant to deal with. The golf cart driver, Rigo was especially friendly and very kind to my kids who were always excited to get a ride. Wait staff was friendly, with many going above and beyond to get whatever you needed. I would say the food was good, with the main Carnival restaurant having a better selection of breakfast buffet than Capers. Capers was so convenient to go to when getting up in the morning to give the kids breakfast, and then we'd drop them off at the Explorers (kids club) Club for morning activities and my husband and I would have breakfast by ourselves.....what a treat!

The ladies at the kids club were fantastic, and both of my kids had a blast and spent some time there 5 out of 7 days. My daughter loved the arts and crafts, and my son really loved the mini-discos they held in the evenings. It's so nice to have a mix of adult and kid time when going on a trip like this, so I was very pleased that the kids looked forward to going to Explorers Club. I would say this club would be best for kids aged about 4-10, although they do take ages 3-12.
We tried all of the restaurants except for Bluewater Grill. I found that the French and Mexican were the best. If you are expecting high-end gourmet food, this is not the place for you. It's made to appeal to the masses, so don't anticipate wild flavours and crazy choices. It was good, decent food that appealed to everyone in my group from age 6-64.

We did go to the main pool to people watch and look at the afternoon entertainment. Definitely fun to watch even if you didn't participate. The beach buffet is pretty much the same type of food each day with a few changes, but very convenient when at the pool or beach. We never had any problem getting drinks or having servers approach us to ask if we wanted refills, but there were fewer servers walking on the beach. Not a big deal at all, it was nice to get up and stretch the legs and get a drink at the bar ourselves. We also never had a problem getting loungers, and we were a group of 6, sometimes 8 people.

Overall, I have no complaints, and when I return to Punta Cana, I will definitely stay here again. Impeccable grounds that are beautifully maintained, fantastic service, and a great escape from the snow. :)

Room Tip: Main floor garden-view rooms for a bit of quiet, yet great access to Capers and the pool!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear twins4andrea
Greetings from Now larimar Punta Cana
On behalf of the entire staff, we appreciated so much your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us.
In Now Larimar, we strive continuously to satisfy the preference of all our customers, being our main objective the complete satisfaction as well.
We realized you enjoy with your family all our facilities, as the restaurants, activities and more with our staff every single day.
It will be great if you join us once again and meet you personally, in that case do not hesitate to contact us in advance to satisfy any request you may have.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I just got back last weekend from our trip to the Dominican Republic. We stayed at the Now Larimar, and I couldn't be happier with our decision to go with this resort. After narrowing down a few options, I looked up reviews here on Trip Advisor to see which was the best resort to go with. I felt the best about the reviews for this one, and everyone who commented didn't steer me wrong!

First, the resort is beautiful. I loved that the compound (including other resorts around it) were very safe and had monitored entrances, but were not surrounded by barbed wire and armed guards. You felt secure but welcome. The desk staff were great, we upgraded immediately to Preferred Club (which I recommend if you can do it). Be warned - you WILL be booked for an appointment for them to pitch you the time share - and we even booked through RCI (AM resorts has their own). The people who toured us and tried to pitch the sale were friendly and not pushy, so we just had fun and didn't get irritated about it. Anyway, our Bell Boy, Angel, showed us to our rooms and was very friendly and welcoming.

Room - beautiful, especially the bathroom. Upgrading to preferred club meant we were a bit closer to the pool/beach. Don't worry about "Tropical View" instead of Ocean view - it means you see the garden/pool area and it's landscaped beautifully. The pools were clean and warm, lots of lounge space, great bars, lots of fun. This is a family-friendly resort, so lots of kids, but there is an adult-only section if you book through Secrets instead of Now. We had a jacuzzi and a shower, big mirror, incense, etc. My ONLY issue with the room was that the WIFI signal was terrible.

The beach was incredible, bars were incredible, loved having snack-bars and a restaurant on the beach. The Preferred Club pool was nice and quiet. Lots of activities going on all the time. The staff was friendly everywhere you went.

The food was wonderful too. There is a main buffet, 4 restaurants in the resort, one on the beach, and another buffet and restaurant at the Secrets section of the resort too. If you go - you have to make reservations at the Japanese Restaurant, and you need to do it DAYS in advance, or you won't get in. Loved all of them, BlueWater Grill and Capers were my favourites though. I cannot say enough good things about the Carnival Buffet. Loved the food, and loved the staff. DAVID and WILTON, our servers for the morning and evening in the buffet (preferred club section) made our whole trip. What absolute sweethearts - they were friendly, funny, and made us feel special every time we went in there to eat. I loved them both.

Big thanks to Roberto for organizing our two excursions - he was helpful and the excursions were awesome - ziplining and snorkeling. Definitely take advantage, it's too much fun!

I could keep going. In a nutshell, I was so impressed and would go back in a heartbeat, as well as recommend this resort to everyone going there. I plan to stick to AM Resorts for future travels.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Preferred Club if possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sunshinedmg

Concerning the little issue about the wifi conettion, we apologize this unfortunate fact, sometimes we have technical issues which affected all the hotels in Punta Cana, however we will improve this fact of face to the future.
We realized that the thematic restaurants were according to your expectative and we appreciate it at all.

minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a fabulous trip recently to Now Larimar. This was our fourth trip to the DR. From check in to check out the staff was great. We had a garden view room and our maid service daily gave us everything we needed and we had turn down service each night. We left a small tip every day and night which these kind people so deserve. The entertainment team was friendly and kept you as busy as you wanted to be starting with morning " stretching" and Zumba to Spanish classe. Love them, especially Karen ( what a sweet, hard worker) , Winni, Eddy Murphy, Chocolate and Chiquilin!! These kids are exceptional. Everyday at the pool we had a young lady wait on us, Ana Maria from "The Mix Bar" - so sweet and always right there with a fresh beverage. Hard working, polite and friendly. The grounds are beautiful at Larimar. It's nice you don't need reservations at the restaurants either except Japanese so you can be more relaxed. I would not upgrade as we heard from friends that they did this and felt it wasn't worth it. Besides we weren't in our room that much. We did purchase the WiFi for 6 days and it was spotty at best, probably would skip that if I had to do it over. Food over all is very good, especially the fruit and veggies. The meat eaters in our group were not crazy about the beef products but there were so many other choices it did not matter. The beach is beautiful and you can walk for a long ways.We did not use the spa but our friends did and said it was very good. Really we love the DR and it's people,keep an open mind and try Larimar!! If you don't like one food, try something else, if you don't like one activity, try something else. It's vacation,relax and enjoy :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JuliekMinnesota

Greetings from Now Larimar Resorts.

On behalf of the Now Larimar entire staff we feel through your words that we improve every day our service valuated through our quality system service
And supported for the excellent job by our collaborators as Karen, Winni, Eddy Murphy, Chocolate and Chiquilina and all the team who trying to do the best work, through a
warm smile and a outstanding service.
Regarding our restaurants facilities and service, we realized that the food and service was according to your expectative and we appreciate your point with that too.
So at this point, we love if you join us once again with your family and meet you personally, in that case do not hesitate to contact us in advance to satisfy any request
You may have.

e-concierge.nolpc@nowresorts.com

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!