“WONDERFUL Honeymoon Experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
Birmingham, Michigan
“WONDERFUL Honeymoon Experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Zoetry Punta Cana for our Honeymoon in mid June. After trying to decide over several resorts in Punta Cana, we finally settled on Zoetry and we are EXTREMELY happy that we did! We had an exceptional time at this First Class Resort! The resort staff could not have been more professional and classy, easily the most attentive and sincere resort staff we have encountered in all our travels, and we have had the fortune of staying at high end resorts worldwide. Everyone was extremely helpful in all manners, from food requests in the restaurants to helpful attentiveness at the beach or pool area. While we put all the staff in that high category of service, where were certain individuals who stood out as providing exceptional service, and always with a smile. They would most always answer a request with "my pleasure or un placer". Those that especially stood out included Jordany, Dayanara, Fernando, Eduardo, Benjamin, andJuan Hilario. Since my wife and I stayed longer than the usual stay, (11) days, the staff really got to know our particular food enjoyments and took the initiative in accommodating our requests and desires on a daily basis. The manager of the resort was brand new at the time of our stay and made a point of talking to us about our experience at length, asking all the right questions with the right tone. I applaud his professionalism and hospitality, as I do the staff as a whole. I feel comfortable in writing that the whole staff took the initiative consistently to make sure we were as comfortable and happy with every moment of our experience at the resort. We truly did feel like we were "home".

Regarding the Grounds: We found the grounds to be beautiful and absolutely stunning! We constantly noticed how clean and well manicured the grounds were, they take great pride in keeping the grounds and facilities super clean from the pool area and beach to the bathrooms located around the resort. We took a walk on the beach and walked through an adjacent resort and noticed that this was not the case elsewhere. We also noticed how the "feel" of neighboring resorts were completely different from Zoetry in the sense that Zoetry feels super private and exclusive, as it is quiet, peaceful, and relaxing, while the adjacent resorts had more of a "Spring Break" feel for Adults. The class of the vacationers at Zoetry was obviously higher than the other vacationers we met while on excursions as well as from what we saw while walking to an adjacent resort.

Regarding the rooms: The rooms were impressively pretty and clean, and the housekeeping staff does an excellent job at maintaining them throughout the day. The beds and sheets were ultra comfortable and the shower and sink areas were spacious and well laid out. We felt completely comfortable and happy while in our room with the one exception of the weak air conditioning. We heard the same observation from other vacationers there so we do know that it wasn't just our room that had weak air conditioning. We asked for and were brought a fan to our room that ran pretty much constantly day and night, which helped tremendously. Set your expectation before arriving that your room will be beautiful and exotic but will not have the same level of cold air that you come to expect in US hotel or resorts. It wasn't bad by any means, just not a tremendous level of cold air was able to blow out inside the room. The rooms are so close to the beach and pool area that there really is no need to be disappointed if one is not able to book one of the few ocean view rooms. We were very happy with our room location and it was not one of the closest ones to the beach/pool area.

Regarding the food/restaurants: The food on the menus at all the restaurants is tremendous in my opinion. We NEVER had a bad meal! From the starters to the main courses, to the deserts, everything was delicious and presented beautifully. Indigo is the restaurant by the Ocean that was mainly used for lunch during the day, what a beautiful view while you eat! You can eat as healthy as you want and still find everything you eat fantastic. The restaurants Amaya and Olena were mainly used for dinner meals. Since we were there during the height of our summer, but their slow season, only those restaurants were open at night for dinner. It was nice because we got to know the weight staff and vice/versa each night and they were extremely charming and courteous each time we saw them. My wife speaks Spanish and I try to practice my Spanish every chance I get, so it was nice to be able to continue conversations with our weight staff each night as we got to know them on a limited basis during our meals. The staff is obviously trained superbly to be friendly and as respectful as possible, their charming phrase "over the top" in response answering how they are doing really does not ever get old. We signed up for some of the special dinners and wine tasting and they were absolutely worth it. We got to know some of the other guests that way, as well as enjoyed the special dinners put together by the chef and his staff. There was food available at any time during the day. We never went hungry! We usually left the pool/beach area around 430 pm and headed to the coffee shop for coffee and a muffin/treat of some kind. We also took advantage of the spa treatments (not inexpensive) as well as the spa facility, which was fantastic and open to all without having to pay anything extra.

Overall: The resort truly is a First Class establishment. They pointed us in the direction of a few excursions that we absolutely loved, including the zip lining. We also took advantage of the horseback riding provided by Zoetry at the resort beach. One thing we recommend is to bring a great book to dive into because this place is ideal for relaxing and losing yourself in a good story. There is not much going on at night after dinner time, but that was ok because it was our Honeymoon and we wanted to quite nature of this resort. This place caters to adult couples and couldn't have exceeded my expectations any more than it did. It's small and intimate, and wonderful! If you're looking for a beautiful, sun splashed getaway where you will be pampered and eat extremely well in an exotic location, then Zoetry Punta Cana is the place for you!
Jon and Arielle

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Taguey, Good Day/Good Sun,

We thank you for the time you took to express the enjoyment you found at Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana. It is a great pleasure to hear that you lived an incomparable experience thanks to the exceptional services you received from the Zoëtry Staff.

We are thrilled to hear that you consider our Resort as ideal to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. We make every effort to pamper our guests in every details to please your well-being.

The cleanness of our resort is one of our main concerns; our day to day basic is to offer you the peace and comfort you were hoping for. New improvement will come soon to fulfill your dreams.

Your satisfaction is our everyday job but surprising you is our main goal and I am glad to know we achieved it beyond your expectations!

We will truly appreciate to welcome you here, once again, enjoying the Zoëtry’s exotic surroundings and I guarantee, you will be amazed by futures dishes created by our Executive Chef…

Namasté,

1,160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

my husband and I were looking for a nice place for our Aniversary to go back to in dominican republic, we had already stayed in some some all inclusive at Punta Cana, but we wanted something smaller than your usual all inclusive big hotels. So we got recommend from a friend the Zoetry Agua....WOOOW were we surprised...we got in at about 10:00 am, since the arrival we felt like royalty, they congratulated us on our anniversary, all smiles...were taken to our beachfront room, with its own plundge pool......on our way to the room we noticed the construction and got scared...my husband likes to sleep in the morning so I was worried this would have ruined our vacation..him being cranky and all! haha but i can tell you that this was a minor thing considering all the details they had with us....they served us our breakfast on our balcony, with flowers...and with all the goodies that we like.......at mid afternoon, they knew we were in our room (it was so nice in the room that we almost never came out!) they will bring us fresh coconut water in the coconut! that so exotic...food was really good, they would cook for us anything we wanted...but you should also try the chefs specials,,,never fails!
the only bad thing....it was only 5 night....but we will be back soon..probably our next anniversary.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

At first, I would like to thank you for your review, it made me happy to read your comments, those really motivate us to provide our guests the best service.

Zoëtry is a combination between “Zoe” in greek means Life and Poetry….we hope you had felt that your stay with us, was a pleasant trip where the Poetry of Life was intimate related to the beauty of nature.

Zoetry Agua is an intimate paradise, a hidden garden of heaven, where everyone finds unlimited privileges, peaceful environment and a friendly sophisticated service. Our goal is to surprise our guests with special treats, details, we try to move their senses to a certain level where smell, taste, vision, feeling and beauty are involved. Indeed, you will not find this unique experience on a typical all-inclusive resort because our visitors are exceptional and we need to go beyond their dreams….by making them real…

Exceed your expectations is our priority, the entire Zoëtry team appreciated to make sure you enjoy your Anniversary! If we created great memories to you, then, we will sleep tight tonight.

We work so hard to provide a high-level service so that every guest will bring back home, not only fantastic pictures but also extraordinary memories. Your smile is our motto and we are pleased to know that despite the constructions our service was impeccable.

The Zoëtry Family would like to see you again very soon to create impressive memories!

Namasté,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just got back this morning following 8.5hr flight from punta Cana, had the best time ever.greeted with wet towels and refreshing drinks .our suite cases were taken immediately.check in was quick.we were then personally shown around the resort and were upgraded to a pool access .room.WOW!!! Rooms were fantastic good AC,house keeping came three times aday and mini bar was stocked daily.you could order a bottle of champagne daily as part of all inclusive to your room.free laundry,free international calls.How can you top that !
Staff truly made the resort so fantastic.everybody went out of their way to make your stay the best but also in a personal way.Food was fantastic.the head chef was incredible going out of his way to make you special meals.wine tasting evening the best.one day I was sick and the chef asked my husband if there was anything I he could cook for me and have it sent to the room,were can you get service like this,only at Zoetry.
There is construction work going on ,but honestly it doesn't interfere with your holiday and can only make the resort more amazing .pool and sea great.my husband took the sail boat out everyday.beach bar and pool service the best.never had an empty glass and top brand drinks.
My husband and I love to do lots of sight seeing when on holiday ,but only left the resort once in two weeks as we were having the best time ever.I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this resort.If you want quality,luxury and great personal service this is the place to go.we are definitely going back with family and friends.i would highly recommend this resort.i wish we could of stayed for a month.Thankyou sooooo much

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

WOW is all I can say, from the moment Eddie checked us in and walked us around the property I was impressed. My Suite Taino was not available due to the construction and I was upset for all of 5 seconds when I realized the construction was right behind where I would be staying for 8 nights. I was shown to an Agua Suite on the Serpentine pool and had the best of both worlds, a beautiful beach less than a minute away and a pool at my door.

The beach, accommodations, food and service were incredible. I cannot say enough about the level of service. Everywhere I went the staff were friendly and went out of their way to make sure I was happy. Andry at the lobby bar, Juanilario at the Coco Cafe, Francisco, Eduardo, Juanilo, Antonia (??) all the wait staff in the restaurants were always sure to please. Food is cooked to order, and you are on vacation, sometimes the soup and salad came together, so what ...I was on vacation and everything was over the top....laundry washed and pressed...room service, breakfast on the patio looking over the pools and gardens or the Amaya watching the turtles?? tough choices.......Olena was open only twice and the room was a little warm, the food was incredible, Amaya never disappointed and I loved Indigo and dining on the beach..

The little touches, like chocolate truffles in the room at night, the person who served drinks on the beach, hats and decorations for the 4th of July, the barbecue on the beach for lunch, the Beach Dinner was incredible, everything from a whole roast pig to lobster tails and tiger prawns....Zoetry goes the extra mile

I have been in the travel industry for 45 years, I have stayed in some of the best hotels/resorts and some of the worst hotels/resort in the world. Zoetry is on the best list and I am already planning to go back next year.

Thank you Zoetry for 8 incredible "over the top" nights....thank you Benjamin for finding me on the beach Saturday afternoon and offering me a special breakfast on my patio at 7AM so I wouldn't be late for my airport transfer........ it's the little touches that make Zoery awesome....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Taguey: Good Day/Good Sun

It is delightful to hear that your experience with us was overwhelmed. On the behalf of the entire team of Zoetry Agua, I would like to thank you for this sweet note.

Yes, we try to provide to our guests a different kind of experience...Those vacations that you will be waiting for such a long time, have to be "special" and this is our main goal. When you decided to choose our Resort, you probably tried to escape the "classic all Inclusive", and preferred our endless privilege with privacy...We are glad you made that choice and we will work harder every day to surprise you on your next stay.

If Zoetry goes "an extra mile" it is because we think that every guest is special, and everyone needs a special treatment...It could be the level of service or the delicate food, we focus on listening to your expectations to create great memories...Your mind, your eyes, your taste should be feed with expectacular memories ....Hopefully we achieved this goal.

Thanks for your review and your visit. Come back to us, soon...

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana for 4 nights in June. I have to admit that we considered cancelling at the last minute due to some of the negative reviews on trip advisor. I am so glad that we didn't! This resort was amazing in every way, and I have raved about it to everyone.

The ride from the airport is about an hour, and the trip is bumpy. We have traveled out of the country many times so we knew what to expect. The ride and commute time was comparable to other trips we have taken in the Caribbean and Mexico. We had to drop another couple off at another resort prior to being taken to Zoetry. When we pulled up to the resort, there were a ton of people arriving and waiting to check in. My husband and I looked at each other and both said that we were so glad that we had not booked a resort like that! 5 minutes later, we arrived at Zoetry. As soon as we pulled up, I knew that we had made the right choice! There was not a single person waiting to check in. We were greeted with a towel and ice cold beverage before going through a speed check in process and receiving a tour of the beautiful resort.

I was blown away by the room (especially the bathroom!). The A/C does not cool that great, but if you closing the doors between the bedroom and bathroom helps the bedroom to cool down at night. We weren't in the room much during the day so it really wasn't that big of a deal. The maids do a great job of keeping the rooms tidy, and we never had to ask for more towels as they were restocked constantly. The free worldwide calling was a major plus for us as we called home daily to check on our 3 year old at home.

The food was wonderful, especially for an all inclusive. Most things were great...there were a few things that were just ok, but nothing was bad! The paella, guacamole with sweet potato wedges, lobster, chocolate cake were some of the things that stood out to us as outstanding! Everything at the author's dinner was great! We also loved the champagne and pina coladas! Service was always quick and with a smile! I loved that you do not have to make reservations for dinner!

As most everyone else has stated, the service is what sets Zoetry Agua apart from other resorts. By the second day, most of the staff knew our names which adds a special personal touch to your vacation. They were the kindest people and did everything with a smile! Hands down, they provided the best service we have ever received at a resort or hotel. Some other reviews mention a language barrier. We were actually very impressed with the staff's use of and understanding of English. They really do a great job. There was only one time that there was an issue, and it was when we ordered room service. My husband wanted the sweet potato wedges or chips with the guacamole and they brought French fries instead. Seriously, not a big deal! Within 10 minutes, he had brought us freshly fried tortilla chips because they were out of the sweet potato wedges that we had at lunch one day.

The beach was amazing! There is a coral reef not far off from the shore. We snorkeled everyday, and saw a ton of beautiful fish right there. The water is crystal clear. The pool was wonderful also. It was always clean, and the temp was perfect. I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers are referring to about the pool being dirty. Sure there were a few leaves in the serpentine pool from time to time, but there are beautiful trees and bushes all over the property so a few leaves are going to end up in the pool. We saw a staff member cleaning the pool every day we were there so they really work hard to make sure the pool stays clean. Since it is such a small resort, you never have to fight for a chair at the beach or pool which is a huge plus.

The fitness center was great and had everything I needed to keep up with my workout regime while we were there- treadmills, free weights, mats, exercise balls, and machines. They also have a little refrigerator with water and Gatorade as well as a TV to watch while you workout.

I could honestly go on and on and on about this place, but I think you probably get the idea! It's amazing! Do not believe the negative reviews. I have NO idea how anyone could complain about this place. Some have complained about the construction. I barely even noticed it. They were even working on a walkway right beside the pool when we were there, and it was not loud or distracting in the least bit. We talked to many other couples who were there, and I always asked how they liked the place. Everyone there that we talked to were also amazed and beyond pleased with Zoetry. No one (including us) wanted to leave! I have to admit that I am already considering another trip to Zoetry in the fall...yes, it was that great! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had the garden view room, and it was perfect! If you book when the construction is still underway...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Taguey: Good Day/ Good Sun

Dear Guest,

Now you are part of the family, and as that you already plan to come back in fall, I look forward to have you again with us. You already got the Zoetry Fewer!

The reward of reading your review on Trip advisor is the best motivation to our team: the fact that you were satisfied to have made the "right choice" with us at your arrival, and were amazed by our service after the 5 days you spent, means we achieved our goal. We are delighted to hear your review and believe me, that will bring more energy and focus to keep up the high standard service we provide to our guests.

Surprising you and offering the best of our local products is our day to day base....I can only hope that, during your next stay in fall, you will find even more added values with our new 45 rooms: amazing serpentine pool, Great Latin Fusion Creole Restaurant, and more endless privileges.

See you very soon in your Caribbean Home.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just returned from a week long family trip at the Zoetry Agua, and hopefully this review will be helpful.
This was our second trip to a Zoetry resort, the first being at the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita. Based on our great experience there, we decided to try another Zoetry. The two resorts are very different in their theme, but very comparable in their services. The grounds are immaculately maintained and incredibly beautiful. A true Elysium.

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and introduced to personnel in true Zoetry fashion along with cold towels and refreshing drinks. We were given a tour of the resort and directed to our rooms. We had made reservations for two rooms, however they were on the second floor. We requested to have both rooms changed to the first floor and Malagi was able to accomodate us the following day with one having pool access which we highly recommend.

There is construction going on, but we hardly noticed it. It is on the north side of the resort.

The beach is absolutely breathtaking. Clean and beautiful.
The main pool is small, but with a beach like that, who would need a pool?

The staff is super friendly, and VERY hardworking. Language could be a barrier, and some orders might be misunderstood, but nothing that cannot be fixed. We had issues with room service, but by the end of our trip we had picked up a couple of Spanish words and were able to communicate better. Problem solved!

We didn't use the spa. The gym is adequately equipped and maintained. The food was good especially the local cuisine. We had a wine pairing evening, and two author's evenings at the Amaya which we highly recommend. It was fantastic. There was also a BBQ dinner at the beach. Excellent! The paella at The Indigo is to die for! One drawback is the lunch menu at the Indigo changes only every three days.

We appreciate the friendly and helpful staff which made our trip even more pleasurable. Kale is a gem. He made sure we had everything we needed and checked in on us everyday. A shout out to Juan at the reception, Juan Carlo and Aurelio from room service, Juan Hilario at Coco Cafe, Hector, Joselito, and Saidy to name a few. You're hard work and attention made this another memorable trip for our family. Thank you!

Room Tip: The first floor with pool access.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Taguey, Good Day/Good Sun,

Sunny greeting from our "hidden paradise". We are glad to hear that you had an amazing experience with us, and being a member of the Zoetry Family, that means a lot to us.

You totally right when you mentioned that the Zoetry in Mexico is similar but with different concept, as at Zoetry Resorts we try not to conserve any standard but instead we let our creativity flows but both of the property have the same goal: make your vacations memorable....And according to your review, it sounds that you had a peaceful and enjoyable experience...That just made our days...and on the behalf of the entire Team, thank you to share your thoughts!

On your next stay, we will have a special "Paella" ready for you, by the Ocean, with a cool White Chardonnay waiting for you...your feet in the sands and the only noise of the waives, caressing the ground....

Looking forward to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I did a weekend trip at the Zoetry Punta Cana. Out of 5 stars I would rate the resort a 4. The pool was a little on the small side but with the Atlantic Ocean just steps Away who really needs a pool? The room we had was slightly above average. We booked and ocean view but got a room that had pool access.
Service was the absolute key to the enjoyment of our vacation. On a scale from 1-10 on service I would rate it a definite 10. The people at the Zoetry always went out of their way to make sure the guests were having a good time. Wilne was the name of one employee who was always there to help and show us around and made our vacation memorable!
We were there only for the weekend and was able to accomplish a lot of things we wanted to do. The couples massage we got at the resort was really nice and was reasonably priced. The resorts free amenities included horseback riding on the beach and a ton of non-motorized water sports. The food was top notch and the drinks were not bad either.
Overall I would recommend the Zoerty and would definitely go back....
PROS: SERVICE!!!! AMENITIES!!!! FOOD!!!
CONS: There is no check-in and check-out time at the Zoetry. Great if you can catch a late flight and extend the your vacation to its fullest. Not so great if you have to wait from 2pm to 7pm to get in your room, like we did.
TIPS: book a car pick-up from the airport via Amstar website($180 round trip for 2) and US dollars work pretty much everywhere so do not exchange any money at the airport!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lionel G, General Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Taguey: Good/Good Sun,

First Time at our Zoetry Agua, but apparently not the last...Thank you so much for your comment, I do appreciate your time to express your impression about our Resort and especially if you did enjoyed your experience with us.

I will personally show your review to Wilne, I am sure he will be thrilled that you did remembered his name, and that your memories are link to his person.

As far as the Check in Check out non policies, I do understand your point but as you mentioned, it is part of the endless privilege we offer to our guests. We usually do not have any problem with it, but that special weekend, the hotel occupancy was very high.

Hopefully, next time you will visit us, we will spend more than 2 days with us, in order to enjoy our experience to the fullest.

Again thank for your visit, and we are proud to create some "memorable vacations".

Namaste

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!