“DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Agua Punta Cana

You added Zoetry Agua Punta Cana to your Saves list
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playas de Uvero Alto, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Punta Cana
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peoria
“DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Ill start with my review of the resort as most of you are probally not planning on getting married here but if you are do not hesitate to contact me and be sure to read the review below...

Pros: Food.. meat is deliverd fresh 3 times a week
The resort itself is beautiful.
THE STAFF, truely what makes this resort shine. From the hardworking maids and groundsmen to the charismatic bartenders, servers, etc the staff feels like old friends by the time you leave. which is actually the reason it has taken me so long to post this negative review becase you almost feel like your talking about a friend behind their back but the truth is people, especially brides should really know what kind of death trap they are entering into

Cons:
mosquitos, yeah i know youve read it before but we REALLY prepared, we brought OFF deep woods showering in that stuff, we drank alcohol while there (which supposedly is a turn off for mosquitos) but my husband came home with over 140 bites, im talking deep purple bites all over his legs. One of my bridesmaids had to go to the ER a week after coming home because her bite had swollen up. The resort does spray nightly around 4 but it almost doesnt even help.
Spa:
the sauna didnt work, the whirlpool didnt work, the steam room didnt work, the 2 therapuetic shower thingies by the pool didnt work...catch my drift...
And as for the free massages, many of my 30 guests were told there was no open spots for them to get the massages, it seemed like you would only be accomodated if you had booked another service you had paid for (like my father) Me and my husband did get out free masssage, after waiting 45 minutes past our appointment time...
We had one of the suites with the private plunge pool but nobody cleaned that thing the entire week we were there so it didnt get much use.
The first 2 days there were full of us taking ice cold showers. i called about no hot water no one came so i brought it up to the manager, he informed me that the showers are labeled wrong (cold = red not blue and hot = blue not red) so once someone came to show me how to use the showers that was better however why not just relabel the showers??
room service: heres the deal it took FOREVER, over an hour to get food at all after 5pm or so... even just chips and dip 45 minutes...
Free horse back riding: The scoop here is that they only offer this 3 days a week at 1 certain time. I BELIEVE it was sat mon and wednesday, well since most of my guests for my wedding stayed wed pm- mon am and the wedding was sat, none of us got to do this. A little misleading if you ask me to advertise free horseback riding but not specify that its 3 days a week and they only have a certain numbe rof horses and you have to make reservations at least a day ahead. when i asked them to arrange something different for us they said they would be happy to...for 50 bucks a horse...
A/C: i dont even like ac that much but i mean it doesnt work there and i mean i had 30 guests there so a large portion of the rooms apparently did not have functionoing ac, they said it never got cooler then 80 in anyones room, the morning of my wedding we were sweating our makeup off we were so hot getting ready so we called the front desk 4 times, never recieved a fan. They should just put 1 fan in each persons room period.
Drink selection: i mean your in the carribean what do you want to drink well i want a corona bad news here is i feel like they get 5 coronas a day or somethin gbecause they were always out of corona...

ok now for my wedding from hell story:
i want to preface this by saying this was not my first destination wedding ive attended, I know things are different in other countries, which is fine but if your bringing this business 30 guests including purchasing 8000 dollars worth of wedding services from them, youde deserve better then this:

First off, we went through 3 wedding planners while planning my wedding over a 14 month time period, never once did any of the new planners contact me to introduce themselves i would just Find out when i would email them randomly about a question and they would reply basically saying they had no idea who i was and they needed me to resend all my paperwork...
I had sent the wedding planner an email asking who the videographer company would be and if they had a website I could go to or if they had any sample work i could see (because the resort uses their own vendors) I was told no she was not sure and no there was no demos to see...When I arrive at the resort I find that the videographer and photogrophy company IS LOCATED AT THE RESORT they have an office there so of course she knew who they were and even more they havea facebook page that i could have definetly browsed over before my trip.
Part of the 4000 wedding package (we ended up spending 4000 more on extras) were several things that we never even got for example, unpacking service for bride and groom, nope. toasting flutes, nope. wedding cake we did get this but it arrived 2.5 hours after my reception had already begun, there are some other things but we wont dwell on this rip off...

The day before my wedding (after an intense hour meeting the day before planning all the details with the coordinator) my future mother in law of all people comes to track me down, saying the wedding coordinator told HER that my wedding would be moved from 430 to 7pm. I would like to reemphasize here that the wedding coordinator did not find it important to tell me the bride herself. When I went to find her I was informed that she was eating lunch and would be out when she was done. After I was forced to wait 30 minutes for her to finish eating she informed me that the judge had called and said he couldnt be there until 7 (its pitch black at 630) because he had other weddings. Now, I booked my wedding there 14 months in advance and was told I could pick what time i wanted the ceremony and never once was it explained to me by my wedding coordinator that in fact the judge gets to decide when your wedding is, not you...seems like something that could be communicated.
Her solution was to have one of the staff members marry us in a fake ceremony in the sunlight (for pictures) and then the judge could marry us legally when he got around to arriving... Obviously this was not ok with me, 2 hours later she comes up with the idea of having this american pastor marry us... i agree, she calls him and then tells me hes booked. at this point im bawling, picturing my wedding going on in pitch black, very angry that the judge situation was never discussed with me.... so i decide im going to call this pastor and basically offer im 1000 dollars to ditch his other wedding and come marry me and nick instead (i know, its evil, dont judge me) I insisted that I talk to him myself so she calls him and hands me the phone.... he immedietly tells me that he himself is booked but apparently he is part of a group of pastors that do weddings and one of them is free.... now why did it take hours of me crying, ruining the day before my wedding for this to get straightened out?? This should be the standard. It should be explained, the judges decide times, why dont you consider getting a pastor to have a weddin gin front of god and then (as we do in america) sign the marriage certificate after the ceremony!! It took me callin him on my own rather then this being planned or even explained as another option and that is HER JOB. I brought 30 people down there paid over 8000 dollars JUST IN WEDDING COSTS (dj, videography, wedding package, flowers) to them and a 3rd grader would have done a better job arranging this thing.
so now its the morning of the wedding and i was also told by the wedding coordinator someone would decorate the gazebo, nope. my family ended up doing it all by themself but was given a ladder that was broken to assist them....
the wedding coordinator, pastor and the guitarist were all late to the wedding and when they showed up it had started to rain, I made it very clear that if it was raining i wanted the ceremony moved to the lobby not outside in a gazebo with slated wood for a roof, i sent my mother in law to tell the wedding coordinator lets move the chair and she told her "no, hurry lets go" so, my wedding was held in teh rain against my will. Not very over the top if you ask me....
My family and friends are all huge Notre Dame fans and we had made plans to have a tv in the reception in a corner to see updates of the nd game that was that night, that didnt happen either...
not to mention when we walked (in the rain) to the restaurant where the reception was set to be held, nothing was decorated, ( i had brought hundreds of dollars worth of decorations, back home we had set up each table taken pictures printed out on paper how each table was supposed to be set up,) when we walked in, all my decorations were sitting in the suitcases i had brought them in and tables werent even pushed together yet and thebest part, other hotel guests were sitting eating in swim wear.... it was the worst feeling of my life... my family decorated for my reception during hte reception... i should add here that we had asked to have the restauarant close at 3 instead of 4 (weddings at 430) so that my family could decorate before arriving at the wedding and we were assured that the staff would have it decorated... guess not.
also, we lost power 3 different times during the reception so that was pretty awful as well.
after the reception, about 5 or 6 items never made it back to me including very expensive vases i had brought down.... i brought this up to management and the wedding planner and they said that they had the stuff and would drop it off at my room, well the majority of the stuff came back but as i already stated not all of it.

all in all, it hurts my heart when i look back at the disaster that was my wedding day. Save yourself or loved ones the heartache i experienced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AlainBERTHELOT, Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest,

While we respect each of our appreciated patron's unique opinions, we know our facts as well, etc.

At any rate, we apologize for the issues you encountered and advise you that we take all feedback as a favor, in order to accordingly improve our product/services.

Good luck !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Polish first
Southampton New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Place is really nice. Food is really good. The staff is very friendly. I got to know them by name. They were always on it. I would be sitting down by the internet cafe and someone would always come over to me and ask me if I needed anything. Could not have been happier with all of them. As far as the little things, the internet in the room stopped working, and there was not hot water in the spa area the last day. So what. Things happen. Things break. Big deal. That is not there fault. Here is the except part. The fuc*** Mosquitos. They were relentless. My daughter has 32 bites on her arms and legs. They sprayed everyday. What more could they have done? If you go to Zoetry make sure you bath in OFF.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for take part of your time to share this comment about your family stay with us.

We apologize for the inconveniences you got here, like you say-we do our best and will keeping doing more to make sure every guest have an unforgettable stay in this Paradise.

Thank you again for your comments about food, staff and everything else we offer to our clients.

We look forward to welcoming you again,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Since my husband and I decided to go on vacation to escape the 'spring breakers', we decided on a quiet adults only resort. And what a choice it was for our first visit to the Caribbean! Far surpassed our expectations and we look forward to be back and even visit their other properties.

The staff was friendly and checked up on us every now and then. The restaurants were simply amazing! Fresh ingredients used in every meal. The beach was immaculate. We strolled down the shore and the beach in front of other hotels were not as nice - with washed up weeds and logs everywhere.

It was a great experience to escape from the humdrum of everyday life!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our luxury hotel for your vacation, and specially for posting this review.

Is more than our pleasure to serve you, and we will be exciting to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Caribbean.

Best regards!
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our two criteria for choosing our Honeymoon destination were: gourmet food and private white sandy beaches-- the Zoetry Auga was all that and much, much more. The entire staff was so friendly and professional-- they will stop and nothing to make sure that your needs are met and that you are having a wonderful time. The food is fresh and made to order with local ingredients, and you are seated at your own private table (no lines or buffets). When at the beach Alejandra brought us food and drinks all day long (try one of her margaritas!). There are a variety of low-key activities throughout the day and evening (Hi Chely!) & options to visit other resorts if you'd like. We can't say enough good things about this resort!

Thanks so much to the AMAZING staff for making our honeymoon so special-- we miss you!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Guest Relations Manager at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay at Dominican Republic & for this comment you posted.

We would like to thank you too for expressing about our staff,food,beach,service...

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Best regards!
Baldwin Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have never written a review after vacationing, but after choosing the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana based on Trip Advisor reviews, I feel obligated. We cannot say enough good things! The staff was extremely accommodating. We felt that since our lives are so hectic, our priority was to get some much needed relaxation at an all-inclusive resort. Mission accomplished! Due to the fact the resort is adults only, we were able to spend countless hours poolside with next to no commotion; reading, snoozing, socializing, etc. We had a Pool side suite which we were very grateful for the free Upgrade and room was amazing!! . The rooms are soo beautiful and very very big and spacious you will definitely enjoy the room. The food is simply amazing no reservations needed as there is always a table ready for you!! And the room service is like nothing else I have ever experienced it was always on time and very delicious we tried everything during our stay.. The activities were so fun!!! We played Bingo with shots! !! (bingo, bingo! Bongo Bongo) Bachata lessons, and even had cooking class we helped make fajitas in the beach awesome!! Overall this place is truly special; you will not be disappointed I guarantee it. You feel like royalty every single day. Its somewhat spoiled to say... This experience, would NOT me my last, I would MOST DEFINITELY return and would refer anyone I know to stay at the Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.

I must express our appreciation to the following workers who went out of their way to make our vacation fantastic:

Francisco (bartender best coco locos and now Panchito Smoothie)
Yahira, Santa Isabel, Jeremias, Eudi, Alejandra (Ale), Juan Carlos, Miguel, Angel, Jamie, Franklin, Breilly. Gracias a TODOS!!!

Hotel Manager: Mr. Berthelot Gracias Por Todo!! You truly have a wonderful Staff, words cannot explain the feeling we have when we left. We have traveled a lot of place and different hotels and this was the first time we never wanted to leave. thank you and your staff for showing us Paradise..

The Zoetry Agua Punta Cana is remarkable Resort!

Room Tip: Room 2 suite. King Size Bed pool side room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paco A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Mr. Alberto & Family,

Thank you for choose this Paradise for your vacation, and for post your comment about how memorable was your stay here.

Thanks for talk about your room, service,food,activities and everything else.

We are looking forward and will be a pleasure to welcoming you back!
NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have recently returned from a wonderful week at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. In 2010 we stayed at Zoetry de la Paraiso Bonita in Cancun and thoroughly enjoyed our vacation there, so we were very excited to try the Zoetry in Punta Cana.

Based on our needs and wants for a quiet couples getaway, we are big fans of small, boutique resorts and having been to a few it is hard to not compare one to the other. It is especially hard to not compare resorts within the same company. So on this trip we often found ourselves saying “at the Zoetry in Cancun…”. We travel to the Caribbean a few times a year and our November trip is our splurge, where we are willing to spend the extra money to stay at high end resorts that tend to offer and deliver better amenities, delicious food, and top notch service… we do not consider this a budget vacation.

To follow are my thoughts and personal opinions based on my 7-night stay at Zoetry Agua Punta Cana. The resort was at full capacity during our stay so I am certain each & every guest had their own experience which could be very different from mine. Everyone has a different set of needs & wants and what is a negative issue to one guest may not even be noticeable to another. My review is an honest summary of MY experience.

We landed in PUJ around 5:30pm; getting through immigration and customs was quick. After a near 1 hour drive from the airport, in torrential rain, our private transfer pulled up to the resort which was in complete darkness as they had lost power. While checking in the generator kicked on and we were able to go to our room. We were not at all put off by the weather or the flickering power, for us it added to the ambiance. Now had we been there and without power for hours, I am sure that ambiance feeling could have worn off quickly :-) But it by no means affected our first impressions of the resort.

We had a 2nd story junior suite that overlooked the serpentine pool. We loved the room! Especially the balcony which had 2 overstuffed cushioned arm chairs and a table w/ 2 chairs. Our view was nothing exciting, but the grounds are so pretty and it was so peaceful that it was nice to sit and be outside, knowing back home it was 35 degrees!!! The bed was to our liking and the his & her closets were the best! Midweek we did have an issue with no hot water one afternoon/evening which was not a big deal, but the next morning when we were still w/o hot water we called the front desk and by the time we returned to the room at the end of the day it was fixed. We did get wifi in our room and on the balcony; our friends a few doors down did not. Nor did they have any issues with their hot water.

Except for our arrival night, we had turn down service nightly and our room was always done when we returned after a day at the beach. This was not true for our friends; the first full day they returned to their room which had not been cleaned. When they left for dinner they called to say they were going out and the room had not been cleaned all day and they would like it done before they returned at 9pm. When they returned after 9:30pm, the room still had not been done and they felt it was too late to deal with at the time. In the morning they called for clean towels and then went and had a chat with a manager. No housekeeping problems for them after that, but at this caliber of a resort their room should never have gone 36 hours without anyone servicing it. Especially since Zoetry advertises that your room will be serviced 3 times a day (which even for me is excessive!), but it is what they advertise and if they can’t make it to the room at least once especially after multiple calls they are definitely falling short.

The free laundry is the best; what a treat to go home with almost all clean clothes. We also made one free call to the States, which is another nice feature of Zoetry. There is no check in or check out time at Zoetry which on our departure day worked in our favor as we had an evening flight and were not being picked up until 3:30p. We stayed at the beach til 1pm, grabbed lunch, and then returned to our room to shower and throw the last few things in the suitcase. That was much more pleasant than checking out at noon or paying for late checkout; wish more resorts did this!

Being on the 2nd floor we had a thatch roof, and during the early days of the week there was some heavy rain and we did have some leaks… the worse was above the bedside table and luckily the drip was loud enough that we woke up in the middle of the night and removed/dried off our phones & kindle and their IPOD docking station and put a trash bucket to catch the water. Not a big deal because nothing was ruined. Note: on our checkout day they had just begun repairing the roof of “our” building” so I am sure that suite will be leak free for the near future.

As other reviewers have noted there is quite a bit of much needed repairs going on, specifically with thatch roofs and stairs/upper walkways. None of which had a negative impact on our vacation. Yes we heard some hammering and power tools, but nothing that bothered us. If anything, it was certainly better than the loud, thumping music and screams from drunk adults that we had to endure at Secrets Capri! Now, had we wanted to go back to our room midday to hang on our balcony or take a nap, it may have bothered us.

There are plans to add another 40 or so rooms at the resort; before Zoetry begins construction I hope that they repair and maintain all the issues they have now and get those areas in tip top condition before expanding.

Being the tail end of hurricane season, Mother Nature was definitely up to something when we arrived and during the first few days of the trip. Not only was there a lot of rain & wind (mostly at night), but the seas were very, very rough which meant a lot of debris on the beach. Not just seaweed, but tree trunks! The staff made major efforts to clean it up, but with the swing of the tide sometimes it was not worth their effort. But they worked hard and did their best, and with the red flag out there was no going in the water til later in the week and by then the beach was cleared and the water was clearing up. There was NOTHING Zoetry or any of the resorts in the area could have done to provide their guests with crystal clear, calm water and a seaweed free beach during those days. Most of the rain & wind happened at night and the staff did what they could to make the grounds comfortable & safe. Once the red flag was taken down, we spent a lot of time in the sea and it was awesome!

We prefer the beach and this was a great one! Plenty of chairs and lots of palapas for shade. We often wandered down after breakfast, around 9:30-9:45a and had many front row palapas to pick from. At the end of the week we did notice that some early morning seat saving was happening around the pool.

Not all, but many of the chaise cushions and beach bed mattresses and coverings need to be replaced.

For the majority of our stay the red flag was out and we were not allowed to swim in the sea, so we took many dips in the pool. Others have mentioned the pool(s) need of repair, specifically at the bottom around the bridge that connects to Indigo. I was walking along and my foot hit something; I felt around and lifted up a big chunk (size of a bread plate!) of the pool bottom. I replaced it and reported it, but there were a few other areas like that. The pool sparkled and the attendants did a fantastic job keeping it clean, but that had nothing to do with the chipping & broken cement/gunite. Again, we had lots of heavy winds and rain so in the morning it was not unusual to see palm fronds and other leafy stuff floating in the pools, but as fast as they could, they cleaned it out. That said, the pool is clean and refreshing but it does need to be emptied and resurfaced. Again, something I hope they do before they start adding more rooms.

We did not take advantage of the free massages, but there was one rainy afternoon that we spent at the indoor spa pool and enjoyed the other spa amenities. Our friend used the fitness center daily and said the equipment was sufficient. We did not participate in any activities, day or night. Weather permitting we spent the entire day on the beach reading, resting, walking, talking and a late night dinner was our evening entertainment. We also met & talked to a lot of nice people. If anyone reading this is looking for loud music, drinking games, and a wild night life this is not the place you want to stay!

We really, really liked the food at Zoetry! We love seafood and there were many fish options on the menus: grouper, snapper, lobster, salmon, shrimp just to name a few. We ate at Olena’s on our arrival night and it was a good first impression! Our favorite dinner was the Author Dinner, it required reservations and was a set menu and the food was delicious. We also had room service 1 night for dinner, and it arrived within 20 minutes and was steaming hot! I had the steak which was better than the one I had at Amaya. We felt that for dinner entrée options, between the 2 available restaurants and room service we felt we had plenty to pick from for our 7-night stay. Breakfast & lunch menu did not vary, but again we were only there for 7-days and were completely satisfied and came home fatter & happier! However, after reading raving reviews we were so excited for the Friday night beach BBQ and when we found out on Thursday night that is was being postponed til Saturday, the day of our departure, we were so disappointed. For those of us who arrived after the last BBQ and were leaving before the next one, I wish they had rebooked it for Thursday evening. I know they cannot accommodate everyone’s schedule, but we were disappointed that it was not offered during our stay.

The staff is very, very friendly and helpful. I do not think I encountered one cranky person. There were a few that stood out as being particularly good at their job, but I do not like to name them individually as I would feel horrible leaving someone out. Almost always, the staff members who interact directly with the guests get the most kudos, but I have to say the groundskeepers and beach rakers are very hardworking men and do a tremendous amount of work to make Zoetry such a beautiful property.

Staff personality’s aside, we did feel that the level of service they provided was not up to what we would consider Zoetry standards. Food service, always with a smile & happy attitude, was inconsistent. It was our conclusion that perhaps some more training is needed. The staff seems willing and eager to please, but they seem to be lacking either training or leadership. At meals often things did not happen in proper order. “Proper order” some of you may be saying… well I feel at resort of this caliber the service should be consistent with a fine dining experience. The inconsistency was across the board for all restaurants, at all meals, but most specifically at dinner is when we found it the most disappointing. Often we were seated and before the water glasses filled, or a drink order taken, or a dinner roll offered we were being asked for our dinner order. We would politely say we wanted to order drinks first and from there who knew what would happen next. Sometimes bread was offered, other times we waited and would have to ask. Often we had to ask for water refills. Sometimes drinks came before the meal, sometimes it came with the meal. And more than once, not all 4 entrees were served at the same time. By no means did this ruin our meals, it was just disappointing and fell well below our expectations for Zoetry. In my mind this an easy fix; a little more retraining for all the restaurant servers would go a long way in providing the Zoetry guest with a proper dining experience. Some guests may be annoyed that something on the menu was not available or there was not any variety/change in the menu, neither of these bothered us BUT the inconsistent level of service did.

For comparison, I have stayed at Punta Cana Princess a number of times and in my opinion it is a ranking or few below Zoetry, however their dinner service at the a la carte restaurants was consistently better than Zoetry which leads me to believe that there is no reason why the service at Zoetry cannot be improved to the standards that one would expect from fine dining at a top ranked resort.

One other staffing issue we had was with the staff that “works” at the towel hut. Again, this comment is not about friendliness or attitude, but to point out something that did not meet and actually fell below our expectations of Zoetry. I am perfectly able & capable of setting up my own chair beachside, but at this caliber of a resort I would expect that if 2-4 staff members watch me enter the beach area and ask for towels, that at least one of them would offer to assist me. We were dragging cushions to chairs, moving chairs to palapas, the whole while 2-4 staff members were watching from the towel hut. Not one effort to help. This did not happen just one day, this happened to us EVERY day while we were there. I am NOT a diva, and as I said I am able to do it myself, but truly Zoetry should be providing some beach assistance. How difficult would it be for 1 of those staff members to greet with a “good morning, where would you like to sit today? Let me help you”. When asked for help they gladly did, but I don’t think guests at Zoetry should have to ask. Especially since there were more than 1 staff members doing nothing, it’s not like they were busy helping someone else. Perhaps some guests did not have to ask and were given assistance, but that just confirms the inconsistency in service as we watched many guests do just what we did. Again it’s my opinion that some training in this area is much needed. Or don’t have that many staff members hovering around the towel hut doing nothing as it makes them look lazy and is if they are not doing their job. Which I hope isn’t the case because if it is, the supervisors have bigger issues!

The men & women serving drinks/food around the pool and at the beach were fantastic! I think they have the hardest job on the property. Especially the ones working the beach… day after day walking through the sand fully clothed cannot be easy, add the hot sun and the humidity, a tray full of drinks, and a beach full of thirsty guests while maintaining a smile and happy attitude… these people are the true definition of “hard workers”. They are awesome!

Overall our vacation at Zoetry Agua was excellent and I definitely would recommend it. I wish I could say it was “better than expected”, but because of a few little things I can only say that overall it was what we expected with some areas above our expectations and some areas below our expectations. We are reasonable enough to know that there probably is not one resort that is going to be perfect and meet all of our expectations, but we will keep trying new places and roll with the good and the bad.

During the week we often found ourselves comparing the two Zoetrys and this what we summarized, based on our needs/wants/experience: We felt that Zoetry Cancun was top notch for all around service and exceeded our expectations; the dining service was consistent and the pool/beach attendants were very attentive. In fairness I would have to say the food at both Zoetry Cancun & Punta Cana rate equally… being different cultures, there is definitely a difference in the cuisine and we appreciate both. View aside, we liked the rooms at Zoetry Punta Cana much more than Zoetry Cancun. We LOVED the pool area at Zoetry Cancun, but LOVED the beach at Zoetry Punta Cana.

Although a long trip from the East Coast, we are considering Zoetry Casa del Mar in Cabo for next November.

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for choosing Zoetry agua for your recent stay.

We want to thank you again for all these beautiful comments about our staff,service,food, beach,

You already know, you more than welcome in our Sanctuary of peace and love!

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just returned from our 30th anniversary trip to Zoetry. Can't say enough good about it. We arrived in a torrential storm with the power going out. Still were greeted with enthusiasm and warmth. Managed to get a hot meal too!!

I would however like to address the complaints of others. First of all, if you are expecting things to be as they are at home, then stay home! Don't go to another country! Remember the expression, When in Rome...?
I heard complaints about the beach yet every morning and through out the day there were staff on the beach cleaning and scooping up debris and seaweed. Is it their fault that there had been a lot of rain and the local river had flooded? As for the pool, we watched from our suite every morning as the staff cleaned and scrubbed it. One day it was actually scrubbed with a sponge, by hand! Now that is dedication. We had maid service 3 times a day. Our floors were scrubbed, our towels changed out, and flower blossoms were placed on the bed. Each day the bed was arranged a little differently, very creative. As for repairs, yes they are working on the walkways however we never heard any noise except during the day. Our sleep was not disturbed in any way. Bugs, what do you expect, you are in the islands. The bug spray in the room was very effective and we used it in the evening so we could sit outside. The fumigation, the daily Sundial was very explicit about when it was being done. We had plenty of time to go inside during the spraying. As for the language barrier, all the staff worked very hard to understand and speak english but come on, you are in a foreign country, it is really your job to try and understand them, not the other way around. We did miss out on the beach barbeque due to two weddings but we never lacked for food. Always available and always plentiful.

We had a second floor junior suite and I would highly recommend it. More private than the first floor rooms and we had a wonderful view of both the ocean and the pool. Could even watch the weddings from our balcony!! It was like living in a treehouse and we loved it.

The staff was awesome! Hats off to Jaimie who entertained us in the evening with his wit and his dance lessons. David, you were awesome! "Over the top". The spa was wonderful. Partake of the complimentary massage but don't hesitate to go back for another!!

My only slightly negative comment would be about the food. The menus in the three restaurants did not change during the week. Although there was plenty to choose from it would have been nice to have an occasional 'special'. The one time we were offered the special menu, most of the items were not available or were changed. I ordered a potato salad and got a beet salad, weird. Loved the authors dinner. Our best meal. Loved the rolls and snacks at the Cocoa cafe too. That passionfruit dessert, amazing!!

Don't go here if you are expecting wild nightlife. Do go here if you want elegance, attentiveness, relaxation, gorgeous scenery and a romantic setting. It was our first experience with an all-inclusive and it was worth every penny!!!! Definitely honeymoon/anniversary material!!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms offer more privacy. Also great views of the pool, ocean and gardens. Suite 42...
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having choice this hotel for your 30th anniversary,and for mention our amazing Staff, who works every day harder to make your vacation unforgettable.

Sorry for the inconveniences with meals, and we promise your next stay here will be perfect at all!

Best Regards!

Been to Zoetry Agua Punta Cana? Share your experiences!