“The Friendliest Place on Earth - Sorry Disney” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Big Fall Savings!
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Punta Cana
Del Mar, CA
“The Friendliest Place on Earth - Sorry Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from Punta Cana and had an exceptional visit at Zoetry. The place is gorgeous, the food wonderful (more later) and the amenities (phone, TV, laundry, maid service the best) BUT what makes it a top choice is the staff. Having run a small hotel in the tropics ourselves, we know that "sun, sand and surf" is not enough. The management have chosen and trained exceptional people who seem to really want you to have fun. They are friendly and caring at all levels. My wife was in a wheelchair and everyone genuinely wanted to help her. The one drawback is getting there. The ride to and from the airport takes 50 minuites over roads with speed bumps and pot holes. One can take a helicopter but it's probably pretty expensive. Don't let the road deture you from staying at the reasort, just be warned. The food in all three restaurants was great. We were there nine days and would have appreciated a little more variety (like daily specials). Room service was quite quick but make sure you are understood when ordering because sometime the help's language skills aren't quite what they should be.. Net. net five stars from us.

Room Tip: Many roms are either facing the beach or facing a pool. Pick the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Taiguey / Greetings !

Dear guests:

We thank you for your kind feedback and hope that when we have a chance to welcome you once more in the near future, the Boulevard currently being built between Punta Cana airport and our wondrous Paradise is already finished.

In the meantime, we thank you once more and remain at your service.

Best regards, Namaste,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Polish first
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was our first trip to a small hotel so we were really not prepared for so much rest and relaxation. There were many positives about Zoetry but also enough minor stuff to gripe about.
The rooms are spacious but there is not enough drawers to unpack your clothes in (why?). Our 2nd floor deck was fantastic with 4 comfy chairs and table.
The beach was nice but swimming was unsafe. We were there a week and the red flag was out every day. It was not overly windy but there was a horrible cross current. I think this is the prevalent condition because they only had one catamaran and 2 kayaks.
The chairs on the beach and the pool are plentiful but there was only one waitress serving you(plenty of staff everywhere else). I had to make too many trips to the bar for drinks at a resort this nice. The pool jacuzzi was broken the whole week, A big gripe- Sunset was close to 7pm and the beach bar usually closed by 5:30.
Because this is a small hotel they only have 3 restaurants and one is closed every night. The food is extremely healthy, prepared with exotic sauces, but there was not a large selection.. For a meat and potatoes man, dinner was an adventure. It was a crap shoot if you liked the additions to the basic food. I can not judge how good it was but their temperature control was poor- lukewarm soup, hot and cool items in the main course. Room service was consistently good and with our wonderful deck we ate in our room more than I have ever done before.
My favorite activity at the hotel was yoga with Antonia. She is a great instructor and wellness guru. Ansy was fun and enthusiastic after we started prodding him. He was used to the guests not showing up for activities but when we started doing stuff he was fun. The live entertainment at night was Ansy with his mp3 player. We almost knew everybody by the time we left and turned the lobby bar into a hot spot for socializing. Because the hotel is small we made a lot of friends this week.
This review may sound negative but we loved Zoetry

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. 1st floor has pool in front of it, 2nd floor has great deck. The walkw...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Taigüey / Greetings !

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback - incl. positive mentions of Antonia @ Wellness & Ansy @ Entertainment -.

We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered; please find our answers as follows, accordingly:

- Even though this is the first time we hear of lack of closet space in our Suites..., we still will duly evaluate your comment, as to potentially increase capacity in consequence;

- Nature is beyond our control; we regret that for your own safety the red flag had to be raised while you were here; most days during the year, conditions are generally safe; the fact that we have 2 Kayaks & 1 Cat is completely independent of this matter...;

- We are truly sorry that you lacked effective & efficient drink service on the beach (especially as our hotel is well-staffed, in accordance with our standing) and have already addressed this issue with our Food & Beverage team;

- Sorry too about our exterior Jacuzzi being out-of-service during your stay; it was fixed and has been working properly since then;

- We appreciate your remark about logically extending our Indigo/beachside bar's hours until sunset, as indeed we are now into Springtime and consequently, daylight lasts longer; we have already tackled this point;

- It is our belief that a 51-Suite hotel situated in a beautiful, lush, isolated jungle, which in fact has a quite varied menu offer through 3 restaurants for dinner (at least 2 open daily, always with daily specials, even when our occupancy is below average), 24-hour Room Service, 2 bars, 3 themed-dinners within a week's time, and that also offers the possibility to go to our sister-hotel, Dreams Punta Cana, and also experience 10 more outlets included as part of the Sip, Savor & See tour , is rather quite exceptional anywhere in the world; anyhow, we apologize if your respective perception was one of disappointment, vis-à-vis say a Shopping Mall in the US...;

- We actually get praised very often for the great quality of our meat courses, and potatoes pretty much any-style are readily prepared on-command for our guests, if this item happens not to be part of a specific dish's garnish already...;

- We already addressed too the issue you had with the temperature of some of the plates you got and apologize for this situation.

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at Concierge.ZOAPC@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and hope to soon, hear from/welcome you once more to our wondrous Paradise.

Best regards,

Namaste,
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I use TripAdvisor a lot when I travel and I generally find it to be pretty useful. The Zoetry Agua Punta Cana absolutely deserves the 5 star rating I have given it. When I was looking at the reviews of this hotel, a few of them made me question my decision to go there - but I must tell you - none of the negative reviews are accurate at all. In fact, I very rarely take the time to write reviews at all, and the only reason I write this one is to counteract some of the negative publicity you can find below.

I'm an avid traveler, I've seen a lot of amazing places, and I'm not afraid to spend a pretty penny to get what I want. I actually found this hotel online originally, but after consulting with the amazing team at Liberty Travel (Michelle Greenberg - Jericho Branch, Long Island), I was actually able to get the best possible rate (Liberty Travel met and beat all discounted prices I found online) and I got other "MyTime" perks for booking through Liberty ($100 resort credit, two 20 minute free massages, free roundtrip airport transfers, etc.). The experience was certainly top notch: peaceful, charming, friendly, quiet, romantic, clean, hospitable, and at times, breath-taking. The staff was incredibly kind and generous, always available, and always aiming to make my stay better.

I am gay and was traveling with my partner when we tried this hotel last week. I have to say, I was a bit nervous about that fact. The people at Zoetry could not have been more affectionate, more excited, or more welcoming. I have nothing but positive things to say - although I give a special shout out here to Jeremiah Martinez and Juan-Carlos, two people who really went out of their way to make us smile, day after day.

There are lots of places one can go for a romantic retreat. I put my full support behind this hotel for that purpose. They also offer free transport to their sister hotel ("Secrets") where you can hangout at a small casino and enjoy late-night entertainment, if you so prefer. I loved every moment of my vacation and I absolutely plan to return.

Room Tip: Junior Suite (Agua) faces a private pool and is really quite romantic. I greatly enjoyed having thi...
Dear Guest:

We really appreciate your kind, constructive feedback and also thank you for mentioning our Team-members that excelled during your stay at our wondrous Paradise.

Expectantly looking forward to welcoming you back soon: best regards !
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We cannot say enough about our honeymoon experience that we had at the Zoetry resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We had no idea what to expect but honestly had the most relaxing and enjoyable honeymoon that we could ever imagine. The resort was quiet and quaint, the people were the nicest I have ever seen anywhere, and everything to them was "their pleasure" to make your stay comfortable. The rooms were cleaned three times per day with nightly turndown service with fresh flowers on the bed, the accommodations were luxurious and the food was exquisite. We became friends with several of the staff as they always took the time to get to know you. Juan Gabriel and Antsy were two of our favorites among many others. They always went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of and anything we needed was done and promptly. They were always happy and helped make our experience the nicest vacation either of us have ever been on. All of the food was phenomenal. The presentation was awesome and it seemed to be the freshest and most tasteful food with everything organic. Manuel, the watersports director also took great care of us to get our excursions lined up which were all enjoyable beyond belief. Chris, one of the resort managers also took great care of us to make sure we had all we needed. We will definitely be back!

Scott & Erin Truitt
South Carolina

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Taigüey / Greetings dear Guests !

Thank so much for your review... We are very glad to be aware that many of our Team-members - beyond the ones you kindly mentioned - contributed wholeheartedly in making your special trip a priority.

While we await getting the chance of welcoming soon, we thank you again and send you our best regards !

Mars, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my first visit to Zoetry. It is exquisitely beautiful, relaxing, and enjoyable. I immediately felt welcomed. The staff were all attentive and kind without being intrusive. The surroundings are amazing with immaculately tended tropical gardens, ponds, and pools. My room was on the upper level under a thatched roof. Spacious, clean, with large closet and bathroom. There was a large, comfortable deck for relaxing outdoors. The beach area is beautiful. There was plenty of space for everyone. The three restaurants were excellent. Most of the food is locally grown and much of it is organic. I found it much to my liking. Breily at the front desk is wonderful. She will answer any question and is very helpful with any issue. She had arranged for my return transportation to the airport without my having to ask. She helps to set the tone for the entire experience. Josecito and Juan P were also especially gracious serving food and drinks. Also special mention to Warton and Cecily. Look for Juaquin at the front desk lobby. He also works in the Coco Cafe. His bright smile especially lights up at night when the music starts. There are many activities for those wishing to join in including horseback riding, shopping trips, water sports, an evening show at Dreams, and many others. I enjoyed Spanish lessons with Francis. He is a lot of fun. The spa is beautiful and use of the saunas and jacuzzis is included in the Endless Priveliges package. I highly recommend Zoetry for anyone traveling solo as I did, for couples, or for groups. The small setting allows you to be as private or as much a part of the "family" as you wish to be.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have beautiful high ceilings and a gorgeous view of the gardens.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Taigüey / Saludos ! i.e. per your Spanish lessons... :)

We are happy to know that many of our Team-members brought exceptional service to you i.e. the ones you kindly mentioned, especially.

We can only wait to hopefully be able to welcome you a second time, in the near future.

In the meantime, we thank you again and look forward to hearing form you soon.

Best regards !

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Zoetry Aqua is a beautiful all-inculsive resort that you will fall in love with if you are looking for peace and quiet time to relax. The resort is small, beautiful and intimate. It really sets the mood for lovers. The staff is excellent and the food/drinks are amazing. These lovely people go out of their way to make sure you are pleased and comfortable. They really make you feel like family. We really got close to all the staff that we came into contact with. After a few days it feels like you have known them all your life. I would like to acknowledge some of the staff that made our trip wonderful; Francisco, Anibal, Saidy, Ansy, Juan Gabrielle, Juan Carlos, Miguelina, Anderson, Jeremiah, and Audry. Sorry for those names I forgot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the Indigo restaurant and bar. You will be close to the beach and there and...

Taigüey / Greetings !

Thank you very much for your review - particularly, for kindly citing our Team-members that made your stay all the more enjoyable -.

We also appreciate your relevant feedback in terms of our room for improvement.

Looking forward to hopefully being able to welcome you again soon, we remain at your service and thank you once more.

Best regards !

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

After much research our daughter and her fiance choose Zoetry for their destination wedding. What a PERFECT choice. We had 40 guests and everyone of them is still talking about how magical every aspect was. Everytime you turned around something special was being offered - drinks when you arrive, the tea or drink of the day served unasked for on the beach, dance lessons, horseback riding, special lunches prepared and served on teh beach, entertainment in the bar area of teh lobby each night. Xiomara, the wedding planner, granted every wish of a very exacting bride. she stayed in touch with me for weeks before the wedding ironing out every detail. Ceremony on the beach with a cellist providing music. Elaborate cocktails around the pool before the reception. A reception in the Indigo with a fantastic DJ and surprise balloons while dancing. The service was impeccable -the staff could not do enough to please and accommodate - and always with a smile. Food in each restaurant was different, varied well presented and very very good. The scale of the resort made it intimate enought so we easily found each other to group casually or to be by ourselves when we wanted. Fantastic Spa. Lots of activities during the day to entertain and surprise guests. The Art of Love Wedding Package is a terrific deal - highly recommend it. And the Zoetry photographer did an outstanding job ( not the photos you see here). My daughter and new son-in-law had the wedding of their dreams, thanks to Zoetry. And as parents of the bride, we left feeling 100% pleased that our friends and family who had traveled far to be at the wedding felt they had an A+ vacation as well as attending a fairy book wedding.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Taigüey / Greetings dear Guest:

We really appreciate your feedback - especially your kind mention of Xiomara - and are very happy to know that your wedding experience went beyond your expectations.

Indeed our wondrous Paradise is a superb setting for weddings and more.

We thus hope to be able to welcome you again soon...Meanwhile, we remain...Many thanks, best regards & till soon !

Namaste,