“Vamos A La Playa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

Save Saved
You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Punta Cana
New York City, New York
“Vamos A La Playa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just returned from a relaxing 10 night stay at Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana in Uvero Alto, Dominican Republic. Let me first start off by saying, I am in the hospitality industry and therefore must admit that I am quite the harsh critic. However, Zoëtry met my expectations, and then some! Here is my brief review of the relaxing, idyllic vacation that I just enjoyed with my family and two friends and what you can expect for your own fantastic vacation!

Prior to our arrival I corresponded with Anny, Zoëtry’s lead Concierge who was both thoughtful and prompt with her responses. We were greeted at the VIP exit at the airport with our very own chauffeur who whisked us over to the resort in just under an hour. Roads are pretty fantastic, considering many other Caribbean countries road conditions but after a few windy turns we were thrilled to step foot on property. Our bags were swept off and we felt immediately refreshed with a cool aromatherapy towelette and passion fruit cocktails while checking-in with Magali at the Front Desk. After a quick tour we settled into our GORGEOUS room, we stayed in Villa Caney a three bedroom, three bathroom villa with a large living room, kitchen and plunge pool. Words cannot begin to describe the beauty and comfort of the room.

Vamos a la playa?! Off we went, spending most of our days relaxing beach and pool side. You will there meet Alejandra, Rosalia and Yahaira, three lovely cocktail waitresses who ensure that your throat is never parched.

Hungry? Food is both plentiful and accessible. Lunch at breezy Indigo restaurant which overlooks the ocean, Dinner at Olena, Indigo or Amaya. You will fall in love with the following servers: Juan Gabriel, Hector Alexis, Adelbierto, Dayanara, Joan, Juan, Fernando, David and Warton. While there is not a ton of variety, Ambioris the Food and Beverage manager does an excellent job drawing up special dinners like the Author's Dinner and the Wine Pairing Dinner which is hosted by the hotels very own GM Mr. Alain Berthelot, whose knowledge of wine and hospitality was incredibly impressive. He was an outstanding host!

When you've felt like you've had too much too eat (which will inevitably happen during your stay) there are a couple of different courses of action. Water aerobics with Francis or Ansy from the entertainment team, yoga and meditation with Kale and Antonia the hotels amazing health and wellness duo or a quick jaunt over to the gym. You can also go sweat it out in the sauna/steam room at the spa which also has an amazing indoor whirlpool, open to all guests all day long.

Like many, I scour TripAdvisor prior to my arrival at any hotel. I have to admit that I was a bit concerned with some of the reviews I read, however, I did not run into a single problem. Only slight adjustment that was required on my part was shifting into island time. I am from New York City and am victim to the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Take a deep breath, enjoy your surroundings and you will learn to appreciate the time and space that certain requests take.

Zoëtry attracts a wonderful group of people from all over the world, we left with a few new friends both local and abroad. The day we departed, we were greeted by a few of our new friends who came to wish us farewell. I have traveled for both work and pleasure and have never experienced such a genuine group of individuals as the staff we came to love.

All in all, through and through an OVER THE TOP vacation. I would wholeheartedly recommend Zoëtry without a shadow of doubt.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Ms. Rachel,

Thank you for valuable review about your family vacation,

We would like to thank you one more time, for such positive comments about all the Professional Staff, who took care of you, and all our services.

Thanks to your mother for having taken part of our Performance, and give us the opportunity to know about her art.

Thanks All of you, we will be very happy if you decide to come back to your Home at Dominican Republic.

1,156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed in January and had a wonderful visit. Incredible staff, fantastic ocean front room, Margolis at check in was superb, room service food was fantastic! This place oozes relaxation and it is true what people say - you could spend the entire week in your room with the outstanding room service and serenity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 6, 2013

Greetings from Zoetry Agua Punta Cana,

Thank you for choose this relaxing paradise to have your vacations, and for posting your comment about our magnificent Room Service,Staff and all we offer to our guests.

All of us hope to welcome you back in your second home!

Best Regards!
Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and 2 other couples stayed from Saturday, January 26 - Saturday, February 2nd. From the time we arrived it was non stop greetings and simply the best vacation in a long while. I also had one other couple stay at Dreams Punta Cana with a 4 year old. We were able to go over to Dreams at no additional cost. The night of my birthday was a wine pairing dinner that was fabulous and the hotel manager did the presentation very informative. When they bought desert 3 man band came out to sing happy birthday to me. It was great...I want to point out that Juan at the beach restuarant was topshelf. We told him we wanted traditional Dominican Food and the next day for lunch we had a Dominican Feast. Also Margalli at the front desks help with all the plans to transport my guest to a Club the night of my bday. I would like to give a very special thanks to Deago my brother from another mother. The hotel manager came out when we were leaving to say come back soon. Outstanding....

Room Tip: Rooms from 47-52 are beach front with great views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Mrs. Elaine,

Thank you for take part of your valuable time to share with others this review about your experience in our magnificent Paradise.

On behalf of the whole Zoetry Staff, we would like to thank you for such positive comments about our participation in your 50th Birthday, and your entire vacation.

You are more than welcome for a future holiday at Home!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Zoetry is much smaller than other all-inclusives I've been to, and it is MUCH to its benefit! The level of attentiveness and friendliness that the staff provided is top notch. We got to know the names of everyone on staff in just a few days and were genuinely sad to have to say goodbye.

The beach is lovely and sitting poolside is extremely comfortable, and the staff is happy to bring you towels, cushions, drinks - whatever you need.

The spa was so peaceful and beautiful, with an indoor pool/jet tub that provides a calming respite from the sun when needed. The complimentary 20 minute massage was excellent as well. Yoga and wellness talks with Antonia and Kale were terrific.

Food and drinks were great, and Puello, the chef, was welcoming and available. Bedding was very comfortable, bathrooms were spacious and clean. Overall just a beautiful place to relax. My only (very minor) complaints would be that the rooms are too dark and the food orders for the table come out at very different times, meaning sometimes one person at the table will have to start eating while the others wait 10 minutes for their food to come out. Still, when you're on island time, you just go with the flow and enjoy!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for take part of your time to share this review with others.

We appreciate such positive comments about the hotel,service and Staff.

We will be be more than pleasant to welcome you back in the future

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is going to be a hard review to write as the folks were very sweet and TRIED to accomodate our needs and issues...BUT this resort did not stack up to a 5 star experience! We had visited the Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita and had preconcieved expectations going in to this resort!

Pros/Cons:
-friendly staff overall..
.. but at the end of the trip we were approached by several to 'remember their name', which we found out was due to the fact they wanted to be listed as 'favorite staff member' on the departure survey...of course this wasn't every staff member!

-grounds-
are beautiful and ocean has plenty of palapas and waitress was great-gardeners working daily to maintain but work is being done all around the complex (thatch roofs with tarps, weird scaffolding holding up the walkways and the bridge is in need of repair)

-food:
brick oven pizza was very good @ Indigo.... Olena restaurant has a tasty lobster roll and the vegetable stir fry with rice noodles was excellent. Room service food was good but we had some language barrier issues when ordering and had to send some things back, most of the time it was fixed but one night we never got any return with our food!

-Room:
we had a suite with the private plunge pool (which another reviewer described beautifully).....it was beautifully decorated, thatch roof is 'art' in itself..outdoor shower is awesome and loved the lizard visits but had some drawbacks....AC was lacking...front room was on 61 degrees and bedroom on 62...it was very damp and musty in both...we never were really comfortable and some nights it was cooler outside..our shower area had a leak which they said was OK...but day later it had rained and we were leaked on headed to the bathroom.... water was everywhere in that room like we had showered...coffee maker didn't work...

Daily service:
had to always ask to have minibar restocked and it wasn't stocked when we arrived....

Housekeeping:
Awesome...respected our SHHH sign and we were able to choose when we wanted service as we didn't want them in there 3 times a day.....they did a great job but did notice a few inconsistencies

CoCo Cafe:
Awesome...great cappuccino's and a sweet treat and Juan Hilario(sp) made the best and provided excellent service...2-3 a day

Spa:
great massage by Anna .....nice showers and environment...massage was outside in a draped room, private but tranquil garden in view...friends tried to use the sauna and hydrotherapy equipment but most didn't work!

Vendors by beach on a couple of nights:
We found these very annoying! You could not even walk 10 steps with out being hassled! Our room was in sight of the them and they would call out to us when we stepped out our front door just to look at the ocean...NOT what you want we you are trying to relax!

I do want to reiterate that the people of the Dominican are very nice!

We did discover that they are 'on their own time' and requests seem to be forgotten quite often although this could be the language barrier!

Sadly, I will personally recommend the Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita over this one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Taigüey / Greetings !

Dear guests:

We thank you for your stay and appreciated feedback - incl. postive comments, of course -, which we take as a favor to enhance our product/services -.

Apologizing for your perceived disapointment, please find our respective cooments, as follows:

- each Zoetry property is intrinsically different; these are not "template" hotels; stiil of course, we recongnize also that our constant benchmarking exercises with the other 2 Zoetry hotels, etc. can only make all of us better;

- We were surprised to hear that our team-mebers were apparently pushy, as to get mentioned positively on Trip Advisor; this seems to be a punctual situation and we are sorry; we have already addrssed this issue;

- We indeed sometimes have to exceptionally upkeep our charming wood and other natural materials that make up our unique hotel, at unplanned key times; all looks very well at present;

- The Dominican Republic is offcicially and practically a Spanish-speaking country; as to cater to many of our guests, the hotel provides our staff with daily English courses; we are sorry you suffered a bit translation-wise, while we are confident that our overall English level will keep improving;

- The Air conditioning, leak and coffee-maker issues you mentioned were duly tackled;

- Per our relevant tent-card sitting on top of our minibars, our guests can always call at anytime to have their minibar restocked; still, we apologize for not having had your minibar properly filled upon your arrival;

- Sorry about the Sauna & hydrotherapy matters; they have been fixed now;

- We have held a serious talk with the 3rd-party vendors; they now have understood that their approach must be really softer;

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at your convenience.

Meanwhile, we remain...Thanks again, best regards and expectantly till soon, as to please give us a chance to show you our true service level i.e. at least at par with Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita.

Namaste,
Pocahontas Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I'm not really sure what the people who wrote the negative reviews expect from a resort, but we were very pleased by our experience. The staff is wonderful and could not try harder to make sure that you are happy and have everything you need. The resort itself is very quiet and far away from all the mega resorts which is what we want on a vacation. If you want to go on excursions they are available, but you can easily just stay on the grounds and enjoy relaxing at the beach, by the pool or in the spa. The time goes fast when you are waited on with such attentiveness!

There has been a lot said about mosquitos ... we did not get one single bite. I was very surprised by this actually judging by how often they are mentioned in the reviews, and since we are in the tropics, but we were not bitten at all. The hotel sprays daily and there is spray in your room as well.

The restaurants are nice. There is not a lot of variety and the menus are the same from day to day, but the food is good.

I'm not sure what was going on with a previous reviewer you said that the staff begs for tips. That could not be further from our experience! Everyone that we came across was very helpful and very concerned that we were well taken care of. Nobody was looking for tips. If they were, I didn't notice, and I didn't notice a change in anyone if we didn't tip. The staff is wonderful and I just wish that we had brought more money so that I could tip them as much as they deserved!
The hardest part of filling out the questionnaire when you check out is that they want to know your favorite employee. There is no way that you can just choose one so I would like to single out a few now that made our experience what it was --- Juan Hilario, Andre, Diego from the lobby bar, Aurelio, Alejandra, Fernando, Hector, Juan P from the restaurants and Ana Julia who did such a good job keeping our room clean no matter how much sand we dragged in behind us each day.

Everything was not perfect, but the problems were quickly addressed. Our roof leaked, but the next morning someone was there to fix it. Our cable went out during a storm, but the same day the cable company came out and fixed it. Everything that went wrong was quickly fixed. What more can you ask for really?

The manager Alain does a good job and it shows in his staff and their attitudes. If we find ourselves back in the Dominican Republic, we will definitely stay at Zoetry Agua again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

On name of the whole Zoetry Staff, we would like to thank you for your valued review.

Thank you for all your comments about the Restaurants, pool, Spa, Services, and specially about our Professional Staff, who thank you a lot for all these positive commentaries about all of us!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I were staying at Dreams Punta Cana and were given an opportunity to spend a night at Zoetry. We had briefly visited the resort for a timeshare presentation and thought it was great. We said that we would like to spend our next vacation there. When we were offered a night there we decided to go. It is a beautiful resort and we felt like we were at a spa. It is quiet and serene. The rooms are lovely and we had a balcony overlooking the pool. The food in the restaurant where we ate was very good and service was excellent. We are thinking of returning there for a few days for my birthday in December. I would recommend this to anyone who would like to go to a quiet, restful resort.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and loved having a balcony. The second floor can only be accessed by st...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of you for 1 night, and thanks once again for this magnificent review.

Our door will be always open to welcoming you for your birthday and any other motive.

Best Regards!

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!