“Perfect couples getaway..beautiful,clean,delicious food&amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Perfect couples getaway..beautiful,clean,delicious food&amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I agree with other reviews...the staff&service are outstanding! Juan Piña (staff) helped us try real Dominican food&amazing music-made such a special trip! Jamie who lead activities..including cooking classes on beach & meringue dance lessons also made our week so fun! We've NEVER had such wonderful service anywhere! Such beautiful grounds& truly unlimited world class food & drinks! A must see&go! Can't wait to go back!

Kristen& Rich (New York)

• Stayed November 2012
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Ms Kristen,

Thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua for your recent stay in Dominican Republic, and for having posted this review.

All the staff will love to have you back, and bring you the best service possible.

Best Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Polish first
Mickleton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Paradise, right here on earth! Amazing resort and "Over De Top" Staff! It was the most relaxing atmosphere I can remember from any other place I've travelled. The GM, Alan is very approachable and everyone is reasonable and very friendly. The food was very incredible - just the right portions - cooked perfectly with lots to choose from. Thank you all - it was the trip of a lifetime! We shall return...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Ms. Nancy,

Thank you for having taken part of your time to share this review with others, and for this valued comment.

We really appreciate such positive comments about the whole Staff,food, end the entire property.

Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just returned from having the pleasure of attending a yoga retreat at the spectacular Zoetry Agua in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Not knowing what to expect on the ride from the airport to the resort, I was a bit anxious. Upon arrival at this spectacular Caribbean gem, my anxiety immediately slipped away. The incredible GM Alan and his staff greeted us with smiling faces, ready to accommodate our every need; no request was too large or small for the staff at Zoetry Agua. They aim to please and all impressively knew me by name on Day Two!

Grounds were expertly manicured; beaches were clean and accessible; and the pools were kept impeccably crystal clear. That was just the beginning...the food at all three restaurants was exceptional, five-star quality. The dining service was unsurpassed. Fernando, Francisco, and David (just to name a few) were so fun to interact with while dining. The Live Music was phenomenal. I wish I could purchase their music on iTunes! Loved them!!!

All Bars were clean and served only top shelf, refreshing cocktails...I actually looked forward to being entertained by jovial, smiling Diego in the Canoa Lobby Bar each day!

Nicky and her spa staff were just awesome...the spa was lush and, on a personal note, coincidentally used my coveted Natura Bisse skin care line which was the icing on the cake. Spa treatments were so relaxing...I did not want to ever get off the table!

The rooms were well-appointed and very tropically rustic (thatched roofs, plank floors, and tile/glass outdoor showers). Very cool and so authentically Caribbean!!!

All feedback must be balanced, so here we go. the broken mini-fridge and clock in the room were annoying, but not worth complaining about. And...what can you do about horrible mosquitos? It is not the resort's fault! The only other two less-than-positive experiences were a leaky (don't forget they are thatched) roof during two of the tropical storms and a resident cat who would not stop meowing resulting in less than satisfying sleep one night. Despite both of these inconveniences, upon telling Alan about them, the roof was IMMEDIATELY repaired and the cat was swiftly chased away the vicinity of my room! Both issues were taken care of in the blink of an eye. As a thoughtful token of appreciation, twelve ice cold Presidente beers were waiting for us in our suite. The roof and cat were quickly forgotten! (Ha!)

I am so grateful to the one and only Dimitra Yoga in Lewes, DE for coordinating this trip. Combining such amazing yoga instruction with the perfect resort was pure genius! The retreat exceeded my every expectation (and I am not easy to please; trust me!). I absolutely plan to return to Zoetry Agua very soon...I know my spouse would love it as much as I did!

EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF ALAN'S STAFF constantly smiled and was always upbeat! All took the time to personally introduce themselves. Their genuine happiness was literally contagious! Thank you, Zoetry Agua and Dimitra Yoga for a vacation I will never forget!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Yoga- Guest,

We would like to thank you for share with other this comment, regarding your experience in our Paradise!

We are so proud of our Staff, cause your entire Yoga group enjoyed your special holiday here.

Our Door will be always open for any other visit,

Herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just back from 7 days at Zoetry and we had a fabulous time. I had read many of the previous reviews before we travelled and I have to say was slightly concerned regarding some of the very negative ones.

Zoetry is made what it is by its wonderful staff. They are all a credit to the Hotel, themselves and their Country. Sure they occaisionally gets things wrong but generally they are superb. I know its wrong to single out people when there are so many working behind the scenes who you never actually see but David, Juan P, Giordany, Flor, Rosalia and Jamie you were OVER THE TOP (and thats their highhest compliment)!

We had a 'standard' room and I would suggest that is all you need. It is identical to the top end beach front rooms apart, obviously, from the view. Room service was faultless and had no problems at all with the AC. Mini bar re-stocked daily and a call to 222 quickly added any items that were missing. My wife made use of the FREE laundry service and again this was responsive and efficient.

Food in all the restaurants was extremely good - yes the menu was a little limited when there for 7 days but quality and service were very good.

Great beach - plenty of loungers and good and attentive bar service.

Couple of negative points - they do seem to lose the focus of non wedding guests when there is a wedding in progress. On our last night (Saturday) we were told in the bar that there was no white wine - non at all - as it was all shipped to the wedding area. I explained to reception that this was totally unacceptable and it was remedied fairly quickly.

Mosquitoes - yes they are a nuisance but hardly the hotels fault. We took 50% Deet and took anti-histamine tablets daily. Still got bites but not badly and I do think that the anti-histamine tablets greatly reduced the effect of the bites.

Yes wi-fi only worked in Reception - not a problem for me but I guess if you had counted on it working in your room this would have been a problem.

But in general this is a great resort run by great people. If you want a relaxing (night life is non-existent) holiday in beautiful surroundings then you could not go far wrong with Zoetry.

Room Tip: Basic room is absolutely fine. Personally feel the upgrade price is not worth it. We had Room 8 whic...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for so kind review regarding our Hotel, you are right is our Staff who make possible every guest satisfaction.

We really sorry for the little inconveniences you experienced, and looking forward to welcoming you again, without any imperfection.

Best regards!
Menlo Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at Zoetry for a 5 day all inclusive package. It was our first time in the carribean and it was every bit as good as we expected. The uvero alto area still has relatively pristine beaches which made for a relaxing, enjoyable vacation. The food was excellent, especially the seafood although vegetarians have somewhat limited options. The highlight was the quality and attentiveness of service from the very warm and welcoming staff, despite the language barrier (english is not spoken very fluently).

The only issues we ran into were infrastructure related - no hot water for a day, the room internet connection didn't work while we were there, and a mosquito infestation. Also watch out for aggressive salespeople trying to sell timeshares under the guise of 'travel memberships'. Fortunately none of this affected us too much and we had a fantastic time, and will very likely go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our relaxing paradise for you Caribbean Vacation, and for take part of your time to post this review.

Thanks for mentioning our Staff service, and for letting us be part of your nice and relaxing vacation in spite of the inconveniences.

Pickering, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We jut left the resort and need to qualify our review. We look for excellent food, excellent beach, excellent service, and great rooms. We have been to Sandals and excellent properties and Zoetry is definitely up there with the Excellence Resorts. The service was great and probably one of it's strengths. We love our beach waitress, Juan, coffee guy as we called him and Tatiana.
The food was good, our only comment was we would have liked more options. This being said it was a 50 room resort and we could not expect more than three restaurants. My only though was maybe change the menu nightly, so have a 7 day menu to give variety. Food was really good with breakfast egg whites and oatmeal being our favourites. We loved the smaller portions and the calories on the menu. (Some portions were definitely bigger than the calories indicated).
Room service was fast. We ordered coffee ever morning and it was typically 5 or 10 minutes. We arranged for a nice bootle of wine for our room with a decanter and glasses through the restaurant manager. They were in our room when we arrived after our spa treatment. Very nice thanks. All the wines listed were not available, but we had not problem finding a nice bottle. The manager and staff were very helpful!
The suite was very big, with the washroom massive. I would have preferred a smaller washroom and a seating area in the main room, but beautiful regardless! There were some room maintenance issues that the staff are aware of. It did not affect our trip but definitely the management team needs to resolve this as many people noticed the repairs needed on the resort.
The pool was great but also needs repair. The repairs and blemishes did not effect my visit but it did make the difference from"over the Top"' to Excellent.

We were able to use the gym, run, and do Yoga. I had never done Yoga and went to my first class and was thrilled with the class and Tatina. She was professional, inspiring and very motivating. We had a few discussion through the week and she changed my thinking. I suggest you advertise this part of your resort more and possible expand this part of your wellness program. Anyone who went to her class really loved her.

I thought the week was great. I would visit another Zoetry property but I personally would like a bit larger resort. A bit to quite and smaller me, but depends what one is looking for.

My husband and I did not have any issues with the bugs (though there were couples who were eaten alive) and the beach was awesome. No one stopped us from swimming in the ocean on black flag day and we loved it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Zoetry Agua for your vacation, and for your good comments about our service, food,pool, maid service, and everything else.

We apologize for the issues with maintenance, and restaurants menu, we are working to improve it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I'll start out by saying (typing) that I would have given this place 3.5 stars, but there are no halfsies on Trip Advisor and it's not quite a 4.

Because I have a lot of information here, I'm going to use bullet points to be as concise as possible.

At the end, click on HELPFUL if this was useful to you! Thanks.

Here goes.....in no particular order:
* The A/C in the room worked marvelously! Cool all week, if not cold.... just the way I like it.
* TONS of mosquitos. Be aware of that. It's no fault of the hotel. It's the Dominican Republic. The hotel does what it can: sprays the property daily (don't breath at 530p) and has cans of repellent everywhere for your use. However, it's sticky. Bring your own good stuff. And keep in mind, you have to slather it on EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY, including while in your room. I came home with about 25 mosquito bites even though I used bug spray at all times.
* Most of the staff is very friendly. A couple of duds, but hey, overall very good. Our favorite was FLOR. She's adorable and made us feel at home every single day. We loved her. Frankie, not to forget the men, was also a winner! (Bartenders could be a little more lively to get the party started.)
* NO wi-fi as advertised. I was really aggravated at this. Even though it was a vacation, I have to work a couple of hours every day. One of the reasons I chose this was because they advertised wi-fi everywhere. Only working wi-fi was in the lobby, so everyday both of us had to cart everything to the lobby and do our work on a lounger. Not so accommodating. Tons of excuses too. "No parts." "Waiting on equipment from the US." (Although I was told it had not been working for months.) No one really seemed too concerned about this. So if you need to stay connected, this place is not for you.
* I saw advertisements for 25 miles of sugar-white beaches. The beach sand is brown.
* You do get a "real escape" feeling here. Many times, although the hotel was full, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. Loved that.
* Rooms were nice. We had #9. Great shower and water pressure... and plenty of hot water, except around 5p. Plenty of good, attentive cleaning service, too.
* If you have transportation from the airport that makes other hotel stops, know that you will be the last drop off as this is the furthest most point. Two hours to get to hotel. One hour if direct and nonstop.
* The food was just ok. The main dishes (lobster, churrasco, filet) were good, but everything else very average: vegetables, chips, snacks. etc. Wine served at dinner was not good. They do serve a "special" wine bottle that changes daily and prices range from $19 to $69 (that we saw during our stay).
* There were bugs in our hotel room. Again, this is the Dominican! I only partly fault the hotel. The hotel could be more helpful however as there are big gaps under the patio door, under the main door, and all around the sliding glass door (it didn't fit tight against its frame). We caught (and released) 1 honey bee, 3 roaches, and had many mosquitoes. During our last breakfast, in the Amaya, I had a 2" cucarracha crawling across my stomach while eating my eggs. I yelled, danced around, and couldn't finish the meal.
* Although the hotel advertises a dressier attire for the restaurants, I took nicer clothes for no reason. As long as men have on long trousers for dinner, you can go in jeans, cargos, etc. Don't take fancy clothes. You won't need them.
* There are plenty of sun-loungers for you around the pools so don't feel the need to run out early and reserve one. Also, many palapas on the beach so you'll always have that option too.
* TV - yes, it's a vacation and I watched TV. Sue me! They have DISH network with LOADS of channels.... lots of English and Spanish and some Italian, French, German, Russian, etc.. Something for everyone.
* The bed and pillows were very comfortable!
* You get in/out of the Punta Cana airport very easily and quickly.
* Always lots of workers around the hotel. Mowing, cutting, spraying, etc.
* They provide as much bottled water as you can drink. Our room was always stocked.
* Complimentary daily bottle of rum in your room. :)
* Three restaurants on the premises: Olena, Amaya, and Indigo. For dinner and lunch they are all not opened at the same time. One night you may get an option of one. Another night you may have your choice of two. Breakfast is always in the Amaya.
* Ocean is beautiful, but must have been stirred up while we were there. Tons of stuff floating around and appeared brown like the Ohio river.
* We were a little bothered by the clip-clop of shoes in the room above us late at night. This did not in any way ruin our vacation.
* The place is in need of revamping and structural work. Many bungalows/units have blue tarps on top of them and I'm assuming that is to keep water out where it may be leaking through the thatched roofs. Also, several staircases to the second floor rooms are without stairs.
They had Belvedere vodka. :)

I hope this was helpful. Although we give this a 3.5, we really did come back relaxed (and bitten).

Please enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guests,

We definitely can understand many of your comments...We consequently respect your opinions & apologize for the issues you encountered / Please be advised that we take all feedback as a favor, in order to accordingly improve our product/services.

We hope you will give us a chance to show our enhancements in the near future.

Meanwhile, we remain...Thanks again, Merry Christmas & have a great 2013 !

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!