“Elegant, Serene, Perfect Beach Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Elegant, Serene, Perfect Beach Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had a perfect vacation getaway with my husband. This is a smaller, more intimate resort with emphasis on service and quality. The friendly staff is very eager to please (Juan Gabrielle!), and make efforts to even remember your name and keep your drink full. There are 3 restaurants (usually 2 open at a time) with special meals occasionally (beach bbqs, sunday brunch, carribean dinner buffet). The food was delicious and healthy with lots of fun options (incl in-room dining). Free calls to anywhere, free internet, & free laundry service!

Spent most of my time on the beautiful private beach. There was an itinerary every day with activites to chose from if you wish (beach yoga, horseback riding, dance lessons, diving, etc). One could spend not even a penny and have a luxurious, fun vacation. For those who want to splurge- the spa was phenomenal (the best hot stone massage ive ever had- thanks madeline) & took a private helicopter ride back to airport!

My few critiques: 1.) private events (weddings, business mtgs) sometimes took away from the rest of us (only 1 restaurant open our first night of arrival when we had hoped to do something special for husbands bday). 2.) if i ordered the same thing from the restaurant every day- each time it would be a little different. i noticed this with cocktails as well. also many times 3 different servers would ask us for our drink order...and still we wouldnt get anything.

overall was nervous based on some recent negative reviews but resort exceeded all of my expecations. one should expect a mosquito or a lizard here & there (its the tropics!). overall everyone was accomodating, the pool & beach gorgeous, and room very comfortable. will recommend to friends!

Room Tip: chose an ocean front room definitely!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to expressing your feedback.

We really appreciate all your comments about our Staff, Beach, Activities,Spa,...
and apologizing for any inconvenient with drinks, inconsistencies and private groups at home.

We look forward a next opportunity to have back with us and show our improvements.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Polish first
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a fabulous week! The staff was so nice and treated us great. The food was wonderful and I had Lobster 3 nights! The seafood pasta recipe you made for us on the beach was so good! I would love to have you share the recipe so I can try to make it at home!! Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, and for share it with other people.

We are so proud of our Staff knowing you enjoyed your stay with us, and specially the Food.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Targu Mures
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Zoetry Agua is a wonderful story which started with `welcome home!`... If you are looking for a peaceful place where you can find yourself, this is the right place. All the staff who is working here makes you feel like home because they are very interested to know which are your preferences. Everybody is working hard to do his/her job over the top. I had the feeling that all the staff love also this place, that is why they can make you love Zoetry Agua. They treat you like a member of this family and that gives warmness and a special emotion to this place. Thank you so much to all who make this place to be a paradise, because the people make the place. Special thanks to: Ambroise, Puello, Samuel ( yummy paella), Juan Gabriel ( he made us enjoy ourselves), Yahaira ( she made us feel over the top), Jordany, Dayanara, Juan, Juan Moya, Hector Alexis, Anderson, Warton, Juan.

I started to choose a place to spend our 20th anniversary of our marriage and I read about Zoetry Agua. As I read more, I started to love it. I am very happy that I chose this place and I recommend it for couples. I`ll tell you a secret: if you want to enjoy every minute of your staying at Zoetry Agua, learn about this place, try to know about it, feel it when you are there and especially love it. So, every minute it will be a pleasure to be there. Anytime I`d come back with great pleasure at `HOME`...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Claudia,
Thank you for choosing us for your 20th aniversary vacation!

We appreciate your review, and hopping to have you back for the anniversary 21.

This is your home!
Targu-Mures, Mures, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The words which you hear when you get here are : WELCOME HOME! If you are looking for a peaceful place where you can find yourself this is the right place. The entire staff makes you feel like home because they are very interested to know which are your preferences. Everybody is working hard to do his/her job very well. Zoetry Agua is what it is - a place of a special beauty- because of the very special team of this resort. They treat you like a member of their family and that gives warmness and a special emotion to this place. I had the feeling that all the staff love also that place that is why they can make you love Zoetry Agua. I thank you so much to all of them even if I didn`t know everybody from the team because all of them contribute to our very pleasant holiday. Especially thanks to those which I knew: Ambroise, Puello, Juan Gabriel( he made us to enjoy every minute), Yahaira, Samuel ( who made a super delicious paella), Jordany Da Yanara, Juan, Juan Moya, Hector Alexis, Anderson, Warton, Juan. I started to choose a place to spend our 20th aniversary of marriage and I read about Zoetry Agua. I am very happy that I have chosen this place and I recommend it for couples. I will tell you a secret: if you want to enjoy every minute of your stay at Zoetry Agua, learn about this place, try to know about it, feel it when you are there and especially love Zoetry Agua. So, every minute it will be a pleasure to be there. Anytime I`d come back with great pleasure at HOME...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, and for chosen us for your vacation

Is always a pleasure to welcome our guests, and make them feel as at home!

We will love to have you back with us!

Best regards!
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Zoetry from 1/3/2013 through 1/9/13. It was the best vacation either of us has ever been on. From the moment we were dropped off at the hotel we were treated like royalty. We were upgraded to a villa upon check-in. The villa was steps away from the beach, had two large rooms, an outside bathtub and shower and our own little pool. The rooms are stunning.

The entire property is stunning for that matter. Zoetry takes a lot of pride in it's upkeep. It was landscaped constantly, the beach was combed for debris and the pools cleaned every day. The restaurants, pools, spa, and game room are all beautiful.

I know other reviews talked about how the menus don't change. That is true, they don't, but you can request to have anything made. And the food is for the most part delicious! As are the drinks. The coco loco made by Andrys is fantastic. He is a wonderful bartender.

Everyone who works at Zoetry is wonderful. All the staff go above and beyond for the guests. Joan, Juan P. (Pina), Juan Gabriel, Juan Medina, Hector, David were so acc

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for so kind review, and for such positive comments about our hotel and Staff.

Thanks again for having chose us for your vacation.

Richmond Hill, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Although this property is rated very highly (by Trip Advisor, Expedia and Fodor's), my wife and I were, frankly quite disappointed. It wasn't so much that it was a bad property, but our expectation level was so high after reading the various recommendations that we were disappointed. Our room (for which we paid an upgrade - to a "Romance Suite"), was continually filled with mosquitoes - possibly because the doors and windows weren't sealed properly. The lighting in the bathroom was so bad that you couldn't see yourself shaving (or in my wife's case, putting on make-up). The shower was graded such that the water slanted away from the drain, so we constantly were standing in dirty water. The coffee in the morning was always Luke-warm, and never hot - possibly because it wasn't put into a thermos, but only into a metal tin. Like I said, it wasn't a terrible experience, but this is certainly not a 5 star property (as has been advertised). It is a three star property - at best.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a "Romance Suite" (our suite was number 16). It is immediately be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for your message / we apologize for the issues you encountered.

Although we fumigate daily & thoroughly, mosquitoes are extremely common in the Tropics and thus a few can be seen at any point in time...Still, we are working already on improving barriers to isolate our rooms better from these insects, etc.

We also have a plan in place to better the illumination in our rooms, as well as the drainage in Suite # 16 indeed (sorry).

We expectantly should get Thermos pots ASAP; we appreciate your feedback in this sense too.

Should you need any additional information, please contact us at your convenience at Concierge.ZOAPC@ZoetryResorts.com .

In the meantime, we thank you again and hope you kindly give us a chance to soon welcome you once more to our wondrous Paradise, in order to show you our improvements, etc. !

Best regards,
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana January 4th-12th for our belated honeymoon and had a fantastic time. Leading up to our trip, I was a bit concerned given the bipolar nature of recent reviews. People seem to either really love or really hate this place! For the most part we loved it. However, I think it's important to note that we felt that Zoetry is a 5-star all-inclusive, not a 5-star hotel (Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, etc.). If you want a 5-star hotel experience I would look elsewhere. If you are looking for an upgrade from typical mega resort all-inclusives I think you will be very happy with Zoetry. I would also recommend shopping around for the best price with a travel agent and/or travel websites, especially if your dates are flexible. We ended up paying less than $500/night for a "Romantic Swim-Out Junior Suite", which we felt was a fair price given the time of year. We probably would not have been as satisfied with our experience if we had paid $1000/night like some other reviewers.

I don't want to go into too much detail about our experience, as I feel it mirrors many other reviews, but I will say that our favorite thing about Zoetry was that it was truly quiet and relaxing. We often were the only people on the beach, in the pool, or at the spa. Nothing ever felt crowded or rushed. Zoetry is different from other all-inclusives in that almost anything you can think of really is included--daily laundry service, a bottle of champagne per day, room service, high end toiletries, 20 minute massages, snacks and drinks in the mini bar, international calling, great food, decent by the glass wine, top shelf booze, etc. On day 5 of our honeymoon, we were remarking to ourselves that we couldn't believe that we hadn't spent any money other than tips. And we were happy to tip because we felt the service was so good and genuine, despite the occasional miscommunication.

As far as cons go, I concur with other reviewers that Zoetry is not kid friendly at all. There were 4-5 young children there when we were. Most seemed well behaved, but we definitely witnessed tantrums, which seemed reasonable given that there is absolutely nothing for kids to do at Zoetry. I would recommend leaving kids at home or choosing a more kid friendly resort. Other than that, we had some minor maintenance issues in our room--a sink that clogged easily despite having someone come out to fix it and water leaking in our bathroom from the room above which was fixed quickly. In general, the resort seems to have fallen behind on keeping up the wooden walkways and thatched roofs. We saw a lot of tarps and closed walkways, though they seemed to be working on things towards the end of our stay.

If we return to the Domincan Republic, we would probably choose to stay elsewhere for variety. But I would not hesitate to recommend Zoetry to others looking for an excellent all-inclusive experience. This really was the best vacation that we've been on in a long time. We would definitely consider staying at a different Zoetry property on a future vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments, and for having chose our Luxuary resort for your recent stay.

We apologize for the issues you found, and looking forward to have the opportunity to welcoming you back, and show you our improves.

Best Regards!

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!