“Relaxing family vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Larimar Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Now Larimar Punta Cana to your Saves list
Now Larimar Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. Alemania S/N , El Cortecito, Bavaro Beach | Provincia La Altagracia, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Relaxing family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from an amazing 7-day family vacation at Now Larimar Punta Cana. The resort lived up to our expectations and provided us with a very satisfying and relaxing vacation. We would definitely return to this resort.

The staff is excellent. Carlos, Marcilino, Efrain, Elizabeth (pool waitress) and Smiley (entertainment staff) were just some of the people we'll remember who went out of there way to always make sure we were enjoying our time.

We basically spent our entire vacation at the pool or the beach and both settings are absolutely beautiful. You really can't go wrong. We upgraded to the preferred club and it was definitely worth it. The location of our room (3rd floor Punta Cana Building) was perfectly situated to access all of the resort amenities. We enjoyed the time at the preferred club pools and definitely noticed better service and tastier drinks there.

The food is decent - I think you need to put it into perspective. It's not NYC or Las Vegas where you'll find the finest chefs, but there's definitely enough options to satisfy you. Really enjoyed the newer Windows restaurant as well as Spice and Blue Water Grill.

The daily entertainment is great as well. The staff works hard to keep the entertainment flowing and you can tell they are all having fun. It's nice to see.

Definitely reccommend the Now Larimar and we will hope to return there next year.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,861)
  • Polish first
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We recently returned from a 9 day family vacation at the Now Larimar resort in Punta Cana, all I can say is WOW! From the moment we checked in, we had people waiting on us hand and foot! When we arrived we were taken to the prefered club where Marcelino checked us in. We even had drinks waiting for us (they even opened them for us!). Everyone was so friendly and made us feel at home. Marcelino (one of our favorites) thoroughly explained the resort and its ammenities to us, he walked us to our room and talked to us a little more and our luggage arrived to our room shortly after. We stayed in the ocean front master suite, room 1491 and it was INCREDIBLE! First thing when you walk in all you see is ocean, ocean, ocean! The deck is also amazing including a breakfast table, two lounge chairs, and a wonderful jacuzzi hot tub which we used every night! But the view was the most incredible thing about the room. Our room had two bathrooms, a master bedroom attatched to a sitting room area that had a pull out couch where our teenage daughter slept; the bedrooms could be closed off however with sliding doors which made it nice to have our own sleeping space. The money we paid for the upgrade was beyond worth what we paid for it!!!!! The cleanliness of the hotel and grounds were quite phenomenal as well, never a palm tree branch out of place. The floors were contantly being mopped and garbage picked up off the beach! It made the experience even more pleasurable. I would definitely have to say that being part of the prefered club made things more luxurious. There are special beach areas, pools, and eating sections for the prefered club that let's say... get a little more service and attention. Then there is the prefered club lounge which is nice to go grab a bottle of water or some snacks. The beach is very beautiful with a lot of space so your not beach chair to beach chair with other people. The water is nice too, but there was quite a bit of debris and seaweed that gets washed in, which makes the water unpleasant to swim in at times. There is always a crew out on the beach though who work hard to keep the beach clean and we usually tried to tip them, but one guy gave them a bag of tootsie sucker pops and they were thrilled by them! We took many walks down the beach both ways and I have to say that it is very safe, one word of caution though is the people who will buzz around you to try and sell you stuff. If you're not interested just say no thanks and don't stop walking, if you are, never take their set price. My daughter went parasailing and the guy wanted $80 for two people but they eventually got the guy down to $50 for two. It get's a little annoying after a while but you do have to just remember that it's how these people make a living. The food was okay, it wasn't outstanding, but it wasn't terrible either. Our favorite restraunts were the Habatchi spice grill and the italian, the French restaurant was pretty good too (which is where we met Manuel Enrique, he was by far our favorite waiter! He loved us and took amazing care of us!) Our least favorite was the Bluewater Grill, the steaks and ribs were so fatty that they were unapitizing to eat, it was just a very dissapointing meal. We went to the buffet for dinner a few times and it was okay, the meals they cook you to order were the best (and the hottest!) We ate breakfast at the buffet every morning which was decent. The fruit is very good and fresh, and the cooked to order omletes were also very good. We went to the new part of the resort and ordered a la carte breakfast which was pretty good. I wouldn't say that the food ever made us sick, but it definitely messed with and changed our stomach patterns. The amount of activites and shows that the entertainment team puts on was stellar! They are very wonderful! They all really loved my teenage daughter, they would always wave to her and get her to play volleyball or do zumba by the pool, they just make sure that everyone is having a great time! The entire entertainment crew is great, but our favorites were smiley, babyface, and chocolate, they were always putting a smile on our face! Bartending service on the beach was great, Mercedes was always ensuring that we were taken care of! Our favorite bartenders were Mercedes, Smill, Johan, and Carlos (from the sports bar). One of the nights we were there the local market was set up in the common area, it was cool to see, but most of the stuff they sell is the same and probably just cheap merchandise. My daughter wanted a t-shirt and they guy offered $18 dollars for it, wich was outrageous! The people at the market are also very pushy, putting necklaces on you that you wern't even looking at. We just shopped for souvenirs at the resort store which was actually surprisingly cheap and nicer to shop at. If you do buy things at the market though, don't take any more than half of what they offer you. We had family pictures taken at the photshop on site and it was a fun experience, the photoshoot itself is free, but the pictures are $12 each which is somewhat reasonable. The pictures are very high quality and were worth the time and money. My daughter took a private tennis lesson while we were there and she loved it! She said the tennis pro is very encouraging but he pushed her very hard but I could see an improvement in her skills after one lesson! My daughter also went to the Eclipse disco every night with some friends she had met and she said that she had a lot of fun there, and that the entertainment crew really gets you going! We visited the prefered club a few times during our stay to say hello to Marcelino and everytime we were greeted with a big smile, hugs and "hello family!" That just goes to show what great service this resort has and how they really make you feel welcome. We had an amazing vacation that was worth the price and the traveling time it took for us to get there. A great place for a family vacation and even a couples vacation. We are looking forward to returning one day to one of the best resorts we have ever been to! A special thanks to Marcelino, Mercedes, Smill, Johan, Carlos (from the sports bar), Manuel Enrique, Chocolate, Baby Face, and Smiley! You made our vacation even more wonderful!

~McCarthy Family

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are less noisy, better view and the Ocean Front Master suite room and VIEW was ou...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Good points: lovely beach and pool, wonderful staff, food was v good in the buffet and tried hard in the a la carte restaurants. butler service is a good idea.
Bad points: beds were rock hard and pillows not good. Rooms humid but it's the Caribbean.
Overall we ended up having a great time, the people are vv nice and work hard to give everyone a great vacation.

• Stayed April 2012
Troy, Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

First time to Punta Cana. My husband and I travel extensively and enjoy all-inclusives, cruises, and warm climates! I would like to compliment the staff at Now Larimar. Each employee that deals with you personally introduces themselves and ends most discussions with a smile and 'my pleasure'. Our room was large/clean and had a unique design. The wall seperating the bed from the bathroom is a framed open area. The shower and toilet have frosted doors for privacy. If your idea on choosing this hotel is to get closer to your mate, this should insure it! (Shy folks can just have thier mate sit out on the balcony when they using the bathroom). The grounds of this hotel were very well groomed and in the evening each palm tree had a light reflecting up it's branches and made for a romantic stroll back to your room. The reason I titled this 'ok for 3 nights', is the food in the buffet and beach grill was below this hotel ratings. We are pretty average non-picky eaters. Our tastes run from the love of fast food fries to a nice steak dinner. So, even we were surprised at how unhappy we were over the food. The main buffet is huge and you would think it would be easy to find something good to eat. We think the problem is that the food is prepared too far in advance and it sits under the broilers for too long. There are stations where they will cook you an egg, but the chef got distracted; consequently, they turned bad. I warn you especially of the panini station. The meat is sitting out on trays and it is not kept cold. The beach grill had the same problem. Our luncheon of choice is chips and gucomole. But, the chips were always stale. We couldn't blame it on the climate, because in Mexico, at the all-inclusives that we have stayed, they are not stale. We ate dinner at several of the specialty restaurants, and the food was much better. One afternoon snacking on our stale chips at the beach grill, we were waited on by Henry. My husband asked if he was working in one of the other resturants in the evening and Henry then introduced us to Enrique his boss. They encouraged us to come to the Itialian restaurant that evening. We did and it was so special for me. The hostess seated us, and when Henry saw us he said "No, you are my familiy, and you come with me". He and Enrique had prepared a special table just for us with pink flower petals on it, and champagne chilling. I shed many happy - surprised tears over this welcome and it was a highlight of this trip for me! On to the beach: The beach is very large and has lots of seaweed. Some folks were in the water, but the seaweed was too much for me. I am afraid of critters hiding out in it! The sand is THE softest I have ever had between my toes. And, I enjoyed the breeze and the lovely water views and our walks. The downside of this is there is a shopping center right down the beach and their employees are constantly bombarding you into coming to the shopping center. It is annoying and not part of my 'beach walk hand-in-hand with my husband' fantasy. If we were walking in the opposite direction of the shopping center, we were not approached. But, head toward it and it is pretty much non-stop. The entertainment staff at this hotel was the best we have ever had. They put on little skits by the pool most days, and as silly as they were, they were entertaining. One of the evening shows was the circus show, and it was wonderful. The talent displayed that night was better than any other all-inclusive evening show I have seen. The Michael Jackson show and the made-up 'Dance on the Beach' show were not to my taste, and as lame as most all-inclusives shows. We had before dinner cocktails at the Moments bar each evening and I would like to compliment the staff here. Lenny was our bartender and he makes a very good Manhattan. I recommended to the hotel that they put a piano in there, and I think the folks would flock to the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail. There was only one afternoon when the pre-teen crowd got too loud. When they ended up in the pool that I consider for adults (the one with the swim up bar), and the girls were squeling and yelling, I was ready to come home. In conclusion, I can say that I had some special moments at this hotel, but I would not chose this hotel if we return to Punta Cana.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Longueuil, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We flew down on a very last minuet trip for only 4 days in late March but from the time we checked in to the time we checked out the service was excellent from the staff at check in to the porters,entertainers "GREAT",Waiters,maids and lets not forget the The Lobby Bar the two bartenders Felix & Lenny made me and my spouse feel at home these guys were great friendly,polite,funny .Also not to forget Mercedes and Smill pool bar and beach service,and Julio your Paella on the beach was great.Muchas Gracias

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We were at the NOW Larimar the week of March 10-17th for our wedding. The NOW Larimar far exceeded our expectations. We had 55 people attend our wedding, so finding a resort that everyone loved was a lot of pressure. I am confident in saying that all of our guests loved the resort and the staff and would love to return some day. As soon as we arrived at the resort, we were treated so well. Leonardo met us as soon as we stepped foot off the bus and took us into the Preferred Lounge to have a cold Corona and go over a few details about the resort and our wedding. Thank you Leonardo!! We had such a good feeling immediately about the resort and the service we would receive. Leonardo walked us to our room, the Preferred Club Master Suite. It was beautiful!! For us, it was worth the money we paid for the upgrade. The room was really big, which was nice for getting ready the day of the wedding, having all the girls over the night of the stagette and just to have people over for a hot tub or a few drinks overlooking the breath taking view!! Our wedding coordinator, Mercy, was AMAZING!!! I cannot say enough good things about her. She was so helpful and worked so hard to make our wedding day a dream come true. Our wedding went off without a hitch. Everything was perfect!! Thank you so much, Mercy! She was with us on our wedding day from early that morning until the dance ended at midnight. Another staff member that we would like to mention is Pablo at the swim up bar. He was so good to us, always smiling and always gave us awesome service! Thank you, Pablo!! We thought the food was great, the beach was beautiful, the weather was awesome, the resort was clean and well taken care of, the grounds were beautiful...honestly, I cannot believe that people complain about this resort. We will definitely be back! Thank you again, NOW Larimar (especially Mercy!! :) ) for making our wedding week so amazing!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We recently returned from a week long stay at the Now Larimar. We're not usually interested in staying at resorts but wanted use of the Kids Explorer Club since we have children ages 2 and 9. The Kids Club was the best thing about our trip. Yudith, Yaogel and Maribel are Red Cross Certified childcare providers that took great care of our kids when my husband and I had dinner alone or enjoyed some time together. Yudith even took the time to repair my son's broken sunglasses and walked him back to the hotel room (a pretty long walk) when we were tired. The kids loved it. They took the kids to all eat together and had water balloon fights, movies, a huge play ground, a sand pit, rock climbing walls, a nap area, magic shows, origami, pool time, games, WII, PlayStation, Mini Disco and tons of other stuff. They brought the kids out to the courtyard every evening to put a show on for everyone. We always looked forward to watching our 3 year old perform. The Kids Explorer Club was free for my son but $10/hr for our daughter since she wasn't 3 years old yet. It was a very relaxing vacation. Overall the staff was great!!! They were really the best thing about the resort. The beach, the room and food were all okay. The specialty restaurants were pretty bad but the Carnival buffet was good. The deserts were great. We usually sat in Modesto's section since he was so nice and took care of us so well! We stayed in a Deluxe Family Room which was 2 rooms joined together. Most nights there was turn down service and they would leave rose petals and Hersey kisses. I left my purse in one of the restaurants one night and it was still there when I finally realized it was gone. Our favorite excursion was the OutBack Safari - ask for Jesse to be your guide. The Manati Park was a big let down.

Room Tip: A Deluxe Family Room is two adjoining rooms. That worked great for us. We were in the preferred gue...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Now Larimar Punta Cana? Share your experiences!