“UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #14 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Stamford, CT
“UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We got back on Saturday from Now Larimar. First off, I like so many other was freaked out by the reviews before we went. Had so many anxieties about the food and being sick and the cleanliness. I have to say put it all to rest. The place was immaculate. I'm terrified of mosquitoes and bugs. There was none to be found. The food was unbelievable. Love the French Rest. the best of the Restaurants. The buffet was unbelievable. So many choices to chose from. We had seafood every day and the last night. They had an awesome Sushi station, enjoyed it thoroughly. We stayed in Preferred and believe me, it was worth the piece and quiet. Loved Ignacio and Salome at the Swim up bar. Made some unbelievable acquaintances from different places in the world. I could go on and on about the employees, Victor, Eddie, Esturia,Skarlyn, can't remember all the names, such wonderful hardworking ppl.
I guess everyone looks for different things. The important thing for my husband and I is the cleanliness, the ease of the resort, the staff and the food. We had it all in our week in Paradise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

6,346 people have reviewed this hotel

2036
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,714)
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My fiancé and I recently attended a friend's wedding which was held in the DR at Now Larimar. We upgraded to an ocean view preferred club and were there for a total of 5 days. In regards to the pros, the rooms and facilities were very clean. The pools, beach and grounds are well kept and nice. I know some of the other reviewers had issues with getting towels and seats, but we didn't have that issue. Drink service at the beach was prompt and reliable and the beach is a little bit seaweed-y, but beautiful. Now for the cons, which I'm afraid are multiple. When we checked in, we were told our room wouldn't be ready for an hour....and this was at 5:00 pm. So we sat around. When our room finally was ready (after we had to go back up and ask what the deal was), we were told that the bell hop would bring our luggage later. They had no one to actually bring it then, so we ended up just hauling it up ourselves. Even to check in in the "preferred club" required a 30 minute wait while we waited for someone. Again, just not an ideal way to start a vacation. When we got to the room, we realized our TV didn't work and then had to call twice for someone to fix it after no one came the first time. In addition, I was totally bummed when we walked in because this room is LOUD. If you face the pool/ocean for the better views, you should know that starting from about 9:00 am until 9:00 pm there is loud, loud music playing across the grounds, ranging from Celine Dion to merengue. No matter if you shut your veranda, you WILL hear it pulsating in your room. I felt like I was on a spring break carnival cruise the entire time....seriously, I have never been to a hotel that does that. My fiancé and I also did a couples massage for $250; mine was great but the woman doing his massage did not appear to have any formal training and kept pausing or skipping to random body parts to try to mimic my masseuse. Not good. In addition, every day our maid came to clean our room at 9:00 am.....and when every day, we asked her to come back a little later as we are on vacation and SLEEPING, she wouldn't come back until after 5:00 pm.
Finally, one of the biggest complaints that both we and all the other guests in the wedding party had is that you are constantly fending off people trying to either upsell you or just sell you things. The place feels like it is one constant hustle, from the moment you check in and are given a "200 dollar voucher" (which is impossible to figure out how to use), to the beach where men walk along and try to sell you various things, to the pool where even hotel employees come up and try to interest you in tours, pictures, etc. They really seem to have no respect for your quiet time or simply not wanting to talk. I was particularly upset when on our second night there the phone rang in the room and it was some gentlemen who wanted to know if "we were not having a good time" because we had missed some 9:00 am orientation/tour/signup for activities (which of course are additional cost). When I told him we were fine and on vacation and had no interest in meeting up at 9:00 in the morning to be sold activities, he proceeded to try to get me to give out the room numbers and names of all our wedding party as he wanted to call them to see about "scuba diving or snorkeling". When I wouldn't give him the list, he got very irritated. I ended up having to hang up on him.
All in all, I probably wouldn't have chosen this place to begin with unless someone was getting married, in which case I was happy to go. While we still had a good time because we were with friends and family, this resort is quite bad, not relaxing, and will only be enjoyed by someone who likely went on a spring break with their college buddies the year before.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from DR last week and totally miss it. I will say that I read alot of the negatives before going and was a little scared. The only thing true that was negative, was the beach towels. They did run out alot, but you can just walk over to other places, like preferred and get them. No biggie. Yes there is seaweed but they clean that up everyday.

Now for the Entertainment Staff, they were the best ever, love them and will differently keep into with them. It was nice because reading the reviews before going, I felt like I already knew them before going. Big shout out to Fabio Star, Tupac, Happy Face, Karen, Isabella and Chocolate. And to my Sunblock buddy, sorry forgot your name :/. Thanks to Angel in the Sports Bar, making those lovely Mamajuana shots, be careful with those hahaha. Happy Face thank you so much for getting us to paint those portraits on the day u guys did not do it. That was so sweet of you. Again thanks so much for everything, best vacation ever. Keep in touch :-)

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We had an dxcellente stAy at Larimar the now entertainment team were fantastic especially chocolate! The food was greAt we enjoyed the swim up pool at the bar the staff were very attentive and looked after our every need. The entertainment at night was good with lots of variety. The food offered plenty of variety and catered for all needs. Overall we really enjoyed our honeymoon here and would recommend it to any other couple on honeymoon .

• Stayed September 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a great time at the Now Larimar Punta Cana to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The staff was very friendly. The entertainment team was EXCELLENT- especially Karen, Eminem, Fabio, Gabino and Chocolate. It was important to them that we were all having an excellent time! The evening entertainment was great....Michael Jackson, a magician, local dancing, etc. The pool and beach was gorgeous!!!! Since we were there on off season (September) we had plenty of chairs to choose from around the pool and beach. The Eclipse nightclub was a lot of fun-again the entertainment team made sure to "get the party started". Housekeeping was very friendly and the nightly turn down service was excellent-we only tipped on the last day. The food was the only drawback. Mercure was very good and the buffet was okay but our favorite dinner was the private dinner on the beach-it was well worth the additional cost. It is definitely worth going back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The trip was Great from beginning to end! The bus was waiting at the airport to take us to the resort, knowing some spanish is def a plus for you! Hotel Staff is always happy, pleasant and willing to help! Entertainment Team at Resort was Excellente! Many applause to Fabio Star ;) Happy Face, 2pac, Karen, Chocolate! Join in the "crazy games" and different events they bring very fun times to your visit! Restaurants were ok, Mercure was the BEST (food and service) some seemed understaffed, but they were always hussling! Resort Extremely clean!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

All around, we had a great time at NOW. The Staff was fun, and for the most part, spoke well. The food was spotty...Spice (Japanese, Hibachi) was good and very generous. Also, Mercure (French) was tasty, although, not very "French". Buffets were plentiful and well stocked. We did feel the sweets were not very sweet. The nightly turn down with chocolates only happened if you tipped the housekeeper in the morning.

Happy Face, Eminem, Fabio, Gabino & Elvis made our stay fun and kept us busy! We would definitely go back!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!