“NOW Larimar was excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #13 of 101 Hotels in Punta Cana
Edmonton, Canada
“NOW Larimar was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I went with our children to the NOW Larimar Nov 19 - 28, 2012. We stayed in the preferred club room 1358. I must say that it is definately worth the few extra dollars to get bumped up to preferred. We were treated very well. The regular Larimar rooms are far away and you need to take a golf cart trolly to get back and forth. Also it is about a 15 minute walk to the beach. The preferred building are right on the beach.

Our nightly turn down housekeeper was amazing. She spoke minimal english but was excellent to try and taught us a lot. I wish I could remember her name but all remember is it starts with a Y. She is pregnant and works very hard. If you are headed there and will be in that area could you please ask her last name. I would really like to send her some things for her new baby. The morning housekeeper was very good too. She folded our dirty clothes we had in a pile on the floor. She made sure our room was very tidy.

The food at the resort was good. We never got sick at all. We had our 2 children (ages 1 1/2 and 3) with us and they were good too. The only thing I would say is that there is not enough choices for plain food for children. The one thing that is different is that if you like 2% milk you wont find it here. My parent joined us a few days later and my father really missed his tea with 2% milk. The Spice restaurant was excellent. Make reservations as soon as you get there. The other restaurnat require formal dress so we did not go. We had friends that went to Capers and the french restaurant and said they did not like it.

My husband and I were there on our honeymoon hence the reason my parents came along. We got the honeymoon package for free and received a couples massage (we didnt realize till we were laying on the massage beds they want you naked but covered with a sheet lol) it was awesome, we had a dinner on the beach (amazing), breakfast in bed was awesome. We never did receive the flowers in our room or "petit fours" each night. There was a lot of mix up with different things we requested and we did need to ask numerous times for some things. There is a daily brouchure out that has the honeymooners, anniversary, birthday names in it and we had to ask 5 times before we got our name in it.

In the Dominican the humidity is very high. You clothes will feel damp all the time and take a few days to dry when wet.

All in all the trip was great. The staff were great with our children. We are looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: The preferred club rooms are the best. The king size beds are great and very comfortable. We were...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Resident Manage... A, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to learn, that you enjoyed your Honeymoon vacation with us.

To answer your question about our excellent maids, we would like to inform you, that they are called Brenda and Yokasta. If you wish to get in contact with them you can send us an email to info.nolpc@nowresorts.com and we will forward your email to them.

We would like to apologize for the delayed post of your Honeymoon celebration in our daily Sundial and the never received Petit fours and Flowers in your room.

We hope, that despite the last mentioned issues you will still return to our Paradise here in the Caribbean.

Yours sincerely,

Now Larimar Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,854)
  • Polish first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed at Larimar last week of November. Decided to go with Preferred Club because it was so amazingly advertised and the price was very affordable. At the end of the day Preferred Club or not, didn't make a huge difference.

1 - Pick a room that is NOT on the first floor. We were moved into a pool view room on the first floor, but basically were looking at the bushes, not the pool. :) Asked to be moved somewhere higher and the next day we got our wish. 2nd floor, pool view room was pretty sweet! Although, if you want to sleep well, pick a room on the highest floor, so no one walks, runs and moves furniture above you. Rooms were clean and fresh. We saw an occasional bug here and there, but again, this is paradise, they do run around. :)

2 - Preferred Club has their own lounge with premium alcohol, coffee machine and yummy treats. The area is done-up nicely, small and quite for those that want to relax a little. The pools that belong to the Preferred Club are pretty small, so if you are just interested in lounging around and now swimming in the pool, it isn't that big of a deal. Preferred Club also has their own space on the beach with comfier chairs. We've never used it, so didn't see a big difference between the "regular peoples'" beach area. :) In the buffer there was a special area for Preferred Club as well, which was nice on occasion.

3 - One of the best entertainments we've seen. Three shows stood out in particular - Michael Jackson show the resort put together. It was nicely choreographed, they just need to work on the sound a little, but if you like MJ, you will enjoy the show. Magician show was also pretty fun and different to watch. The best of them all was the show put together by Swedish group Jeerk. It was a mix of new age tap dancing, rock music and BlueMan-remake. Watching those guys perform was great! The club was also great nightly entertainment for those that like to stay up late and get their groove on. :)

4 - The food was good, although lack of choice from breakfast to lunch, to dinner was a little disappointing. Also hoped to see more variety of fruits, but that didn't happen. But if you do have a sweet tooth, then you are in for great enjoyment especially if you are going to the buffer for dinners. All a la cartes were nice as well, we haven't had any issues with upset stomach what so ever. Food was fresh, cooked well and delicious.

5 - The beach would have been nice if not for the little storm/wind we had for the first several days. Water was full of weeds and if you are like me, and hate floating grass around you and muddy water - keep to the pool. :) Pools are clean and kept that way. Saw workers checking chlorine levels couple of times a day, every single day.

At the end of it all, we've loved the stay. Grounds are beautiful, kept clean and nice looking. The hotel likes adding little details for that "wow" factor everywhere because at the end of the day little details make the big picture. So if it is your birthday, honeymoon or anniversary, let them know and there will be a nice touch added to your door. :)

Room Tip: Pool or Ocean view rooms on the higher floors are the ones to pick if you would like to enjoy the vi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very positive review of our Resort, we are delighted you had enjoyed this stay overall and thank you for choosing Now Larimar Punta Cana as your 'home away from home' for this getaway to Punta Cana.

We are sorry however that you had found our rooms on the first floor not convenient although we appreciate not everybody will come away with the same impression and we would like to thank you for making us aware of your feedback.

Whilst not all of our guest rooms look out onto the Ocean, we do offer rooms that would include Partial Ocean views, views of the Pool and the Gardens, and so there is a degree of variety in the views we can offer.

We hope that there will be an opportunity in the near future for us to welcome you back to the resort and in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us if our team and I can be of any further assistance.

Warm regards,
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in the NOW for one week 11/22/12-11/29/12 in Preferred Club rooms. We had a great time! The rooms were clean. All room amenities worked good. Our younger son, 8 years old, loved the Explorer's Club. I specially want to thank Griselda, Yaojel, Ulariel and Alarilyo for their great work with kids. Excellente!
The restaurants had a good variety of vegetables, fruits, dairy products, meat and fish, pasta and pizza, etc.. David, our waiter, was excelent. He was friendly, served fast and made our dinner time pleasant. Special thanks to David.

Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

We take great pleasure in looking after you and we are thrilled to read your comments on both our team and facilities. We do look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for such kind feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Farmington, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I got back from my trip a week ago and it was the best vacation I have been on! Check in was fast and painless as we were Perferred Club even with a large party checking in at the same time. Marcellino was excellent and any question that came up he quickly got them straitened out. The preferred club lounge was nice. I would check my email or get a snack or drink. The staff there was excellent. We got in around noon and they already had our room ready. Manuel was excellent! Everyday he had a big smile on his face and was very helpfull in whatever we needed. The room was nice had everything we needed plus they stocked our fridge every day. It was good since I drink alot of water. The cleaning ladies were good, they stocked everyday and turned down the beds every night. The bar staff was entertaining and friendly. I absolutely loved Solame! She was very attentive and down to earth. The entertainment group were amazing especially Yerika and Fransico. If you go you must see the circus, it is like cirque de solei style. The food was alright. Didn't try the japanese place since we heard it wasn't worth the wait. The buffet style think it was called carnival was good. There is a big selection but by the end it got a little boring. The only problem there was that there is a preferred section and we only got sat there 3 times. The other sections just seemed alot louder and more kids were running around. David and his partner were really good. I had asked for a chocolate martini thinking they made it there and they didn't. So he went to the bar and brought me one! Really how many waiters would really do that????? None here. The outside place for breakfast was good. It was nice to eat breakfast and look at the ocean. It seemed like everyone we came into contact with was amazing. Larmiar puts alot of training into their staff and it shows. The beach was gorgeous and when we walked down by the other resorts their beach was not half as clean as ours was. We did actually take a tour of secrets and wasn't impressed would definetely go back to Larimar. What I did notice is that alot of people do not tip. I know it is all inclusive but dominicans work really hard and long hours and they appreciate anything they get. We tipped everyone and no one expected it. Whether it was a dollar or five dollars they really appreciated it. You don't get that here. If I could I would bring all the staff that I came into contact with home with me. They are what made my trip so amazing and what I think actually makes the Now Larimar. The big boss' on the other hand I was disappointed in. I saw several of them on different occasions and they weren't friendly. I had to actually get out of the way walking for one of them. it is good that they don't implement lead by example otherwise I think we would have had a completely different experience. The big boss's really need to take some lessons from their staff! So for that reason I couldn't give 5 star. I hope this helps and have a great trip

Room Tip: Preferred Club all the way, bottom rooms you can hear the people above you.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the NOW from 11/12/12-11/19/12 and it was amazing. We traveled there with a group of 5 including our two kids 5 and 1yr old. We also had our wedding there on 11/17/12. I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Check in: A little confusing because I had no clue we were Preferred Club but I guess it was an upgrade. We arrived at the resort a little early so we had to wait for our room but it wasn't bad, I just had wished we packed our swim stuff in our carry on. Anyway, the staff at check in were awesome. My kids were running amuck from the long trip and the staff made sure to take time and to play and talk to them. Staff was great. Once our room was ready we discovered that there was a mistake with my mother in laws room but that was quickly fixed.

Rooms: Nice and comfy. A little wear n tear here and there but nothing major. Still beautiful. We all slept very well. We were very impressed with housekeeping. Juanita kept our rooms nice and clean and she even did little cute designs on different days.

Grounds: Words can't describe.....gorgeous!!!! The staff works their tails off to keep this place AMAZING!

Activities for kids: My 5 yr. old loved the Explorers club. Very kid friendly which is one of the reasons we picked this resort.

Service and Staff: The staff was very attentive to every little thing we ever needed. Anything we needed we got right away. We were very impressed with this. I cannot say enough about the workers at this resort. They all are so upbeat and happy to give you whatever you need. Please try to give these people a buck or two, they work long hours and still have positive attitudes all day and all night and they are extremely appreciative for anything you give them but they don't expect.

Food: Ahhhh.....the one reason this resort will not get a fifth green dot from me. All 5 of us got sick. Not quite sure how but we just took some meds and tried to shake it. We decided to stick with the Carnival Cafe but suffered from about the middle of our stay till we got home. Big frownee face for that. Not saying the food was awful but alas WE GOT SICK!

WEDDING: THE MOST AMAZING DAY OF OUR LIVES BESIDES HAVING OUR KIDS! I'll just keep it at that because words don't do the wedding staff justice. JUST ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

So, would I stay again?
Well, I'm not sure. As mentioned above, all 5 of us got ill with some type of stomach thing. Not quite sure from what but enough to scare me into giving another resort a try in good ole Punta Cana. Don't get it twisted folks this place was amazing but if we ever returned to Punta Cana it might behoove us to venture to different places.

Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have returned from another fabulous vacation at the Now Larimar. Marcelino once again was a great host, we were treated like family and Eferin was an amazing butler. Derlois greated us with open arms as did Erica when we went to the Spice Restaurant. During breakfast David was very attentive with his smile and awsome attitude. Rosa Maria did our turndown at night and we were very happy to see her smiling face and happy attitude. We enjoyed all the food and met some very nice people during our trip. We will be returning again in March and are looking forward to seeing all our family again.

Room Tip: The preferred club rooms are very nice and close to the beach and your private pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Pools were clean, beach was nice , entertainment was good but after that not much to do other than the club. They have a bowling lane but you need socks to play ( I don't bring socks on vacation ) food was ok typical of the area .. Room was nice our room was very damp even with the air on ... Grounds were nice and having breakfast on the patio area next to the fountain was nice .. I'd recommend going

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!