“Excellente” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #13 of 101 hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“Excellente”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel from 11/24 to 12/1 and we really like it. Everything was excellent food was great, staff were welcoming, loved every shows at night. They had five or six restaurants and we tried them all and they were great but most of all we liked buffet they had more choices to kids always. The room service was good. Beach was beautiful, ocean was great. Weather was hot and sunny. I don't get why people write bad reviews??? We had everything what we expected from this vocation. We went for one week and we definitely going back next year even for two, and recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to visit Punta Cana!!!

• Stayed November 2012

6,636 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,828)
  • Polish first
Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay and were glad to have upgraded to the Preferred Club for the extras and to be close to the beach and pools. The resort is clean and well maintained. The a la carte restaurants were great! The buffets were also good with plenty of choices. The preferred pools are fantastic to relax and get away from the crowds but the main pools are filled with activities if you like to get involved and have fun. The staff definitely aim to please and are very friendly. Our only comment is that they lack consistency in some areas. We travelled as a family of four but some days we only got three towels in our bathroom, some days we were missing facecloths....but not a huge deal considering the resort is generally great! The nightly entertainment was impressive and the spa was wonderful!!!! For those concerned about the bathrooms and privacy...the wall is partially open to the rest of the room....just above the mirror but is enclosed with walls and a door so not really a big deal. You receive a daily itinerary in your room each night of the next day's schedule of activities, daily special drink, nightly entertainment, list of what is going on in casino daily, etc. The beds are hard but we got used to them.....and have had worse in other hotels! We would recommend this hotel to couples and families....if you want a more quiet or romantic holiday the affiliated 'Secrets' hotel is connected next door and Secrets guests have full use of both resorts amenities. We had a great family holiday with friends that also came along with their kids......and had a fabulous vacation!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I'll keep it short and sweet

Hotel is amazing
Stayed in an oceanfront suite 1300 sq.ft. (BEAUTIFUL)
The room has some strange bugs in the small bathroom, but no big deal
Room smelled musty and moldy due to them not having dehumidifiers.
Air conditioning helped, but sleeping on the bed was almost like a sponge due to humidity.
NOW LARIMAR -- You need dehumidifiers!!!!!
Rooms were clean and nice. We had something called a pillow menu, but never was offered it.

Restaurants were very nice with great food
The casino was fun -- Roulette table was kinda "questionable". No magnets or anything, but I've never seen a ball get stuck for 5 minutes before it landed
The entertainment was fun and interesting.
The nightclub was enjoyable

Jacuzzi on the terrace was addictive

Efrain, our butler was the best part about our trip. He really hooked us up with everything we needed. He went above and beyond to make us very happy vacationers.

Drinks were almost always perfect
The beach was magnificent
The water had seaweed one day, but gone the rest. They are constantly cleaning it. I was amazed on how diligently they keep at cleaning it

The pools were very nice and there's always a bite to eat nearby

The service couldn't be better at this hotel.

Excursions were exciting

Room service food was "iffy". Stay away from the BLT and Fish. Order the tomato soup and pizza. They are both very good.

The scenery between and around the hotel building is very pretty.

It was an awesome time, and I definitely would return if they put dehumidifiers in the room.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room. It's worth it!
coronation
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We just got back from trip with another couple. We loved the very friendly people of dominican. Now Larimar is very clean and beautiful hotel. We got room deal of day with west jet and were put in back resort away from beach. We have our own pool area which was quiter than main ones. Our room overlooked pool and was very nice. I like being closer to ocean but the quieter pool was good too. They had shuttle to main are and was nice walk. Lotsof activities to do and drinks vere great. We ate mainly at buffets and food was very good. Beach was very beautiflu and lots sunshine or huts to sit under. We had few showers butonly last 15 min.

Room Tip: Quieter were in back we in 7300's if want extra's preferred club looks good but pay more.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Really had a great time in this resort. Not always 100% perfect but nothing that you would sweat over.this is going to be a long review so apologies in advance:)
Arrived late at night about 10.30pm and were quickly checked into our pool view preferred room( on a higher floor with king size bed which was huuugggee!! Thanks to Marcelino getting my requests) offered a drink and directed to our room straight away.
Had a quick look around,a few drinks and on the prowl for food as we're pretty hungry after a long journey. We were told we could order room service 24hrs but chose the sports bar midnight snacks, from 12-2 nightly, with burgers, hotdogs, pizza, fries and little sandwiches we frequented here often on the way back to our room after the club.they were good!!
Woke up next morning to beautiful sunshine, explored the beautiful beach, lovely pools, lively main pool and more chilled at the preferred. Grounds very nice and staff constantly working to keep it that way.
Food- I was very worried about this after some bad reviews but I was very pleasantly surprised. We ate in all restaurants, menu choice and food quality good in all. Our fave was Capers, followed closely by Spice. Ate in both twice, a la carte and teppanyaki table in spice, was best teppanyaki food I've ever had and I've been in about 6, just full of flavour. Saltinbocca and carpaccio in capers great. Decent steak and ribs in blue water grill. French was just ok but maybe I was expecting more. Breakfast was ok, I didn't like the buffet room as felt like a cafeteria so chose to eat in castaways, nicer environment but less choice. Never got good service in the buffet, ate twice as hubby didn't want to wear long pants and shoes but didn't seat us in preferred area, second time we had to ask to a big sigh as a response. Castaways good lunch but would like more choice, love the shrimp and fish skewer, hubby loved the hotdogs at the grill.
Service- sometimes sketchy in restaurants unless they know you already so takes a few days till your treated as well as you should from the beginning. Some staff stood out immediately as really enjoying their jobs, Rose, Carlos, Jerebeen at castaways. Gabriel, Marcelino and really all the girls in preferred always so friendly. The best was the lobby bar, Lenny, Felix and Loius so happy in their work, they work as a great team, working fast and multitasking when busy bar and putting on a great show, entertaining the guests and being very attentive when quieter. To be honest if you needed anything anywhere staff really went out of their way. The only exception being the housekeeping, we didn't have bathrobes so asked every day and took. 3 days to get them, they then disappeared after day 8 never to return. We had no turndown 3 or 4 times and while it doesn't really bother me we didn't once have any room decor, towel animals, rose petal baths etc that others have mentioned. Ok that's not gonna ruin my trip but its something I know is important to some.
Entertainment-I don't really participate in the pool games etc but they were funny to watch sometimes and there were quiter areas if you really don't want to be involved. I did do morning yoga on the beach most days and aquarobica a few times. Chocolate was the best at this and Eddie Murphy was ok although a little Over the top to the point of rude at times.
Evening entertainment was nice, some good musicians in the lobby or plaza for low key entertainment as a few good shows in between the usual silly resort games that aren't really my scene. The fire show at the beach was good, Jeerk was different, we were there for their first night and the hype was fabulous, they walked around the pool area in the day with big burly security guards, had big red carpet reception with paparazzi and appletinis and a big limo like a movie premier feel, was very funny but the show wasn't really up to the hype. After 2 rock songs it turned into a 'stomp, type tap show, better than usual resort shows but I wouldn't go twice and it wasn't what I was expecting. Magic show was ok too but the best really was the Circus show, extremely impressive, even if you don't normally do the show thing do not miss this.
Nightclub was probably my favourite hotel nightclub ever mainly due to the outdoor location. It meant we could watch but not have to be in the middle of a sweaty dance floor as my husband does not do dancing:) also there is a little pool which you.re not allowed to swim in:( but is great to sit and paddle your feet. The music was nearly always good although the last couple of nights was more Spanish based which would be fine if it was filling the dancer look but it wasn't then they would play something more dance/pop and the dance floor would fill then they went straight back to the Spanish music and dance floor emptied. Didn't get it and was a shame because we ended up going back to the room earlier last couple of nights.
Highlights- wasn't going to do any excursions but after trying out the Segway on the beach I was hooked and had to do that. The beach you go to is Amazing, like stepping into a postcard. I loved the Segway and the trip was fun. The quality of food and drink in one of the best AI we,ve been on for a great price. I liked preferred club but if price s an issue you could easily do without although I liked the perks it gave me, sushi and canapés before dinner, breakfast in castaways and outside jacuzzi. Lobby bar staff entertained us the whole trip, will miss them most.
Downsides- restaurant service in a la cartes was sketchy. Always seemed to a lot of 'big bosses' about but they seemed to do little. Didn't get any personal concierge treatment in our room and housekeeping was also impersonal. Wanted to order good red wine and ay extra but returned because all red wine s kept in fridge with white, they offered to run it under hot water for me !!!
Also they clear the bars well before closing time so what you want is not available. I also think preferred club closes too early at 11pm as I would like to go after dinner and shows for dessert and nightcap but they clear the desserts and start putting away drinks from 10.30.
We did get to experience a day in secrets next door, if I had the money I would pay it, the peace and quiet, the lazy river, the restaurants even better and very beautifully done out, the beach bar, the atmosphere just felt a notch up however it would also be nice then to go to now in the evenings for a livelier entertainment scene and more choices to eat. It was really a great end to our holiday.

Room Tip: Top floor preferred pool view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Resident Manage... A, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you for the honest feedback. We encourage feedback whether positive or negative as this allows us the opportunity to improve our service and quality levels.

We are glad that you and your husaband enjoyed your vacation, that you did not want to leave. Unfortunately one cannot please everyone 100% of the time but our team does try their best to do just that. We are glad that we not only met but exceeded your expectations.

We wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Sunny greetings from Now Larimar Punta Cana!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The “Now Larimer” is Now the place that we will recommend to all of our friends that want to visit Punta Cana. The resort is beautiful, rooms are nice, the staff is very friendly, and the activity staff “JC” will try, but not push you to get involved in the numerous activities that they offer throughout the day.

We arrived late Saturday night 11/24/2012, and were immediately greeted by a Security Guard posted at the Front door. After checking in we were escorted to our room by a Bellman who made us fill very welcome. We had a nice clean room with a pool view which is exactly what I asked for. However, I would recommend they add more color and décor to the room, it appeared to be plain.

The food was good, lots of choices. Our favorite was Capers. The staff was awesome, Zoris the Hostess was always very pleasant when we arrived, and the waiter Ruben was very professional, and remembered us, which made us feel very welcome. Our favorite Bar was the by the main pool, the bartender Martinez was the best always had a big smile, and great attitude, and never let our drinks get low.

We started each night at the Lobby bar. The team that they have there is the best, they go above and beyond to make you feel like you are at your local bar. Our bartender there was Lenny he has a great attitude, and seems to love his job!!

The beach is nice and the activity area is where I met Joel, another great Team Member he taught me how to sail the Hobie Cat. I think he was sorry he did that because I had to sailed every day.

As far as snorkeling it’s not the best, we did a day trip to Catalina Island on the Caribbean side I would not recommend it. We left at 7:00am and didn’t get back until 8:00pm and the snorkeling was not good. The best snorkeling was from the activity booth we snorkeled not far from the beach, and then went and swam with the nurse sharks and manta rays.

Overall we had a great time and loved the Resort, and we plan on returning.

Chuck & Sabrina from Las Vegas

Room Tip: Book a pool view its just nice to get up sit on the balcony and have coffee or read with a nice view...
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for giving us 'full marks' in your review of your stay at Now Larimar Punta Cana. It had been wonderful to read of your comments regarding your welcome to the hotel, as this is something all of our team members regard as being extremely important in creating a lasting first impression.

Thank you for taking advantage of our Pool view room and we are very grateful you would not hesitate to recommending our hotel to your Friends and Family. Thank you!

Please let us know if we can personally be of any further assistance in the meantime and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff was amazing! The restaurant/ buffet staff Jose Osualdo and Osvaldo Natera were just wonderful and friendly...did what ever it takes to make your stay great.
Entertainment staff: Fabio Vasquez R was just a joy...so friendly and again what ever it takes attitude to make the stay memorable.
As its said in Punta Cana MOST EXCELLENTE !

NOTE: all the restaurants require men to have long pants and collar shirts and ladies no shorts or flip flops. If you don't have this attire then the Buffet is the restaurant you will be eating at every night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to welcome you to the Now Larimar Punta Cana and we are thrilled that you had a fantastic time due to our wonderful staff.

We hope that it won’t be too long until we welcome you back to the Now Larimar Punta Cana.

With best wishes,

Now Larimar Punta Cana

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!