“Our Amazing Wedding & stay with our kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #14 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Our Amazing Wedding & stay with our kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at the NOW from 11/12/12-11/19/12 and it was amazing. We traveled there with a group of 5 including our two kids 5 and 1yr old. We also had our wedding there on 11/17/12. I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Check in: A little confusing because I had no clue we were Preferred Club but I guess it was an upgrade. We arrived at the resort a little early so we had to wait for our room but it wasn't bad, I just had wished we packed our swim stuff in our carry on. Anyway, the staff at check in were awesome. My kids were running amuck from the long trip and the staff made sure to take time and to play and talk to them. Staff was great. Once our room was ready we discovered that there was a mistake with my mother in laws room but that was quickly fixed.

Rooms: Nice and comfy. A little wear n tear here and there but nothing major. Still beautiful. We all slept very well. We were very impressed with housekeeping. Juanita kept our rooms nice and clean and she even did little cute designs on different days.

Grounds: Words can't describe.....gorgeous!!!! The staff works their tails off to keep this place AMAZING!

Activities for kids: My 5 yr. old loved the Explorers club. Very kid friendly which is one of the reasons we picked this resort.

Service and Staff: The staff was very attentive to every little thing we ever needed. Anything we needed we got right away. We were very impressed with this. I cannot say enough about the workers at this resort. They all are so upbeat and happy to give you whatever you need. Please try to give these people a buck or two, they work long hours and still have positive attitudes all day and all night and they are extremely appreciative for anything you give them but they don't expect.

Food: Ahhhh.....the one reason this resort will not get a fifth green dot from me. All 5 of us got sick. Not quite sure how but we just took some meds and tried to shake it. We decided to stick with the Carnival Cafe but suffered from about the middle of our stay till we got home. Big frownee face for that. Not saying the food was awful but alas WE GOT SICK!

WEDDING: THE MOST AMAZING DAY OF OUR LIVES BESIDES HAVING OUR KIDS! I'll just keep it at that because words don't do the wedding staff justice. JUST ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

So, would I stay again?
Well, I'm not sure. As mentioned above, all 5 of us got ill with some type of stomach thing. Not quite sure from what but enough to scare me into giving another resort a try in good ole Punta Cana. Don't get it twisted folks this place was amazing but if we ever returned to Punta Cana it might behoove us to venture to different places.

6,419 people have reviewed this hotel

2067
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,750)
  • Polish first
Kincardine, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have returned from another fabulous vacation at the Now Larimar. Marcelino once again was a great host, we were treated like family and Eferin was an amazing butler. Derlois greated us with open arms as did Erica when we went to the Spice Restaurant. During breakfast David was very attentive with his smile and awsome attitude. Rosa Maria did our turndown at night and we were very happy to see her smiling face and happy attitude. We enjoyed all the food and met some very nice people during our trip. We will be returning again in March and are looking forward to seeing all our family again.

Room Tip: The preferred club rooms are very nice and close to the beach and your private pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Pools were clean, beach was nice , entertainment was good but after that not much to do other than the club. They have a bowling lane but you need socks to play ( I don't bring socks on vacation ) food was ok typical of the area .. Room was nice our room was very damp even with the air on ... Grounds were nice and having breakfast on the patio area next to the fountain was nice .. I'd recommend going

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Joplin, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Nice property, great beach, terrific entertainment crew but after that it was less than what we expected. The food service was as bad as I have seen anywhere. You would ask for something and the waiter would disappear never to be seen again. It isn't like they were not understanding me because I was speaking spanish so they just flat did not care. If that were the case once or twice I would not be so hard on them but this happened multiple times a day and I know I wasn't the only one complaining about it. The bath didn't work in one of my rooms and it was never fixed, the hot tubs at the pools were out of order (REALLY!!!!!), and the mattresses were as bad as any I have ever slept on. As for the food quality, it was okay at best. They tried hard in presentation but then failed to deliver a great meal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Resident Manage... A, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We take all your comments very seriously, and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We are disappointed to learn that you felt there was a lack of staff concern.

Considering the number of things you felt were deficient, any one of our managers would have welcomed the opportunity to discuss your concerns in person while you were onsite so we could have addressed these concerns.

Our team takes great pride in our product and service execution and we are very disappointed that you perceived your stay so poorly. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and we will continue to work on improving our offerings.

We do hope that we are afforded the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful resort so we may restore your faith in our hospitality.

Yours sincerely,

Now Larimar Punta Cana
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My family and I had an excellent vacation at the Now Larimar! In my opinion, people that complain in this resort either run into the wrong staff (everyone we dealt with was very nice and helpful, minibar was stocked daily, our cleaning lady was wonderful, my drinks weren't watered down, etc., etc.) or don't have an open mind. I think one should keep in mind that they are not in Europe, the US or Canada, standards are different, which is the charming part of vacationing abroad. Also, pay double the price and then maybe you find what you are looking for; you get what you pay for.

Some reviewers commented on the Garden View rooms. I do believe the tour operators should be more clear about the location of these rooms in the descriptions of the hotel and I do admit thinking: "Where are they sending us???" when we checked in ... At first we considered moving to the main part but as a family with young children, we loved everything about the garden view part of this resort and I'm glad we stayed. First of all the accommodation is brand new, the garden and the pool were lovely and SO QUIET. What turned me off in the main area were the full pools, noisy entertainment and people EVERYWHERE. The walk from garden view is only 7 or 8 minutes and the golf carts are driving on and off.

I recommend this resort and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Garden view if you're looking to spend a nice and relaxing vacation.
Erin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The NOW Larimar is a beautiful resort with well-appointed rooms and a beautiful beach.
We paid extra for the Preferred Service so we could use the two preferred beach areas and swimming pools and have preferred seating in the buffet. The building that we stayed in was also the closest to the beach.
Best points:
* Food was really good except for the Grille restaurant
* The beach area was clean (men were picking up seaweed constantly)
* The entertainment people were energetic and friendly and not too pushy
* Mercedes (beach bar-maid) was hard working and very friendly
* Juan Pablo (Spice Restaurant) was particularly friendly and attentive
* the size of the complex makes it easy to walk to all the restaurants and the main lobby - we never ventured to the part close to the road which would have been far from the beach
* it rained several times and they were quick to wick away the water
* this whole hotel is very clean - lots of people paying close attention to every detail
Unfortunate Points
* our room was extremely musty and we only had the room sprayed once (lasted about 4 hours) in the 10 days we were there, despite this being on the Preferred room service menu (we had to wash EVERYTHING when we got home and I had to Lysol the suitcases to lose the odour)
* waiters were friendly but not always as attentive and knowledgeable as they should have been
* there are many broken floor tiles - watch your step!
* there is no monitoring of towels, so they often ran out
* our maid forgot to put towels in our room a couple of times and the 'turn-down service' was only good if you left a tip
Although we would like to go back, we won't because of the odour of the rooms. We were on a second floor. We travel to the Caribbean a lot and know that some mustiness is expected, but this was extreme.

Room Tip: Away from pool, near beach, on top floor to avoid some of the mustiness.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I had a great time, the staff was so wonderful, they greeted us by our names. They have a great entertainment team. The resort was well manicured. The food was good and the waiters were great! We will differently go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple