“Fantastic resort with exceptional staff and wonderful facilites.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #14 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Phoenix, Arizona
“Fantastic resort with exceptional staff and wonderful facilites.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 7 days for a friends wedding and we had the best time. We stayed in the Preffered club and truly enjoyed the extra comfort that provided. Having a smaller less crowded pool and swim up bar was quite enjoyable. Johon and Jessika at the swim up bar were nothing less than FANTASTIC! They both were very outgoing and took the time to get to know us personally. By day two they already knew what we liked and as we approached the bar they would be getting the drinks ready. Jessika even came out on to the beach to serve me! Every person we encountered was so genuinely kind. The customer service was exceptional. I would go back in a heart beat!

Room Tip: We upgrqdaed to a master suite and it was spectacular! I have stayed in some high end hotels and thi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Resident_Mgr_Asst, Manager at Now Larimar Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on the Now Larimar Punta Cana and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are pleased to hear that our bartenders sourced the drinks for you. We do pride ourselves on going the extra mile to make sure our guests go away with good memories.

We will pass your kind comments to all the team and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Now Larimar Punta Cana on a future visit.

Warm regards,

6,349 people have reviewed this hotel

2037
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,715)
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I are never ones to go out of our way to post a review on a hotel. We have been to several all inclusives hotels all over from Mexico, Aruba, Bahamas, and Jamaica. This hotel was a nightmare from the beginning. We reserved our room through RCI which is a time share. We reserved an 'oceanfront" suite with the preferred club access. When we arrived, they had us booked for "tropical view." They said if we wanted to upgrade to an "ocean view" we would need to pay for the upgrade which would be $100 more a night. We asked to see the room which they abliged. The room was very far back on the resort and to see the ocean I had to lean over my balcony which also gave me a view on the balcony of the room next door. Apparently this hotel has a total of 20 rooms that are considered "oceanfront." We then asked if we could pay a total of $180 to get into an "ocean front" room. They said none were available because they were closed for maintenance? Never have I been denied the opportunity to upgrade especially when I am willing to pay extra! The food was awful, almost not edible at the Castaways which is their "beach front" restaurant. The mini bar in our room consisted of two HOT can of Presidente beer because our refrigerator did not work and they do not provide in room liquor like most all inclusive's.
The entire experience was a complete let down. At the end of the week, I was glad to be going home. Every day at NOW Larimar was one disappointment after another. I would not recommend this hotel nor this AMStar hotel chain to anyone.

Room Tip: There are only 20 ocean front rooms on this resort which are considered Master Suites. Everything el...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Now Larimar Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you suffered as a result of the issues you experienced with our Resort. We understand how frustrating this would have been for you. Maintenance is an area of our service that we continually focus on enhancing and so we take your feedback very seriously. We are following up with our team to ensure that we are providing our guests with immediate support should any issues arise. We are very sorry that your stay was marred in this way and we can assure you that the service issues you experienced will be investigated. Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and we do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Now Larimar Punta Cana in the future.

Kind regards,

Marina del Rey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We can here for a vacation over Halloween. The resort is huge, so make sure you get in a room close to the beach, otherwise your walking daily to get everywhere. Once at the beach get ready for beautiful soft sand and blue water.... Then get ready for the pool... But bring earplugs, they love loud local music and when you are trying to relax this is a major annoyance. Next highlight is the food, everywhere we ate was fantastic and quality food. As for the staff, everyone is great except for the staff who are the concierges at the restaurants... No matter what the weather is, you have to ( men ) be in long pants and shoes... Was told no exceptions, but observed several people were let in with shorts. May seem trivial, but when your on vacation and its hot out, pants and shoes??? Really annoying. Plus the girl concierge seemed to enjoy her authority in making me change.

Room Tip: Stayed in preferred club... Worth it for rooms by the beach and premium alcohol. Make sure you get...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Spent 2 weeks in this hotel which was set in a beutiful setting. We had a tropical garden room which was very good, clean & well appointed. The maid, (sorry I forgot your name but it was room 6310) made up the room every day & turned down the bed every night.
There were plenty sun beds with always plenty to spare & acres of space around any of thr 3 pools. The beach was just a few steps away from the bar area, with beutifull white sand & blue sea. All the activities & entertainment team were great, including everyone in activities, but not too pushy.
All the staff were great & always in a happy pleasent mood. Special thanks to Saverio & Aranaldo the chefs, Zoris, Alejandro & Angelina for making our stay very special.
I would have no reservations in highly recommending this hotel for both families & couples of all ages. If only all hotels were like this! Thanks again to all for a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Tropical garden rooms are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The 8 of us went on a girls' trip. We had a great time! Mercedes, Johan, Luis, Chocolate and Fabio Star were outstanding! I highly recommend the catamaran excursion, and ziplinig! Everyone is friendly and outgoing. Do remember to bring some cash with which to tip on their excellent service. We were never looked down on for not tipping, but the staff really does deserve a little something extra for the effort they put into their jobs. They work LONG hours! I do wish the food was a little more authentic, but I guess you would have complainers who would want "American food"...I really enjoyed learning about the culture there! The grounds were always kept in incredible shape. It was like the people there really did enjoy their jobs. Absolutely pay extra for premier or premium packages. It made coming and going MUCH easier and the VIP/Premier lounge was amazing (although they DO need some regulation on computers and internet... there were only two computers and people were inconsiderate as they sat on facebook or other websites while some people had emails to read, etc..and although there was a 5-hour-per-device complimentary password/username for VIP access, my roommate and I were not using the same device, so we had to let the time run out for 5 hours so the other one could use their internet. Not the best plan...) However, those are the only complaints, and really, they mean nothing when you're at this amazing getaway! Thanks to all of the staff, especially those mentioned, for the amazing service and entertainment!

Room Tip: Go premier/VIP!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I booked a trip to the Now Larimar Punta Cana from October 10th-17th after finding a deal through Bookit.com that made this trip unable to refuse.

Our flight in was great and security in the Punta Cana airport was a breeze. We checked in at the resort with no wait and things were looking awesome for us. However, the resort is huge and we found it a bit odd that no one escorted us to our room as this had been our experience in the past. We were able to find our room and our bags arrived shortly thereafter.

Upon arrival to our room, we noticed that the housekeeping crew had shorted us on pillows and that our TV remote was missing. We called the concierge and had new pillows and a remote within 15 minutes. Great service, though there was a language barrier as many employees spoke little to no English. We also noticed that the fridge didn't cool to our standards, but made do with it.

We had the Italian restaurant on our first night and the food was simply OK, so we were skeptical of the experience we would have for the remainder of our trip. However, we had the buffet for breakfast the next morning and found it to be amazing (had the same experience every subsequent morning as well), and the other specialty restaurants were fantastic. My wife loved the Bluewater and my favorite was Spice (Hibachi/Asian.) Lunch was typically very good and we had the buffet 3 days, the outdoor restaurant Castaways 2 days, and ate the beachside grill on one day.

The beach was AMAZING. I've been to the Bahamas multiple times,Jamaica multiple times, St Thomas and St Maarten. The sand was the softest white sand I've experienced anywhere. Please bear in mind that Punta Cana is technically in the Atlantic Ocean, so be prepared for a few more waves than typical Caribbean islands. However, I welcomed this and enjoyed it, as did my wife. The only negative about the beach was that there was excess seaweed the fest few days which the resort worked hard to remove. Service was great from the bar/wait staff. Luis Antonio "Banderas" took great care of us every day and made it a point to make sure we enjoyed ourselves.

The pool was also fantastic. Large and plenty of chairs/cabanas for everyone. As typical, the swim up bar was hopping every day but it was easy to get service.

There were always activities going in, and the Now Entertainment staff did a great job of getting everyone involved without pressuring. Our all time favorite employee was definitely 2Pac who was very friendly, engaging, and personable, not to mention highly comical. His buddy Julio (Julito) was also fantastic and they helped make this trip a great experience for us by keeping us very involved and entertained.

At night, we went to most of the shows. I typically find resort entertainment shows to be pretty cheesy, and while some of these had those quality, I found the Circus show and the Michael Jackson show to be highly entertaining. We also went to the Casino each night and received great service from the bar staff there. Note to blackjack players: this is not Vegas. They have their own nuances/rules which will freak you out at first but become second nature once you've experienced it. Our favorite dealer in the casino was Cindy who made sure all at her table were having a great time (even if she was taking their money).

The sports bar was also good and seemed to be a place where people gathered at night. My only negative was the lack of American football on TV.

The lobby bar was always crowded from dinner time inward, and service seemed to lag. That was my only true negative from this trip.

We booked an excursion through Buccaneros that let us rent a speedboat and then had snorkeling afterwards. This turned out to be a great experience as well, and my wife and I truly enjoyed both portions of the excursion.

If I could have this trip to do all over again, I would absolutely 100% return to the Now Larimar with no doubt.

• Stayed October 2012
Mansfield, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

First, let me say this review is a long time coming. We stayed last year during the Christmas Holiday. My husband and I travel every several years and we always stay at all-inclusive resorts. I will say we never complain about anything and try to make the most of each vacation. Arriving in DR: it is confusing, you are shuffled from one line to another and you have no idea what is going on; you have to just follow the crowd. We arrived at our hotel before 3 and could not check in to our room so we went to the bar and my husband got a drink. I am not a big drinker and all I wanted was a Coke, getting a Coke throughout the whole vacation was painful as whoever was waiting on my had to go to "another" bar to get me a Coke. The rooms, they were fine, nothing special but who goes on vacation to spend the day in the room. However, the beds are extremely hard.
Biggest complaint!!!!!!! When we travel we like to lounge in the pool. The pools were way too cold, nobody was in the pools the entire time we were there. The ocean was warmer than the pool.
The food. My husband spent most of the with an upset stomach and didn't eat much, this is the same man who would eat two steaks in Cancun. I do not like fish and everything tasted like seafood.
Overall, the DR is not for me. There is a huge language barrier. People will come up to you all day even while you are sleeping on the beach to offer you excursions. My suggestion....Go to Cancun.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!