“Good time had by all” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #14 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good time had by all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were at the Now Larimar from 12/15 to 12/22. The rooms where nice, however you had to beg the water to come out of the shower. The food was great, especially at Tamarindo, the newly opened Mexican restaurant. We were wowed by Henry, our waiter. On the beach Antonio "Banderas" made sure that we had a drink whenever we wanted one. The entire staff was friendly and helpfull.

6,430 people have reviewed this hotel

2073
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,758)
  • Polish first
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband, daughter age 10, son age 8 and I went to Now Larimar and stayed in the Preferred Club Section Deluxe Ocean View from Dec 15th - Dec 22nd and had an excellent vacation!

We were deciding between Now Larimar and the two Dreams hotels in Punta Cana and definitely made the right choice by choosing Now Larimar for the following:

Explorers Club for kids – Each day there is a new Explorer’s Club Activities Schedule with plenty of activities for my kids to do like a Pirate's Scavenger Hunt on the beach and once a week a kid’s campout out on the beach from around 6-9pm! My kids were never bored and Marilyn and the Explorers Club staff were great.

Entertainment Staff of “Eddie Murphy” and “Mickey Mouse” are energetic and not pushy. The Entertainment staff change up the activities each day! The foam party in the pool and the water balloon fight in the pool were awesome! The evening shows were exciting from the Circus show, Fire show, the Carnival show and we were lucky to see the JEERK Rhythm Artist Group that came from Sweden to perform!

Carnival Restaurant in the preferred section was the absolute best restaurant I have ever been to on a vacation! David, Skarlynn Smith, Delby and Mayra are excellent! I did not have to blink and my wine glass was filled, they remembered what my likes are, the food always changed up with excellent fish selection and food stations! I also enjoyed the cappuccino too! They made us feel so special!

Moments Bar - please take the time to visit Moments bar. Visit the bartender Lenny! He made our drinks perfectly!

Preferred Club - I would spend the extra money and book a preferred club room! I wanted to make my daughter's birthday extra special and Gabriella at the Preferred Club made all arrangements like arranging a Happy Birthday banner on our room door, balloons in the room, and ordered a special chocolate cake for my daughter's birthday at dinner! Just a tip for all birthday arrangements the Preferred Club needs 24 hours in advance.

The room we had was excellent! I would definately come back to Now Larimar!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and book a Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean Room as the balcony has a giant jacuzzi...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I hand an utterly Terrible time here with my boyfriend. It would probably take up way to much of your time to sum it all up but I will do my best. First, the ocean view rooms are pool view with the ocean seen far in the background and hidden behind various palm trees. Don't bother paying extra to see this monstrosity. Even though its an "all inclusive" resort you had to tip the waitresses and waiters to get service at the bars. Our toilet leaked all over the fully tiled floor the entire time we were there, no carpet at all in room, terrible for a consistently wet floor, and dangerous. Bathroom door was falling off hinges, bed was as hard as plywood! No joke!!! Room service was awful, not only the food, but also the delivery time. Again, must tip well for good service. There was one night I never even received my order for ONE slice of cheesecake!! We couldn't lay on the beach or by the pool for more than 10 minutes without solicitors coming up to us trying to sell drugs as or highly priced beach activities. The hotel staff were just as invasive, pulling us by the arm to join us in games. So intrusive and not at all relaxing when all you want to do is sit on the beach in peace, poolside towels were dingy rags that were often not even available. You cannot walk up and down the beach at a without being bothered and there are cops on either end of small resort beach. DO NOT GO PAST THIS POINT OR YOU WILL LIKELY NOT RETURN HOME!!! And the worst part of all of this is that I am allergic to seafood. The buffet is littered with un-labeled seafood items and as a results first night there I became very sick. When letting the concierge know, I was provided with no alternative. When I disputed this after getting home with my travel agent, they then told me there was an allergy card I could have used "had they known." which leaves me wondering why this wasn't offered when I spoke with them previously. Leaving the hotel, our shuttle was extremely late causing us to almost miss our flight by minutes. The "nice restaurants that were provided, you had to dress up for. long pants and long sleeve shirts for men, dresses and heels for woman. They do not make you aware of this ahead of time and are not allowed in otherwise. on top of thus, you sit in HEAT for hours as you wait to eat in one if these jam packed places. I could honestly go on for hours. All in All It was a nightmare. I would not recommend it and if you do try it, don't expect any compensation back for their terrible service because they are completely unwilling to work with you. I will continue to repost this if it is taken down by a resort representative because I do not want anyone to experience what I and my boyfriend had to go through.

• Stayed August 2012
Resident Manage... A, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Mrs. Frazier,

As mentioned in our answer to you on the 29th of September and the 25th of October 2012 we are very sorry, that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered while staying here.

By now we have cut the palm trees, so that Ocean views are visible again.

Our staff serves our valued guests always with a smile and they are very attentive. If you tip this is a sign of appreciation, but it is not obligatory and definitely not expected from our staff.

We do not use carpets in the Caribbean, because of the humidity and we have signs saying, that the tiles are slippery and that you need to walk carefully, especially after it rained.

As far as the accusation of the drug selling is concerned, we hardly believe, this is true as this is a serious issue and we have security guards on the beach, who do not let anyone enter the Resort, who does not belong there. Furthermore it should have been reported to us right away, but it was not. We are a family friendly resort and an incident like this, is handled with high sensitivity.

All the beaches in the Dominican Republic are public and there are beach shopping areas, where Dominicans are selling their crafts and souvenirs. These areas do not belong to the Resorts and if you decide to go there it is on your own risk. However a simple “no, thank you” shall be enough in case you do not want to buy anything and keep walking along the beach.

Our entertainment team is a friendly crowd and respects our guests and they do not push anyone to take part at the activities.

At the buffet all the food is labelled correctly and our concierge has a prepared letter for allergies, which shall be used in the a la carte restaurants and buffet.

Our dress code can be found on our webpage under the Restaurant and Dining option and as well on our Facebook page.

Again please accept our sincere apologies and we hope, that one day we are able to welcome you back.

Sunny regards from the Dominican Republic,

Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Now Larimar is a first class resort. From the beach, the pools, the restaurants to the staff, the oeverall service and experience was worth every dollar spent. Mind you, I upgraded to a preferred suite, but the added treats of free wi-fi, expanded room service menu, and balcony jacuzzi facing the ocean was a great decision.

I enjoyed the food especially the seafood. The food was always fresh, tasty and readily available. The servers at the restaurants, bars, beach and poolside were extremely personable, accommodating and took great care of the guests.
For entertainment, the daytime poolside activity hosts were energetic and fun while the night time staff kept you dancing on your feet.

Having visited as part of a destination wedding, I was very impressed at the coordination and execution of the wedding staff. They facilitated the event in a way that the newlyweds could just focus on their special day.

Overall, Now Larimar is a beautifully kept and maintained resort that is ideal for hosting a destination wedding group because it caters to everyone to leave a lasting memorable experience.

Room Tip: Upgrading to preferred oceanview/side is recommended to enjoy the benefits and perks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our family of six stayed at Now Larimar at the end of October. It was our first all inclusive experience since we generally cruise instead. We received a great price on this resort so we thought we would give it a try. Overall the resort grounds were wonderful. Nice, lush and well kept. The beach was decent – warm water to swim in and the weeds didn’t bother us much. They do a nice job of cleaning up the weeds that come ashore each morning.
We were in the preferred area - The rooms were clean but showing some wear and tear (cracked tiles/mold on lampshade/sloppy paint job) - I can certainly deal with that as long as it is clean. We had two rooms and one of them had such a musty smell it almost made us sick. I did notice that all of our clothes/shoes all smelled of that musty smell when we got back.
I had read a lot in reviews about people getting sick at this resort and it was a big concern of mine. We were very careful – following all the instructions on what to stay away from. That said, both my son and I got sick on the last day (flying home with that is not fun). I ended up having a parasite and needed antibiotics. I was sick for nearly two weeks. There is something to the fact that so many reviews mention getting sick. I tried to overlook that and booked anyway. Wish I had gone somewhere else.
Tips:
It seems the price you pay for an upgrade to preferred rooms can differ. I was quoted different prices before we arrived and after. I heard another guest be quoted more than me when I was at the front desk waiting on something else.
I would get a pool view; or upper level with the tropical view. Our first floor view was of a fence with barbed wire on it. Also the path the staff would get to the beach bars/restaurant was about 5 steps away from our patio door. Constant traffic on it.
I would not wear a white swimsuit. Both mine and my daughters turned a particular color of green. Similar to the green of the pool.
Ensure you lock up your valuables. Many people in your room, several times a day. More than once our patio door was left unlocked. It was something we checked each time we left the room.
Lastly, bring Imodium (we did thankfully).
To Now Larimar management – your location, grounds and buildings are beautiful. Your entertainment staff is fun and engaging. The fixes you are doing in the rooms seem like you are doing quick fixes to mask the issue rather than correcting it. I could see this place losing the beauty quickly if that continues. And please, figure out what is making people sick at your resort. If you did, I would be back.

Room Tip: I would stay away from first floor, some have commented on the musty smell in those rooms. I woul...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Now Larimar, Punta Cana on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. We sincerely apologize that your stay on this occasion was a disappointing one. Your comments are very important to us.

We would be delighted to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to email us at Email info.nolpc@nowresorts.com

Akron, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

One of the most relaxing vacations that the family has ever had was at this resort. The staff is well trained and friendly. The Entertainment team offers lots of activities. When my budding artist of a daughter showed up a few minutes late to a painting lesson, the instructor arranged for her to have a private lesson the next day. That instructors generosity was the highlight of my daughter's vacation and we now have a beatiful tropical painting to hang in our home. Thanks!

Cinthia! Isabel, Mickie, Chiquilin and Gabino had lots of fun things inwhich the rest of the family could partake. Thanks everyone!

Marlboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a very fun filled time at Now Larimar. We loved our beach server Luis Antonio. He was such a great and helpful man. Ysabel was so much fun with the Entertainment team. She got us involved in many activities. Ramone was a very caring server at the Castaway restaurant. The staff is very attentive overall. The beach activities are amazing. Rosa was a wonderful server at the pool area. The beds were comfortable. The only complaint is the food and drinks were very average. Also, if you are travelling with your family, the lack of privacy in the bathroom area is challenging. The restaurants want the men to wear slacks in the evening and my husband and group we were travelling with only brought one pair. Women can get away with capris or nice shorts. Overall lots of fun especially travelling in a group!!

Room Tip: Get two rooms if you have more then two people in your room!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!